Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

We should have a contest sometime, like have everybody do a common song like "Jingle Bells" or something in their own style, and let the board choose the winner.

Comment

• ace diamond
      Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
      i am the best guitarist you've never heard.
      ...and a legend in your own mind too!
      Originally posted by hideyoursheep
      When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
      "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ace diamond
        if he has found his sound and tone that works for him, then more power to him.
        gar, there is nothing wrong with actually achieving the goal of finally finding the sound that suits you.
        my whole point was, that as far as i am concerned, on my cd's, live, etc..., i have not found my tone and sound just yet.
        not one i'm totally happy with anyway.
        if jhale has figured it out for himself, then more fucking power to him.
        i'm happy for him and i salute him.
        it's not an easy task and it takes a long fucking time.
        most guitarists never find their signature sound.
        i'm still looking for mine.
        i've come fairly close a couple times, but it still wasn't quite right.
        if jhale has gotten it right and is happy with his sound, good for him and i'm happy for him.
        however, if you haven't yet found your sound, then i urge you to not give up and to continue the search.
        it is a very elusive search..........like the pevensi kids hunting the white stag.........
        ha hahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahhaahah
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

gar, there is nothing wrong with actually achieving the goal of finally finding the sound that suits you.
          my whole point was, that as far as i am concerned, on my cd's, live, etc..., i have not found my tone and sound just yet.
          if jhale has gotten it right and is happy with his sound, good for him and i'm happy for him.
          however, if you haven't yet found your sound, then i urge you to not give up and to continue the search.
          it is a very elusive search..........like the pevensi kids hunting the white stag.........
          try a SansAmp GT2. you can dial in the perfect setting then color it afterwards if needed.
          I know you'll find something there for what you go for.
          (not busting balls I'm serious)

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Thank you and good night...er, morning...I was recording while GAyR was busy hating..

Ordinarily I'd say if you haven't found yours yet, perhaps you need to keep trying...? If at first you don't succeed?

Contrary to troll assertion, I've played through JMPs. And JCM800s and 900s. And some vintage and/or modded vintage Plexis (also including a Metropoulis dupe of the Plexi) modded by and also for names I could drop, Soldanos, 5150 I and IIs, etc. Always maintained and come back to the Boogie, FOR LIVE WORK and will not apologize for it. And while I could care if he likes my playing, the thing that is known in the wild as douche-tube-GARfailicus needs to quit assuming is that he knows what tracks he's heard and is supposedly critiquing are recorded with or without the Boogie. He doesn't. For all he or anyone else here knows it may not actually be on ANY of the Soundclick links...yet still he ASSumes... or I guess in his mind I sound like shit through anything. Opinions (of) and Assholes...what can ya do.

Originally posted by GARfail
            Unless you're Jay - he hasn't bought a pack of new strings in 6 years and his golden-age Boogie amps' out of spec but couldn't be happier.
            Says the guy that claims to only play through old “out-of-spec” Plexis, yet also claims to have supposedly quit playing. And from the 6 years quote, imagining you're still stuck behind a counter in a store in Hollywood I rarely if ever shop at for strings (and still don't have access to track my purchases globally in said counter's company system? What, d'ya work in the warehouse or something?? LMAO) because that was indeed probably the last time I bought strings - there...lol

So I take it that: if you hate on Deadbag Darryl, the terrorists win..
            Nope. Just means – much like when you hate on me – that you’re a bitter, jealous hater - kinda pathetic if ya think about it. Congrats.

Dime used solid-state Randalls not because he was "cheap" but because he DUG them, for what they did for him (until the switch to Kranks). Not everyone has to like it. If you haven't noticed, nobody cares if you don't, Lady GAR GAR.

Last edited by jhale667; 11-13-2010, 11:17 AM.
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Candy Girl

...and a legend in your own mind too!
              really? REALLY????

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Ace's new sound should be a harpsichord.

Through a tube screamer.

into his staple amp which is a cheerios box.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

On Ace night, the patrons have to be strapped to their seats. There's blood on the chairs from them trying to escape but it's ok since it blends in with the sauce.

It's a pay to play system.

ace pays to play and the audience pays for listening.

At the top of the menu it says "never mind him, try the linguini"

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                    Ace's new sound should be a harpsichord.

Through a tube screamer.

into his staple amp which is a cheerios box.
                    Which should be plugged into a shoddy extension cord with the insulation frayed, and played while standing in a puddle, consisting more than likely of his own flop sweat.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                      Contrary to troll assertion, I've played through JMPs. And JCM800s and 900s. And some vintage and/or modded vintage Plexis (also including a Metropoulis dupe of the Plexi) modded by and also for names I could drop, Soldanos, 5150 I and IIs, etc. Always maintained and come back to the Boogie, FOR LIVE WORK and will not apologize for it.
                      Yeah, on Saturday mornings, I used to drive to Hollywood, buy a slurpee, and go hang out in the guitar stores all morning too. ::snareroll_crash::

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Point is: what you use, not what you tired out somewhere but stuck with - what you OWN.

Darrel had a recording contract for years, and dozens of shows. He had money!

There's no excuse he had to be stuck with those tinny buzzboxes other than he was high on pot all day but that's his choice - I'm guessing he sobered up after the money ran out, then started listening to his rig going "WTF was I thinking" and started working on his tone. Ten years too late, but he finally got a tube amp, yes he did!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

You don't even own an amp, so wtf are you going on about?
                          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                            You don't even own an amp, so wtf are you going on about?
                            (if what you say is true and he really doesn't have gear)
                            He's killed this whole forum.

Not banning him is like having maggots crawling all over the kitchen, then someone saying well we didn't get word that they have to go so they stay and that's that.

If he shat all over the sports forum I bet he'd be gone.
                            But its all for the best, because we should all be fucking playing our asses off and getting better instead of baiting this POS on a message board. Maybe Bor should be applauded for getting people off the boards and out in the fresh air? If someone left a floater in your soup bowl do you leave it in because noone told you to take it out? or do you do the obvious.
                            Why are we averaging 15 people here at any given moment instead of a couple hundred?

Did the pillsbury doughboy contribute to building human brains?
                            Does oxygen travel to the cranium in the decision makers here or does it keep going and turn into a poot.
                            since all this is obvious I expect none of it to register.

if you love to hate him that's your thing. An inspired zinger is one thing.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Oh we're the boys in the chorus we hope you like our show.

we know you're rootin' for us but now we have to go------- (6th chord on go)

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

"Happy Tree Friends", that's the best YOU can do. Suddenly I'm sleepy.

Slurpees will kill ya. No wonder you and DisgrACE both weigh a metric ton.

Wow. Couldn't sleep, having too much fun with actual life and music stuff... Came back, was just gonna roll with it and post that - and suddenly GAyR (and another usual troll side-order) was even more like non-toxic nor fatal nerve gas(just lame)...ZZZZZZZZZZ. Phone rang, walked away left/page open, etc. ... totally knocked out - too bad upon returning there's not a single post before or since to thank him/them for. (OK, Ace said something...nice, but who trusts that guy?)

How-EVAH. What have we learned besides much like every girl he's ever met - GAyR bored people here to sleep?
                                Originally posted by GAR
                                Point is: what you use, not what you tired out somewhere but stuck with - what you OWN.
                                Or like you - were so terrible and got so tired out you quit altogether, at which point even what you (think you) OWN doesn't MATTER. To anyone... there's a synopsis for ya
                                Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...