Thread: Source: Peja Stojakovic named in talks

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Source: Peja Stojakovic named in talks

The New Orleans Hornets and Toronto Raptors are in serious discussions on a five-player trade that would send Peja Stojakovic and Jerryd Bayless to the Raptors for Jarrett Jack, David Andersen and Marcus Banks, a source told ESPN.com Saturday.

The deal was close to being completed Friday night, but was held up over the amount of cash the Hornets would send to the Raptors in the trade.

Still, the holdup was not believed to be insurmountable, according to a source with direct knowledge of the talks, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Stojakovic is in the final year of his contract, earning $14.25 million, and has fallen out of the rotation in New Orleans, averaging just 7.5 points in less than 15 minutes per game playing behind Marco Belinelli, whom the Hornets acquired in another trade with the Raptors during the summer.

Bayless is averaging 4.5 points and 2.5 assists as the backup point guard behind Chris Paul.

Jack, who is earning $4.6 million and has two more seasons left on his contract, has started all 13 games for the Raptors, averaging 10.8 points and 4.5 assists. But he has played an average of only 26 minutes per night, basically operating in a time-share with Jose Calderon at point guard.

Andersen, a backup center, is averaging 5.1 points and 3.1 rebounds, and Banks (in the final year of his contract, making $4.85 million) has appeared in only three games this season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5828835

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A big helping of who cares really but at one time Peja was a solid scorer in this league. It all revolves around his expiring salary of course but seeing Toronto rarely signs anybody I don't see the point.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think this deal is going through...but it has to go through in two trades because of Bayless maybe? I can't remember...

Yeah...it's an interesting deal in that it's a bunch of guys that don't really mean a whole lot...other than it gives New Orleans a legit back-up to Chris Paul...and perhaps another indicator that the Hornets are trying to keep Paul.

Unfortunately, they are following the Cavs lead...getting tied into contracts...and Paul's going to leave anyways since he's a fucking LeBron puppet...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Thread Information