Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 2002 Sam and Dave Tour -- Who Saw It? And Is It Considered ...

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-02-2012 @ 06:12 PM
    Making Luv To A Gin N' Tonic At A Bar In Hell
    Status
    Thanks

The 2002 Sam and Dave Tour -- Who Saw It? And Is It Considered ...

... an important solo dave tour amongst the hardcore dlr fans?

... it was an excellent double bill and it was quite a milestone to see king diamond dave and sammy playing on the same stage on the same night ...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Banned
    aka Captain Edward Smith

Member No
    Last Online
    11-23-2010 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck off young man!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Whiteflag for this KICKASS post:

GAR (11-18-2010)

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

I saw it at Glen Helen Pavilion in San Bernardino...same place US Fest 83 was. I thought it was an important tour for any Van Halen fan to see. Whether a fan of Roth, Hagar, or both. From what I could tell from the crowd, the people were fans of both eras. People sang aloud to almost every song from both frontmen/eras.

Dave opened & was amazing. Sammys stage setup seemed a bit more elaborate. Not sure if that was because he was the headliner that night, or maybe his big screen monitor just showed up better because it was dark for most of his set, and daylight for Daves.

Sammy put on a good show. You could tell he was giving it everything he had because he knew he was up against the ultimate competition.

Must see show for any hardcore Van Halen fan from either era. How often does something like this ever happen? There aren't many bands that have been successful with 2 singers, and for them to tour together after all the shit....amazing. Brought out the best in both performers I thought.

Dave clearly won the show I attended...with both performance and song selection. Sammy got a lot of cheers as well, but by then people were hammered from drinking along with Roth for 1 1/2 hours.

If I remember correctly, Roth also did much better in the merchandising during the tour. Although the Roth tent didn't have as much variety as the Hagar tent. Quality, not quantity as they say.

The only downer from the whole night was Michael Anthony coming out for a couple songs with Hagar. Would have been epic had he come out with Dave for a few tunes. I wonder if those 2 ever talked at all or bumped into each other during that tour.

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-27-2020 @ 07:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    I saw it at Glen Helen Pavilion in San Bernardino...same place US Fest 83 was. I thought it was an important tour for any Van Halen fan to see. Whether a fan of Roth, Hagar, or both. From what I could tell from the crowd, the people were fans of both eras. People sang aloud to almost every song from both frontmen/eras.

Dave opened & was amazing. Sammys stage setup seemed a bit more elaborate. Not sure if that was because he was the headliner that night, or maybe his big screen monitor just showed up better because it was dark for most of his set, and daylight for Daves.

Sammy put on a good show. You could tell he was giving it everything he had because he knew he was up against the ultimate competition.

Must see show for any hardcore Van Halen fan from either era. How often does something like this ever happen? There aren't many bands that have been successful with 2 singers, and for them to tour together after all the shit....amazing. Brought out the best in both performers I thought.

Dave clearly won the show I attended...with both performance and song selection. Sammy got a lot of cheers as well, but by then people were hammered from drinking along with Roth for 1 1/2 hours.

If I remember correctly, Roth also did much better in the merchandising during the tour. Although the Roth tent didn't have as much variety as the Hagar tent. Quality, not quantity as they say.

The only downer from the whole night was Michael Anthony coming out for a couple songs with Hagar. Would have been epic had he come out with Dave for a few tunes. I wonder if those 2 ever talked at all or bumped into each other during that tour.
    i was there too. i completely agree with your review of the thing.
    just 1 thing i wish to add is that hagar's hometown of fontana is just a few miles down the I-15 and I am relatively certain that, being as it was
    a more or less hometown show for sammy, his family and friends were there.
    i saw sammy nov. 1,1997 at cal state university, san bernardino and he played for almost 4 hours with no opening act.
    he was telling stories about banging his first chick in the mountains right near the college, and other such things.
    i had to walk home after the show, i lived in muscoy on the corner of kern and duffy at the time, so it wasn't a long walk.
    either way, as sammy's car was leaving the parking lot, he saw me, rolled his window down, and asked me if i needed a ride.
    i told him "no. i'd rather walk home"
    needless to say, it did not take me long to get home after that show.
    back to the 2002 devore show with and , dave kicked sammy's ass like a red headed step-child.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Oh for Christ sakes, it was a night to get fucking blitzed and yell at Hagarita....

At least that's what it was for Pojo and I in Raleigh....

We were fucking hammered by the time Dave headlined, had a great time....

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    I was there at The Gorge...

Dave went on first and half of the people went back to our RV's during the Spam - Cabo infomercial...

8. Thanked ELVIS for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (11-16-2010)

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

hagar opened in phoenix. he had a little more crowd interaction what with the bleachers on stage and all, yet roth sounded better and sang everything we wanted to hear.!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Oh for Christ sakes, it was a night to get fucking blitzed and yell at Hagarita....

At least that's what it was for Pojo and I in Raleigh....

We were fucking hammered by the time Dave headlined, had a great time....
    Agreed...remember talking to the fucking Hagar fans at the start...that old broad and her toothless boyfriend? No shit, she was this used up, 50-year-old, scratchy-voiced ho-bag, with a 35-year-oldish, toothless, redneck, mullet-headed boyfriend. Boy did they love Hagar. We come back out, and sitting on my car is this used up napkin (god can only wonder what they used that for) that said, Hagar kicked Roth's ass!!!!!

It was apparent that they had left before Dave performed.

I wish I had a picture for them...it would have been a hell of a concert poster for Hagar.

Many good memories from that show. Hotdog and a Shake sitting in front of us. I can't remember what brought us to the conversation, but he started talking about the Roth Army, not knowing who we were...pretty funny stuff.

He was there with his girl, and if I remember correctly, dancing to Hagar. Didn't we punch him at some point? What people will do to get laid.

I spend 90% of the Hagar show facing the back of the amphitheater, yelling rampant profanities. I seem to moderately recall walking out during the set with Michael Anthony and talking to Santa Claus. There was some Santa-Claus looking guy with David Lee Roth pins sitting at a picnic table by the beer stand. He said this was the 40th or 50th time he'd seen Roth. I asked him where his sleigh was.

Va spent the majority of the Hagar portion of the show engaged in timely conversation with the young asian goddess to our right. It got so bad, that her boyfriend (yeah...just like VA) actually had to move them away. You could see the longing in her slightly slanted eyes.

All-in-All...a damn good time indeed...

Christ Va...hard to believe it was eight years ago...

11. Thanked POJO_Risin for this KICKASS post:

GAR (11-18-2010)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Saw it at Tampa, Roth was on first even though it didn't fit with the turn about pattern which pissed me off.

I stayed for a bit of Hagar's show, partly to review it for here, partly to make sure I caught his eye to call him a prick but mainly because I was absolutely convinced that there was no way the onstage bleacher of mainly female Hagar fans could last holding that amount of weight.

Hat's off to Hagar's crew, that was a fucking serious bit of structural engineering. If they had done the twin towers history could have been very different.

It's funny to think that back then I managed to get 2 second row tickets from an 'Agency' for $100 which seemed like an insane amount to spend at the time...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Saw it at Tampa, Roth was on first even though it didn't fit with the turn about pattern which pissed me off.

I stayed for a bit of Hagar's show, partly to review it for here, partly to make sure I caught his eye to call him a prick but mainly because I was absolutely convinced that there was no way the onstage bleacher of mainly female Hagar fans could last holding that amount of weight.

Hat's off to Hagar's crew, that was a fucking serious bit of structural engineering. If they had done the twin towers history could have been very different.

It's funny to think that back then I managed to get 2 second row tickets from an 'Agency' for $100 which seemed like an insane amount to spend at the time...
    Damn Sesh...wish I would have gone to that show...I remember that I was playing with the idea...but had already bought tix for the Charlotte and Raleigh shows...and my broke ass couldn't do it at the time...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

I nearly missed it. I was sitting in the hotel bar and an urgent call came in over the tannoy for Mr Seshmeister.

A Roth Army poster had phoned the hotel to warn me Roth was on first.

If I'd known in advance I would have been at one of the SC shows, I just sat a couple of weeks before counting out the days with a map in front of me working out where I could get to where I thought he would headline.

It didn't matter that much in the end but the place was only 2/3 full at the start of his set.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post

Dave went on first and half of the people went back to our RV's during the Spam - Cabo infomercial...

Holy shit - WTF were you doing at the Gorge? I was there too... ended up sitting next to FORD of all people!

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    Holy shit - WTF were you doing at the Gorge? I was there too... ended up sitting next to FORD of all people!
    wow, what are the chances?

probably the same as Ace getting struck by lightning 4 times.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThrillsNSpills View Post

in one night

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    I suppose it was an important solo tour in the sense that Roth was co-headlining large venues again (the last extended series of concerts he gave prior to that were in 1999/2000, and those saw him as an opening act for such bands as Bad Company), and this raised his visibility far as media attention went...probably the highest it had been in terms of general interest since 1996, as outside of the diehard fans most people really didn't even pay much heed to his autobiogaphy or the DLR Band cd releases.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    I went to high school in West Seattle and my sister and her family live in Federal Way, so I invited her and her husband...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-07-2015 @ 11:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I seen it in peoria illinois.

Dave went on first and he sang pretty well, I didnt care for his guitar player on vh material at all.

That was the first time since 1982 I seen Dave bend over backwards and sing like on the vh vh cover, he held on to the mic stand and his head damn near touched the floor, it was pretty cool, I cant remember what song he was singing, prolly atomic punk or something.

I could also see him standing off to the side of the stage smoking cigs and talking to some chick and another guy.

There were alot of people smoking pot up front where I was at and everyone was blowing pot smoke towards the stage, he jokingly waved his hand thru the smoke and made a face.

I think it was important because it gave all the vanhagar fans who didnt know who the original singer for vh was an idea what the real vanhalen was about.

I left after daves set and I wasnt alone, I seen alot of people going out the doors, prolly a few hundred.

It was a good concert.
    Last edited by vh rides again; 11-16-2010 at 11:54 PM.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

opening night. met Von at the show, we were 15th row and i think he was second row. great show, good to see Dave on a big stage again, a stage i'd seen him on a couple times prior.

toward the end of the tour, i drove to Pittsburgh on a Sunday with the plan of watching Dave's opening set, leaving immediately after, and getting back home by midnight. took the long way down there, did a little tailgating in the parking lot, had a decent seat in the pavilion. homecoming show for Ray, a couple years later in Cleveland i told him i'd been to that show and he laughs and says he told his parents where not to be when Dave did the JD bottle bit. set's over and i'm on my way out...guy at the gate says "you're gonna miss the rest of the show" and i told him the show worth seeing was already over, and it was killer.

get back out to the parking lot, top down on the Jeep and i hit the highway. made good time up Rt 11 through Ohio, roll into my driveway at 12:02. fuck, two minutes late.

we were going to hit the next to last show in Buffalo. got the van all packed up and we're just into PA when Von calls, he's rolling through Ontario and lets us know Ray called and says last two shows are canceled, the Rotund Rocker blew his voice out doing a free show or something. we took a drive around Presque Isle, hit the burger joint around the corner from the house when we got back, and blew the rest of the beer money at Girlyland later that night. not the Memorial Day weekend we had planned, but pretty close to normal.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 11-17-2010 at 01:05 AM.

22. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (11-17-2010)

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    opening night. met Von at the show, we were 15th row and i think he was second row. great show, good to see Dave on a big stage again, a stage i'd seen him on a couple times prior.

toward the end of the tour, i drove to Pittsburgh on a Sunday with the plan of watching Dave's opening set, leaving immediately after, and getting back home by midnight. took the long way down there, did a little tailgating in the parking lot, had a decent seat in the pavilion. homecoming show for Ray, a couple years later in Cleveland i told him i'd been to that show and he laughs and says he told his parents where not to be when Dave did the JD bottle bit. set's over and i'm on my way out...guy at the gate says "you're gonna miss the rest of the show" and i told him the show worth seeing was already over, and it was killer.

get back out to the parking lot, top down on the Jeep and i hit the highway. made good time up Rt 11 through Ohio, roll into my driveway at 12:02. fuck, two minutes late.

we were going to hit the next to last show in Buffalo. got the van all packed up and we're just into PA when Von calls, he's rolling through Ontario and lets us know Ray called and says last two shows are canceled, the Rotund Rocker blew his voice out doing a free show or something. we took a drive around Presque Isle, hit the burger joint around the corner from the house when we got back, and blew the rest of the beer money at Girlyland later that night. not the Memorial Day weekend we had planned, but pretty close to normal.
    Presque Isle...funny...when I moved to PA from Cleveland, I lived mere minutes from Presque Isle...

Ouch...from going to see Dave...to...Presque Isle...Burgers...and Girlyland...

lol...

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

I saw the show down here in West Palm Amphitheater... nice venue, outdoors and all. Dave was the closer that night and he did not disappoint! I had seen Dave solo a few times before that, but to see him in a large venue was great! That's where I got my bad-ass 'Ole #1' shirt that I wore loud & proud to every VH 07/08 show that I attended!

The Reverend
    Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    01-15-2023 @ 12:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The Gorge

I witnessed The Gorge show as well. Spent most of the day wandering the campsites raising toasts to fellow Dave's and hissing at Spam's. It was a great campground as there was nothing but Van Halen pumping from every site.

I thought Dave wiped the floor with Sam. As Dave said, "Sam liked to party, and Dave was the party." I didn't mind that Dave opened the show because the sun was shining brilliantly. I'd never had the chance of seeing him perform under a shining sun. A few years earlier I saw him headline Bumbershoot in Seattle in the stadium behind the Space Needle, and that was a hot summer night. (Great show too) But seeing thee Sun God under the sun was a pinacle moment in my Dave experiences.

Amen,
    The Reverend
    www.rocknrollbreakfast.com

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    I saw the show down here in West Palm Amphitheater... nice venue, outdoors and all. Dave was the closer that night and he did not disappoint! I had seen Dave solo a few times before that, but to see him in a large venue was great! That's where I got my bad-ass 'Ole #1' shirt that I wore loud & proud to every VH 07/08 show that I attended!
    VAiN, wasn't that show originally planned for the Pompano Ampitheater, yet was moved North to West Palm? (It might have been a solo appearance, now that I think of it.) Dave was supposed to play at Gulfstream one year as well, but this too was cancelled. It was as if he didn't wish to play our area at all for a while there, which sucked as I had tickets for both shows.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I went to high school in West Seattle and my sister and her family live in Federal Way, so I invited her and her husband...
    Man, what a small world... I lived in West Seattle for years until we moved a few years ago.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slimdon View Post
    A few years earlier I saw him headline Bumbershoot in Seattle in the stadium behind the Space Needle, and that was a hot summer night. (Great show too)
    I saw that show as well... as I recall it was a few days before 9/11.

29. Thanked Guitar Shark for this KICKASS post:

GAR (11-18-2010)

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-27-2020 @ 07:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThrillsNSpills View Post

good one.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

I was at the Charlotte show, great show. It was really good to see Dave back on a big stage and he killed that night. Well, that's how I remember it anyway. Started off with a grass pass and was able to sneak down into the covered area using some dude's ticket (if it was one of you guys thanks for the seat and the weed!). Then when DLR came back around the next May for Speed Street he put on a killer show then too - in the freaking rain no less.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Man, what a small world... I lived in West Seattle for years until we moved a few years ago.

Eagle River !?!?!?

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-26-2018 @ 10:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slimdon View Post
    I was reading your site and I came across where it said that Ross Hogarth is producing the new CD? He also said this "The record I just started ROCKS!!! [It] will be amazing... That is all I will say..."

Maybe everyone knows this but it’s news to me.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 07:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

we were going to hit the next to last show in Buffalo. got the van all packed up and we're just into PA when Von calls, he's rolling through Ontario and lets us know Ray called and says last two shows are canceled, the Rotund Rocker blew his voice out doing a free show or something.
    He did that free Ground Zero show for NYFD, with three shows left in the tour.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2013 @ 10:25 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I saw them in Hartford, CT. Sammy went on first, and it was a contrived effort with girls, beach bar sets etc.

Dave headlined and the thing I remember was how hard rocking his set was. The Atomic Punks back up band he had was kick ass.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I saw the Atlanta, Ga show at Hi Fi Ampitheatre. There were probably about 7-8k people there. Dave went first and blew me away with an all CVH set. In the opening song Hot For Teacher, he said "i heard you missed me..i'm back" and the crowd went ballistic. Sammy headlined and i watched about half of it. He was just trying too hard and it wasn't much more than a tequila suckfest. I'm sure the fans that got to sit up on stage in the bleachers were thrilled to death but that was about the only thing i thought was relatively cool. There was a friend of mine who went to the show as well who plays in a band. He is in his mid 50's, has been playing for years, and has even opened for such artists as The Temptations and Johnny Van Zant. He didn't have a dog in the fight and just went to see both Dave and Sammy. When i asked him later who he thought was better, he said Dave was by a long shot. He also recognized that Dave's crowd noise was legit and when Sammy came on they were pumping in crowd noise.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Presque Isle...funny...when I moved to PA from Cleveland, I lived mere minutes from Presque Isle...
    every summer, i say "i'm gonna throw my bike in the back of the Jeep and go ride around Presque Isle for the day." and every September i say "damn, i never made it to Presque Isle this summer."

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

every summer, i say "i'm gonna throw my bike in the back of the Jeep and go ride around Presque Isle for the day." and every September i say "damn, i never made it to Presque Isle this summer."

Isn't that weird how that happens? I am a San Diego native and lived very close to the beach and Mission Bay...walking distance. I own a beach cruiser bike, and haven't ridden to the beach or bay in over 6 years. haven't been to Sea World or the San Diego Zoo in at least 15 years....and they're less than 10 minutes away!

We also have the historic Old Town, Mission, and Presidio and I haven't been to those for at least 25 years when doing school field trips. Not to mention all the great museums we have in Balboa Park.

You'd think I was sitting in my converted garage & drinking wine all day & night. I got 10 day-trips in the can.

Some cunt changd my name
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2017 @ 03:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks

sam and dave are tooring together again? im there.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

I saw the Sam & Dave Tour in Gnashville. Dave opened and destroyed the place. I hung out long enough to see bassplayer come out and do his think with Spamulus Flatulus.

Then I hurriedly left for the exit. Was glad to get away from the pollution.

If I remember right I was only about 12 rows back. Man. Dave and his fucking band just tore the fucking place up!

I missed the reunion tour, as every time they came to a city near here, I could not afford it, or it was during the week and I could not take 2 days off to go see them.

This past summer, my priority was to see Iron Maiden, and I purposely missed some road trips to save my coins so I could see them in Chicago. I did that and had a blast.

So this coming year, or two years or however long it takes for them to get their fucking shit together, VH will be my priority. I have enough time in at my current place of employment I can take the time off if I have to, though GODDAMMIT! VH NEEDS TO PLAY FUCKING GNASHVILLE! I mean they fucking played Atlanta TWICE!

Ah well. Wish they would get bassplayer back. I have said it a thousand times. Just not quite the same without him. The Kid can play bass, but he can't EVEN play like bassplayer can.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Isn't that weird how that happens? I am a San Diego native and lived very close to the beach and Mission Bay...walking distance. I own a beach cruiser bike, and haven't ridden to the beach or bay in over 6 years. haven't been to Sea World or the San Diego Zoo in at least 15 years....and they're less than 10 minutes away!

We also have the historic Old Town, Mission, and Presidio and I haven't been to those for at least 25 years when doing school field trips. Not to mention all the great museums we have in Balboa Park.

You'd think I was sitting in my converted garage & drinking wine all day & night. I got 10 day-trips in the can.
    That happened to me in LA. I did not visit a lot of places until a friend of mine flew down from Seattle to hang out on his vacation a year after I moved there.
    You kind of get the attitude like "Oh well, I can go see that any time" but you never get around to it.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

My Dad still stays in Erie for a few months out of the year, and when he does he takes walks out there all the time.....

Have to admit, it's much, much cleaner now than back in the days of dead fish.....

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 11:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    So is this lil' compilation from the tour?
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zUsonItbNJQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zUsonItbNJQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    VAiN, wasn't that show originally planned for the Pompano Ampitheater, yet was moved North to West Palm? (It might have been a solo appearance, now that I think of it.) Dave was supposed to play at Gulfstream one year as well, but this too was cancelled. It was as if he didn't wish to play our area at all for a while there, which sucked as I had tickets for both shows.
    I believe pompano was going to be a solo show.. didn't he get hurt before the Florida leg? I seem to recall something like that... Last time I saw Dave down this way was 06 at the Hard Rock.. That was his first time back down this far south in over 10 years, I believe...

45. Thanked VAiN for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (11-20-2010)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    I believe pompano was going to be a solo show.. didn't he get hurt before the Florida leg? I seem to recall something like that... Last time I saw Dave down this way was 06 at the Hard Rock.. That was his first time back down this far south in over 10 years, I believe...
    That's right, it was a solo show at Pompano that was canceled after he was hurt with a sword or some bizarre thing at an earlier show. As for Gulfstream, the track was in the middle of rebuilding at the time and the place wasn't even drawing flies, so it isn't a surprise that he backed out.

Thread Information