Dave, Bassplayer and The Round Rocket ink new deals with Warner/Chappell...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
    The whole cancer situation only confirmed eddie's god complex to the world."I cured my cancer",sure Ed,Nothing to do with the treatment you got,no way.apparently doctors and scientists have been wasting their time with all this research,time and money.They should have got in contact with some over-the-hill rock star many years ago.I'll bet they are kicking themselves. I really fucking hate eddie.He is a crazy and bitter old man.How the mighty have fallen.It is sad to see.I particularly enjoy his implication that cancer always comes back,except in his case thanks to his secret method.Come to think of it,why the hell would eddie NEED van halen?,He has invented the cure for cancer.
    cool rant. my revelation was in 1985. steve vai is a superior guitarist, and a far better human.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
      That he attributed the cancer to his habit of placing metal guitar picks in his mouth while playing in the first place only muddied the waters further, considering people have been eating with metal spoons and forks for well over a century without any ill effects.
      A lot longer than a century but good call.

When I heard his bullshit I just thought 'What a fucking idiot'. What I should have thought is 'Spoons you fucking idiot'.

The amount of respect Eddie gets in the media is insane, he's still got a magic cloak from his work 35 fucking years ago that prevents anyone ripping the piss out of him.

Maybe it's just because he's not an A list celeb so not well enough known to be laughed at.

By all accounts Michael Jackson was pretty successful in the same era and he got laughed at constantly about the chimp and the oxygen tent and so on long before his pedo problems.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Reading the Aerosmith book I remember thinking I would be really hard pushed to think of a job I would hate more than Tim Collins one, listening to dumb fucking self centred man child millionaire rock stars whining and crying about how no one understands them day and how tough their lives are.

I'd rather be Susan Boyle's proctologist.

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          well he or she at least is employed right now, with all the travel subo does.

likely to get paid on time, too!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ashstralia
            cool rant. my revelation was in 1985. steve vai is a superior guitarist, and a far better human.
            That's a even better take !! I like Ed's tone better but Vai & Dave were a pretty good combo !! One more CD would have been nice out of them. Ed's a fucking moron. I still think Dave should bolt. But i'll wait for the CD. If I live long enough !!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

When I heard his bullshit I just thought 'What a fucking idiot'. What I should have thought is 'Spoons you fucking idiot'.

The amount of respect Eddie gets in the media is insane, he's still got a magic cloak from his work 35 fucking years ago that prevents anyone ripping the piss out of him.

Maybe it's just because he's not an A list celeb so not well enough known to be laughed at.

By all accounts Michael Jackson was pretty successful in the same era and he got laughed at constantly about the chimp and the oxygen tent and so on long before his pedo problems.
              So fuckin true...
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Reading the Aerosmith book I remember thinking I would be really hard pushed to think of a job I would hate more than Tim Collins one, listening to dumb fucking self centred man child millionaire rock stars whining and crying about how no one understands them day and how tough their lives are.

Thing of it is, these celebrities...from any field or walk of entertainment...they get sunshine blown up their ass enough by a combination of media and fans...and get it blown up there long enough...I mean, it'd take someone with an almost inhuman amount of humility not to start buying into all of that adulation and start believing all the hype.

If anything, Van Halen were probably too successful for their own good. Possibly the one good thing about CVH is they more-or-less ended on the top of their game, and Roth didn't stick around to participate in the group after Ed got soft and content from all the success the band (deservedly, IMO) had.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Part of the problem is coke which ego wise for these people is pouring gas on a fire.

It occurs to me that nowadays we would maybe have got another few years out of Van Halen because drugs fashions have changed a bit plus they wouldn't have had the royalties from the records and the big money comes from playing live so staying together.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                    Thing of it is, these celebrities...from any field or walk of entertainment...they get sunshine blown up their ass enough by a combination of media and fans...and get it blown up there long enough...I mean, it'd take someone with an almost inhuman amount of humility not to start buying into all of that adulation and start believing all the hype.
                    Of course I thought EVH was an amazing guitarist, otherwise why would I post here but even back in the day I was embarrassed reading the typical Guitarist spread.

It was fucking cringeworthy to read these people who were meant to be journalists talk to him like he was literally a god. Maybe it's a British thing but I don't think so, I found it toe curling and just horrible. That it goes on even now is ludicrous.

If he was the actual living god, the second coming here to save humanity the humble worship of the 'questions' would have been awkward.

That combined with fan worship, insecurity, a less than ideal upbringing, booze, drugs, LA, and not being the smartest cookie has created the pretty twisted confused Eddie we have now.
                    Last edited by Seshmeister; 11-26-2010, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Blaze
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Perhaps, Edward should have chosen to endeavor in more than one creative project (not that the slave masters of Warner would have let him) He could have created his artistic expressions and the commercialized sound so deeply expressed and desired in this thread.

It is natural that Edward would grow and express himself in a variety of ways. Ways that could not be fully continued within the Van Halen genre.

I happen to like Edward's piano renditions. Are they the same or close to the commercialized Van Halen band, not even close. Nevertheless, I listen to many musical scores that are not Van Halen (the band) genre.
                      {Dave too}
                      "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                      sigpic

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

yep. imagine being bono. or sting.

anyway back on topic.

SHOW ME THE MUSIC 3/4 VAN HALEN!

i shall hereby call them 3/4 vh.

3/4 original members, 3/4 members with the surname. oh god help us.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Right, but that's new material. The beauty of the box set is that everything is already recorded, so Eddie's laziness isn't a factor. With the possible exception of him actually having to pick up a master tape and move it from point a to point WB.
                          I think it plays perfectly into Ed & Shemp's laziness factor... Remastered boxsets gives the Dutch Pricks the perfect illusion of "working" without having to produce anything productive. Clearly they've mastered the art of doing nothing but making money off their creative elements from 35 years ago... There's the real genius.
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Blaze
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                            I think it plays perfectly into Ed & Shemp's laziness factor... Remastered boxsets gives the Dutch Pricks the perfect illusion of "working" without having to produce anything productive. Clearly they've mastered the art of doing nothing but making money off their creative elements from 35 years ago... There's the real genius.
                            How is that different than playing stocks?
                            Many people invest in their youth and find themselves with commodities to capitalize.

Edward has a home studio, quite an eloquent one I might add, for reasons that have not been clarified he choses to not release his work, daily, monthly, yearly, or otherwise.
                            I would venture to say it is due to contractual issues, rather than a lack of fortitude.
                            Not everyone is comfortable cutting the ties that bind and gifting a society as a benefactor.
                            For some, nay for many, leaving the slave master is a fordable task.
                            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                            sigpic

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
                              How is that different than playing stocks?
                              Many people invest in their youth and find themselves with commodities to capitalize.

Edward has a home studio, quite an eloquent one I might add, for reasons that have not been clarified he choses to not release his work, daily, monthly, yearly, or otherwise.
                              I would venture to say it is due to contractual issues, rather than a lack of fortitude.
                              Not everyone is comfortable cutting the ties that bind and gifting a society as a benefactor.
                              For some, nay for many, leaving the slave master is a fordable task.
                              99% of those investors continue to work and apply their trade over te course of life... especially at this phase of mid-life.

There are no "contractual issues" nor have there been preventing the Van Halens from releasing music. Clearly the WB route has always been an option along with profitable proven distribution avenues via Azoff & Co... not to mention a wide range of independent or self managed options any kid with a computer could create.

The only slave master Ed fears is in his own coke, meth and alcohol riddled brain. So much that could have been created... so many years wasted. The truley sad part is it's all still possible and quite salvagable... all that is lacking is motivation.
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Blaze
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                                SAMMY HAGAR, DAVID LEE ROTH And MICHAEL ANTHONY Ink New Deals With WARNER/CHAPPELL - Nov. 20, 2010

Warner/Chappell recently inked deals with legendary rockers Sammy Hagar, David Lee Roth and Michael Anthony, all of VAN HALEN fame.

As part of the new agreement, Warner/Chappell acquired the entire catalog of songs written by Sammy Hagar — songwriter guitarist, and former lead singer of VAN HALEN (1986 through 1996) — including his work with the bands VAN HALEN, MONTROSE and CHICKENFOOT, as well as his music as a solo artist.

Additionally, Warner/Chappell extended and expanded its worldwide administration agreements with songwriters David Lee Roth, original lead singer for VAN HALEN (1978 through 1984), and Michael Anthony, bassist for VAN HALEN and CHICKENFOOT. Roth's existing catalog, including his VAN HALEN and solo work, as well as Anthony's work with VAN HALEN and CHICKENFOOT's debut self-titled album, are part of the agreements.

"Sammy Hagar, David Lee Roth and Michael Anthony have not only each co-written hit songs recorded by VAN HALEN on some of the highest-selling albums of all time, but each had success on other solo or band recording projects as well," said Scott Francis, President, Warner/Chappell Music, and Chairman and CEO, Warner/Chappell Music U.S. "Their work is classic, timeless and adored around the world. The entire Warner/Chappell staff is excited to be working with such revered musicians who we know will continue to thrill fans for years to come."
                                Originally posted by ZahZoo
                                99% of those investors continue to work and apply their trade over te course of life... especially at this phase of mid-life.

There are no "contractual issues" nor have there been preventing the Van Halens from releasing music. Clearly the WB route has always been an option along with profitable proven distribution avenues via Azoff & Co... not to mention a wide range of independent or self managed options any kid with a computer could create.

The only slave master Ed fears is in his own coke, meth and alcohol riddled brain. So much that could have been created... so many years wasted. The truley sad part is it's all still possible and quite salvagable... all that is lacking is motivation.
                                Well, it is good to see you at least admit some what that the present system of artistry management does not work.
                                It is still the indentured system. What that leaves is a disgruntled or drugged or cheddar artist once the reality sets in.

Notice up there Edward or Alex is not mentioned. Edward and Alex are already locked in for reasons undisclosed.
                                If those gentlemen,Sammy Hagar, David Lee Roth and Michael Anthony, ever wanted to see a pretty penny for their youthful investments they had to sign too. Even I, as pois as I am, would never say throw it away.

Sure now the indentured system got broke ( I love saying that that way) somewhat now for emerging artist. But the FACT is the "industry" is horribly corrupt. And do not try to say it is not. Look at other large corporatist operations, it is an era of corruption. And "the industry" will be some of the last (if ever) to clean up. Nevertheless, if Vegas could manage shape up (albeit somewhat) there is some hope for the money laundering and exploitation corporations we call "the industry"

Take a think of who has unbound or managed to remain the captains of their own ships. ...
                                and think again...
                                You really have to deprogram the very concept of what is success in the fields of artistry.

As Willie said, "Two quarters and a Grammy will get you a cup of coffee." Well, now it is four quarters.

And when you get through thinking about that..... Go read Axl's lawsuit about the tour... If you got access

Cheerios and Corn Flakes,
                                Blaze
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...