Thread: Vince Young says he's frustrated, I say he is just an asshole.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2022 @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 1,023 Posts

Vince Young says he's frustrated, I say he is just an asshole.

After reflecting on the messy events during and after Sunday's loss to the Washington Redskins, quarterback Vince Young said his biggest issue with Jeff Fisher is that the Tennessee coach lacked the confidence in him to return to the game when Young thought he could have played with his thumb injury.

"It was very frustrating," Young said in a Sunday night telephone conversation.

Young's comments followed an emotional day in which he was booed, injured his thumb, threw his shoulder pads into the stands, reportedly verbally sparred with Fisher in the locker room -- saying he was walking out on the coach, not the team -- and stormed out of LP Field without talking to the media.

Fisher said afterward Sunday that Young had lost his hold on the Titans' starting quarterback position.

Young said he knows he made mistakes dealing with the situation Sunday and didn't react the way he should have. But he said his frustration of not playing and not having Fisher's faith had built up to the point in which he didn't know how to handle it. He now knows he did not handle matters the right way.

"It was just an awkward situation," Young said. "I just want to play football. I want to win games. I want to go to the Super Bowl. That's it."

Young, who tore the flexor tendon in his right thumb late in the third quarter and was replaced by rookie Rusty Smith, left for the locker room after being hurt but returned to the sideline and had the thumb taped and re-taped in an effort to return. He even tried a glove, but Fisher stuck with Smith.

What made it even more frustrating, Young said, was that the Titans opted to go with quarterback Kerry Collins in Week 10 against the Miami Dolphins when Young felt like he was physically ready to start.

Young also has had to endure a season in which he has had to battle through various ailments, from a sprained ankle he suffered during a Monday night win over Jacksonville to the thumb injury he incurred Sunday that led to an MRI on Monday morning.

Meanwhile, Young denied throwing his jersey in the stands, as was widely reported. He said he was simply giving it to the daughter of longtime Titans executive vice president Don MacLachlan.

"She's been very supportive of me and I wanted to give it to her as a sign of thanks because she knows what I'm going through," Young said.

Young also denied throwing "half his uniform" in the stands, as Fisher said his quarterback did after the game. "I throw my shoes into the stands after every game, my hat into the stands after every game, my wristbands into the stands after every game," Young said. "If it's a problem, I'll pay for my jersey."

When the team gathered in the locker room following the loss, Young began muttering and cursing under his breath as Fisher addressed the team, the Tennessean reported Sunday night.

After Fisher asked Young to be quiet, the paper said, the quarterback finished dressing and prepared to leave the room. Fisher told Young to stop and not to "run out on your teammates," sources told The Tennessean. Young told Fisher, "I'm not running out on my teammates, I'm running out on you," the paper said.

Fisher admitted he and Young spoke in the locker room, but wouldn't discuss what was said.

"That is between me and him and the team," Fisher said.

Young then left the locker room and ignored media members as Titans safety and former University of Texas teammate Michael Griffin chased after him. The Tennessean reported that Griffin was seen confronting Young in the players' parking lot.

Griffin reportedly pleaded with Young, "You can't leave, you can't do this," before Young shrugged and left.

Griffin denied chasing after Young, but multiple media outlets reported witnessing the incident. Griffin did say that he hoped people can set aside their egos and personal feelings so they could stick together as a team.

Young also said that Griffin did not chase him up the tunnel. "But I was upset with the way I was being treated and I just needed to get out of there," he said.

Young said he is frustrated and bewildered at the criticism now being leveled at him.

"It is not just me. It falls back on me, but I don't know how to respond to it when it's not just me. I'm outnumbered right now," he said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5838293
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This guy has expected everything to be handed to him since he hit the NFL. Good for Fisher. I would sign the guy sweeping the parking lot after the games to QB my team before this self righteous asshole ever seen the field again.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Yeah, the team on NBC's Sunday Night pregame show ripped Young a new ass and a half, and included clips from the Fisher post game presser. Not a great moment in Titan's history, no matter how Young tries to spin things.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Young is a talented guy. I am sure he could find a happy home someplace else. Like maybe with the Vikings.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Miami is hiring as well.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Miami is hiring as well.
    Options abound.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

He is just a pussyboi.

An immature boy playing a sport for MEN.

Fucking Titan's get these guys who are young and have great potential, but they have the social skills and maturity of a 3-year-old.

Pacman Jones kept fucking up. Where is he now?

Vince Young is skating on totally thin ice. I am sure another team would like to have him, as he has talent as a QB....he just needs to fucking grow up and stop acting like a spoiled brat!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-07-2015 @ 05:45 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I trolled a couple of Titans message boards and the response is overwhelming... They would rather fire Fisher and keep Young....

Morons...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It doesn't matter now...ESPN just broke the news that Young is done for the season, needing surgery on that damaged thumb.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-19-2019 @ 10:38 AM
    Status
    Thanks

The fact is Vince Young is stupid. Dumber than a box of rocks. He really doesn't know better because he's a man of little intellect. He had one of the lowest scores of any NFL player, EVER, on the wonderlic test. Young would have a hard time grasping the intricacies of any position let alone QB. It's hard to believe that any NFL team would draft someone like this, knowing full well, they would have to deal with his lack of intelligence at some point. If I'm drafting a franchise QB, I want an athlete who can process loads of information and can also be a role model in the community. He has one of those characteristics, he's a damn good athlete and that is all.

SHEEP PEN-JUNKHEAD
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2024 @ 04:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Vince Young is a fucking douchebag.

DLR7884
    He couldn't read a defense if his life depended on it.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-07-2015 @ 05:45 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAKIN WHISKEY View Post
    It's hard to believe that any NFL team would draft someone like this, knowing full well, they would have to deal with his lack of intelligence at some point.
    Story goes here that the Titans drafting Young was a big F-you to the mayor of Houston and the Texans organization. The Titans were all ready to take Matt Leinart because Norm Chow, who was the OC at the time, was familiar with Leinart from his days at USC. The mayor of Houston, who Titans owner Bud Adams has a personal beef with that goes all the way back to the Oiler days, was running around pimping the idea he wanted the hometown boy Young. On draft day, after the Texans took Mario Williams, Adams instructed GM Floyd Reese to take Young instead of Leinart just to piss the mayor of Houston off. That pick is suppose to have cause a rift between owner and coach to this day. Also led to Reese eventually leaving the organization.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-19-2019 @ 10:38 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilvioDante View Post
    Story goes here that the Titans drafting Young was a big F-you to the mayor of Houston and the Texans organization. The Titans were all ready to take Matt Leinart because Norm Chow, who was the OC at the time, was familiar with Leinart from his days at USC. The mayor of Houston, who Titans owner Bud Adams has a personal beef with that goes all the way back to the Oiler days, was running around pimping the idea he wanted the hometown boy Young. On draft day, after the Texans took Mario Williams, Adams instructed GM Floyd Reese to take Young instead of Leinart just to piss the mayor of Houston off. That pick is suppose to have cause a rift between owner and coach to this day. Also led to Reese eventually leaving the organization.
    Wow! I knew Vince Young was Bud Adams guy and I knew that Fisher wasn't exactly thrilled, but I didn't know the rest of the story. As we can see now, Leinhart wouldn't have been the answer either. I guess for the Titans, it's back to the drawing board when it comes to a QB. I heard reports earlier this year when Wade Phillips was bombing in Dallas that Jerry Jones wanted Jeff Fisher in Dallas and even though Fisher was under contract, he had a walk out clause that would allow him to walk away from Tenn and sign with someone else. Jason Garrett is 2-0 as the head coach, so it should be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And this shit gets deeper...

Titans told Vince Young to leave team facility on Monday

The standoff between Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher and QB Vince Young may have taken another ugly turn on Monday.

The Tennessean reported that Young, whom Fisher said would be placed on injured reserve on Monday, was asked to leave the team's facility when he reported earlier in the day.

The paper reported, based on persons close to the situation, that Young left without an incident but was upset at being turned away. QB coach Dowell Loggains told Young, who was in a training room, that he would need to exit the facility, the paper said.

Neither the Titans nor Young have discussed the incident.

A day earlier, Young acknowledged that he had erred in his actions following a loss to the Washington Redskins in which he hurt his thumb. Young threw his shoulder pads into the stands and then had an altercation with Fisher in the locker room after which he stormed out of the stadium.

Fisher said then he would strip Young of his starting role, regardless of the injury, and then added on Monday he would disable Young for the remainder of the season because of the thumb injury.

Titans owner Bud Adams had said Monday that he would compel Young, the third overall pick in 2008, and Fisher, the NFL's longest-tenured head coach, to work out their issues.

In 2006, the Titans blocked late QB Steve McNair from using the team facility in the offseason. McNair, whom the team had said failed a physical, later won a grievance for the right to use the facility.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ty-on-monday/1

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hell yeah Fisher! Behind you 100%

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2018 @ 08:44 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvioDante View Post
    had never heard that....thanks for posting....

Thread Information