X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    No photochop... it was from a celebrity tournament for LAPD back around 2002 I think. The "Cancer" era...
    True dat. That pic is totally legit....it was right around the beginning of Ed's total meltdown...the one that made all of his previous meltdowns pale in comparison.

I believe it was just shy of him and Val breaking up, which then led to Ed's complete transformation into a meth-addled, toothless freak who dressed like a homeless guy. (Anyone remember the "House of Petals" performance and Ed's homeless fashion statement with the toes sticking out of the sneakers?)

And of course mixed in there somewhere was the incredibly forgettable 2004 "reunion" tour with Spambo which was the last time Ed would allow Michael Anthony on a stage with him.

Ahhhhhh....memories.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
      This has to be a photochop. Too epic of a picture!

Credit: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com

http://www.ugo.com/music/van-halen-australia-tour

He's got the old patented Alex "Samoan" hairdo going on!
      This space for rent.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
        He's got the old patented Alex "Samoan" hairdo going on!
        I was thinking more like this:

Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

"Your world frightens and confuses me! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. Your new technological devices scare me...Hang on a second...I'm sorry, I was listening to the magic voices coming out of this strange modern invention"

This would also go a long way toward explaining Ed's phobia with modern devices, such as the internet and Twitter.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• indeedido
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

Ha no doubt!
          This space for rent.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Douglas T.
            Yawn! !! !!!DT
            good ta see ya old boy
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

According to Slash, VH are at the mixing stage. From blabbermouth

On May 17, Tom Russell of U.K.'s Rock Radio conducted an interview with legendary guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES). You can now listen to the chat using the audio player below. A couple of excerpts follow.

On VAN HALEN:

Slash: "They're finishing [up their new album right now], actually. I don't wanna speak on their behalf, but one of the guys that works for us works for VAN HALEN in the studio and he told me that they're in the mixing stages."

On his current touring band and next solo album:

Slash: "We have the same exact band [as the one that was on tour last year], with Myles [Kennedy of ALTER BRIDGE] on vocals. The band is so great and Myles is one of the most fantastic singers I've ever worked with or even seen or heard; he is amazing. So we are actually knee-deep in writing for the next record. We're all going to perform on it. It's gonna be really, really good; the material we have is awesome."

"The turnaround between records is a little slow because we’ve been touring so much, but [the next album] will come out next year."

"The thought [of debuting some of the new tracks on tour this summer] has crossed my mind, so if there's something that's developed enough to the point where we can pull that off, then we will, 'cause I think that'd be a cool thing to do. But we haven't had a chance to actually go into a studio and rehearse this stuff. Lately it's just been a lot of writing, and I'll send a copy of something I wrote to Myles and he writes lyrics to it, but we haven't gotten in as a band and started doing pre-production yet."

On the rumor that SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor was being seriously considered for the singer position in VELVET REVOLVER:

Slash: "There is a lot of controversy over this one. Corey came down and we had kept it pretty quiet and then word got out that we had worked with him. And we did write some songs with him and made demos and all that kind of stuff, but it just didn't end up working out. But then word got out about him coming down way after the fact. So then it became this new rumor that was six months behind schedule. But it didn't end up working out."

On the one-year anniversary of Ronnie James Dio's death:

Slash: "Ronnie was awesome, one of my favorite singers of all time. It only seems like yesterday [that he died]. I never worked with him but we both got our hands in the [Hollywood] RockWalk in L.A. at the same time. And that was the first time we ever met. He was a true gentleman — one of the nicest, unassuming rock stars you'll ever meet."
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Pffft... the only way that band can have a decent line-up that lasts for more than an album is if they get The Bach as their lead singer.

As for those VH rumours, once again, it's all "someone told this guy who told me".

I DON'T believe & I won't until I hold the album in my hands & put it back in the store's shelf, because, frankly, paying 30 bucks for a CD is retarded.

And they wonder why the sales are so low...

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker

I DON'T believe & I won't until I hold the album in my hands & put it back in the store's shelf, because, frankly, paying 30 bucks for a CD is retarded.

30 bucks for a freakin CD? Where the hell do you live, Portugal?

Oh, you do. Hey do you guys have running water yet?
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                    I was thinking more like this:

Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

"Your world frightens and confuses me! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. Your new technological devices scare me...Hang on a second...I'm sorry, I was listening to the magic voices coming out of this strange modern invention"

This would also go a long way toward explaining Ed's phobia with modern devices, such as the internet and Twitter.
                    I love that fuckin skit!!!
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Anonymous
                      Banned
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                      30 bucks for a freakin CD? Where the hell do you live, Portugal?

Oh, you do. Hey do you guys have running water yet?
                      Listen, you cunt. D'you think Portugal is some retarded backwater hamlet like Ontario?

It just so happens we've had running water for CENTURIES.

I just clap me hands & up comes the servant up the stairs, running with the water.

As for the 30 bucks a coaster, let's just say I haven't bought CDs in a couple of years, but I'll bet that'll be their price in 2 to 6 months.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • May 2010

Feel free to delete this post mods. But watch the whole thing before you do. Would love to see Van Halen and Soundgarden play a festival together.

Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-22-2011, 07:45 PM. Reason: Dave should jam with this fucker....I know he can sing the whole catalogue. Dave should be fine.
                        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• AJW
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                          Feel free to delete this post mods. But watch the whole thing before you do. Would love to see Van Halen and Soundgarden play a festival together.
                          Thanks for posting. I like Cornell.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig

[/CENTER]

Gene Simmons?
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• 1971Quarter
                              Roadie
                              • Feb 2006

Just imagine if even half of the posts to this thread had something to do with "VAN HALEN'S IN THE STUDIO"...

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by 1971Quarter
                                Just imagine if even half of the posts to this thread had something to do with "VAN HALEN'S IN THE STUDIO"...
                                Yep, and just imagine you joining another website.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...