Commando
      • Mar 2012

Skyhooks, Women In Uniform, 1978

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Like in my Privates!

Last edited by SunisinuS; 11-11-2012, 06:37 AM. Reason: The thing about Prince is that he hits so hard with that first part....you forget his other dimensions when he plays....Good
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Little Texan
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Comment

• katina
            Commando
            • Mar 2012

Candy Dulfer, David A. Stewart. Lily was here.

Comment

• SunisinuS
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • May 2010

It's too easy to feel easy.

Last edited by SunisinuS; 12-02-2012, 08:56 PM. Reason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEo_aBD0nSA
              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• VHscraps
                Veteran
                • Jul 2009

I saw this new Hugh Cornwell (ex-Stranglers) tune on TV recently - pretty good:

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2009

... and it made me look up this - the extended version of 'Walk on By' by The Stranglers:

(BTW - can't embed two vids in one post?? Dis is new ...)
                  THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Walk on by is Dave greenfield doing the doors , in a good way
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VHscraps
                      Veteran
                      • Jul 2009

I was reading a book about The Stranglers, and back in '77 when people would say they sounded a bit like The Doors, they'd say 'Wha? Who? Doors? Never heard of 'em, mate.'

Ha. They was lying, of course. Cornwell's guitar style is quite like Robbie Krieger as well. The solos on 'Walk on By', I reckon, were later ripped off on this piano solo by Jools Holland on The The's 'Uncertain Smile', released 1983 (from 3:25 until the end).

I'm sure this is a fave of Roth Army regulars ... NOT.
                      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

They are similar or definitely a nod to them.
                        Back in the day , in my yoof I played a support gig with the stranglers in London , post Hugh . Paul Roberts I think , any way they were very cool guys . John Ellis the then guitarist was ace he just wanted to talk guitar all night .
                        I do have a soft spot for the stranglers .
                        Last edited by vandeleur; 12-12-2012, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• VHscraps
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2009

I had no idea you were a musician, Van-d ... my only brushes with famous musicians (off the top of my head) were with: i) Michael Schenker, drunk out of his tree in a takeaway in Glasgow after a MSG gig - he offered me a slug of his brandy, circa 1981; ii) Neil Murray, once of Whitesnake, who I shook hands with in the loos (oh-er) at Van Halen's Wembley Arena gig in ...92, I think; and Lloyd Cole (of Lloyd Cole and the Commotions) who I actually shared an apartment with for a few months in '85 in Glasgow. He really was a bedsit bard, even though he was by then on his second album, and in the charts etc ...
                          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

I remember Lloyd cole they had a couple of hits I think , though not my cup of tea.
                            Meeting people who are famous has totally changed now a days with the development of mobile phone cameras . Imagine a pic of u and schenker having a drink it would be class

Comment

• VHscraps
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by vandeleur
                              I remember Lloyd cole they had a couple of hits I think , though not my cup of tea.
                              Meeting people who are famous has totally changed now a days with the development of mobile phone cameras . Imagine a pic of u and schenker having a drink it would be class
                              Schenker was elastic man - there were a couple of roadies trying to keep him on his feet, and protect him from harming himself or getting into trouble, but too scared to just take the bottle off him for his own good ...
                              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

A girl friend at the time loved U2 and to my shame made me go see them in Leeds some years ago .
                                So we're wondering around town and bump in to Wayne hussey of the mission . A indie pop band at the time but he was pissed off his face in the middle of the day , And could hardly speak .
                                So we go to the gig at the stadium and various bands are playing and on come the mission and Wayne hussey has a bottle of what I assume is jd and staggers about a bit sings a couple of songs then falls off the stage . And this is one of these high stadium gig stages . The band play a bit music and then cut short the set ..
                                It must be a talent to be able to be that pissed and perform , one mr hussey had not mastered lol

Comment

Working...