Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fucking Chrome....

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Won't let me log in. Tried 4 times with my actual user name and password. The board kept fucking lying to me, calling me "invalid" and shit. Fucking lying piece of shit software, lol.

Tried Firefox and it let me right in.

Gonna have to stick to FF when coming here I guess.

Oh well.
    Firefox works fine but if I try to get on this board on Firefox running OS X, it scrambles the whole screen.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Heh..Netscape is Firefox's Daddy, lol. That is what I began on, as I knew from the word go it was better than the POS IE browser.
    I made some money off of Netscape. I started buying shares the day it went public and then sold them when everyone started talking about getting rich on .coms. I had been using the internet in college back when you had to know exactly where the file and server you were looking for was. Before search. The internet was around for quite a while but never became really useful until search happened and Netscape was the pioneer on that in the public sense. The problem is it's too easy for new competition to come in and steal the fire and that is what happened.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think 1995 to 2005 was the glory days of the internet. It truly was the wild west and free. Now it's going to become cluttered up with advertising and regulated more. It was fun while it lasted. Now we just need to get telepathy going. LOL!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Hmmm...

Elmo has changed. For the better!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Yeah when the dot com boom was going on, I checked my 401k one day. Found the technology fund was returning 45% over just the previous 30 days. Only had 3 grand in, dumped it all into the tech funds, rode that bitch right up until I could feel it was going to implode, and took all my money and put it in something stable like government bonds or some shit. Had $13,000 then, after only a couple of months. Got in in October, got out in December. The day after I got out, the dot com bust began. Smartest thing I ever did. That 401k money lasted me about 8 years. One emergency after another, always involving fucking cars. Long gone now. *sigh*

Some of the guys at the company I worked for who had been there for 15-20 years and had many tens of thousands of dollars in their 401ks dumped all their cash into the tech funds, and rode that bitch up and became instant millionaires. Same time frame, within 2-3 months. There were suddenly a lot of retirements going on at that company (one of the largest aircraft manufacturers on Earth). Many of the guys who got rich suddenly were still only in their 40s.

An interesting note: At that company, I worked with a guy who had an engineering degree, but he hated office work. Also, he made more working on the factory floor ($80,000 a year) from all the overtime he was getting than he would have made as a salaried engineer (only about $35k to start).

He showed me a check book for ONE of his checking accounts one day.....had $150k in it. He no longer needed the money. Just liked working on airplanes. And, since he did not need the job, he would take special delight in pissing off management. Saw him get mid-level managers so pissed off they would be purple with rage, but he was such a valuable employee they did not dare do anything to him. And he would turn and wink at me while they were yelling at him. One of the funniest fucking things I have ever seen in a workplace environment.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 01-30-2011 at 04:28 AM.

Thread Information