Thread: AEROSMITH, VAN HALEN, GUNS N' ROSES Members On ROLLING STONE' Top Feuds Of All Time L

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

AEROSMITH, VAN HALEN, GUNS N' ROSES Members On ROLLING STONE' Top Feuds Of All Time L

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ph...3622/235943/10

01. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards - THE ROLLING STONES
    02. Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel - SIMON & GARFUNKEL
    03. Steven Tyler and Joe Perry - AEROSMITH
    04. Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey - THE WHO
    05. Ray and Dave Davies - THE KINKS
    06. John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison - THE BEATLES
    07. David Gilmour and Roger Waters - PINK FLOYD
    08. Don and Phil Everly - THE EVERLY BROTHERS
    09. Liam and Noel Gallagher - OASIS
    10. Axl Rose and Slash - GUNS N' ROSES
    11. Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth - VAN HALEN
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

I'm trying to think of what they have missed. None of these are top 10. Just feuds I could think of.

Gene Simmons & every Kiss guitarist maybe?
    Vince Neil & Tommy Lee?
    Tommy Lee & Kid Rock?
    Sting & Stewart Copeland?
    Dio & Vivian Campbell?

I don't know if Mick & Keith should be number 1. Dudes are still touring & making music. So even though they may not like each other, they have found a way to continue giving the fans what they desire.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Hows about Marvin Gaye Sr. vs Marvin Gaye Jr.? Sr did after all end up blowing his son's brains out. Another good one would be Chuck Berry or Willie Nelson vs the IRS.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

Sammy Hagar and Music?

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Sammy Hagar and Music?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post

I don't know if Mick & Keith should be number 1. Dudes are still touring & making music. So even though they may not like each other, they have found a way to continue giving the fans what they desire.
    Mick & Keith managed to get it together and move on to some of the biggest tours in history, but in the mid 80's things looked really ugly between the two of them. And they fought it out in the media, including Rolling Stone. And even in their own solo records.....

Of course both Mick and Keith later hinted that they might have just been fucking with the media all along, and truth is the three years between "Dirty Work" and "Steel Wheels" was actually a shorter hiatus than the time between "Steel Wheels" and "Voodoo Lounge" when the band was supposedly getting along. (Except for Bill Wyman who quietly walked out the back door and never looked back somewhere in that time)

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Are the beatles technically a feud?

I recall that Paul and John talked every so often in the 70's and even did some bootleg album with Harry Nilson, and something to the effect that they came really, really, really close to reuniting on snl in the 70's, both actually were watching the broadcast together and laughing when Lorne showed this:

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

While the John vs Paul feud is the one that got all the publicity, it's the Paul vs George feud that actually lasted longer. Even when the Beatles were inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in 1988, Paul refused to show up at the ceremony, and left George & Ringo stuck with Yoko to accept the award. Both of them made some "pointed" statements in the ceremony.....

They somehow managed to make up during the Anthology project in the mid 1990s, and spent some quality time together playing ukuleles when George was fighting cancer. John & Paul had actually managed to bury their personal hatchets by 1974.
    Last edited by FORD; 11-29-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post
    Are the beatles technically a feud?

I recall that Paul and John talked every so often in the 70's and even did some bootleg album with Harry Nilson, and something to the effect that they came really, really, really close to reuniting on snl in the 70's, both actually were watching the broadcast together and laughing when Lorne showed this...
    No, there was some genuine animosity there, most of it coming out of the lawsuits for Apple records. The case essentially pitted Paul against the other three, and the litigation got nasty. According to McCartney's biographer Peter Ames Carlin, a drunken Lennon, Harrison and Starr threw bricks through the front window of Paul's home. McCartney included the image of one beetle fucking another on his first solo album, while Lennon lampooned McCartney on the Imagine album, offering the vicious "How Do You Sleep" (with George Harrison on guitar) that took some not so subtle shots at McCartney. The album even included a picture of John holding a pig, mocking the cover of Paul's Ram album cover.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

I still find amusement in the VH / Roth feud album names. Humor & jabs from both sides. Although one of those cd's is tremendous and the other a good drink coaster.

Eat Em & Smile

OU812

I had a helluva time at Tower Records asking where I could find Zero U Eight Hundred & Twelve.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Mick & Keith managed to get it together and move on to some of the biggest tours in history, but in the mid 80's things looked really ugly between the two of them. And they fought it out in the media, including Rolling Stone. And even in their own solo records.....

Of course both Mick and Keith later hinted that they might have just been fucking with the media all along, and truth is the three years between "Dirty Work" and "Steel Wheels" was actually a shorter hiatus than the time between "Steel Wheels" and "Voodoo Lounge" when the band was supposedly getting along. (Except for Bill Wyman who quietly walked out the back door and never looked back somewhere in that time)
    A more relevant line of inquiry would concern itself not so much with Mick and Keith getting into a tizzy with each other via the press for a few years in the late 1980s, but more along the lines of said feud being worth commenting on, considering the bland output the band produced after the two mended their fences.

People were so worked up over "if the Stones will ever get together again...wah, wah, wah" yet when they did, we got Steel Wheels for our troubles (and it's not like the successive albums were really any better).

Personally, I could give a shit if rock stars get along or not. In fact, when you look at the list, most of those partnerships produced not much of distinction after the members cleaned up and patched things up.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Steel Wheels was kind of hit and miss, but I still say Voodoo Lounge and A Bigger Bang were classic Stones records. Bridges to Babylon? Not my favorite, but probably better than anything else released in 1997.

Great bootlegs available from the Voodoo sessions too.......

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-03-2023 @ 07:22 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    A more relevant line of inquiry would concern itself not so much with Mick and Keith getting into a tizzy with each other via the press for a few years in the late 1980s, but more along the lines of said feud being worth commenting on, considering the bland output the band produced after the two mended their fences.

People were so worked up over "if the Stones will ever get together again...wah, wah, wah" yet when they did, we got Steel Wheels for our troubles (and it's not like the successive albums were really any better).

Personally, I could give a shit if rock stars get along or not. In fact, when you look at the list, most of those partnerships produced not much of distinction after the members cleaned up and patched things up.
    Is anyone else here worried that if a new album comes out that it might not produce "much of distinction"? Other than true fans, did MWM or CGTSNM really impress? Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes, but I don't know if the mojo is still there.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Even the members said the magic is still there when they were yelling about cups and hips. DJ's were playing MWM into the ground where I was during the 1996 "Eddie did it" debacle. I'm pretty sure it's still there, as long as Eddie is aware and hungry enough to prove himself.

Of course, I'm as much an optimist as Dave is, soooo...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    Is anyone else here worried that if a new album comes out that it might not produce "much of distinction"? Other than true fans, did MWM or CGTSNM really impress? Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes, but I don't know if the mojo is still there.
    It'd be good to see Ed and Dave step up to the plate and at least take a swing at it re: new music.

Might be an unbiased thing to say, as I'm not a casual fan, but I thought MWM and CGTSNM demonstrated that there was some juice left in the Roth/Van Halen machine. Granted, that was over a decade ago, and the years since haven't really been to kind to Ed...

I mean, if what is transpiring under the name "Van Halen" these days is gonna become something I can consider a band, that's only gonna happen when new music is created. Otherwise, it's just a business deal. What we saw in 2007-2008 may well be the best those guys are capable of these days, inasmuch as all they have left to offer are retreads. Probably that's what a majority of potential ticket buyers want from them...go out and play the hits. I suppose I can understand that to a degree, and shouldn't even bother faulting the band for doing that if the demand for it is there. It seems futile to hold the band to the standards they set from 1978 to 1984. Those years are gone forever.

Least they could do is throw diehard fans a frickin' bone and get the vaults out there for purchase. Much as I think Gene Simmons is ridiculous, I can't fault him for getting all that classic Kiss footage cleaned up and released. I mean, fuck, Ed authorizes a $30k replica of his CVH Franky guitar, gets together with Roth for a classics tour, yet we continue to wait for the vaults to be made available.

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The clip of Ringo reminded me of the greatest rock'n'roll movie yet made, The Kids Are Alright, by The Who. He's in some scenes with Keith Moon - a couple of minutes into the clip below. Coincidentally, this was filmed at the time when they would hang out together at The Roxy on Sunset Strip, in the mid-70s - yeah, right when VH were playing next door at Gazzari's, 1974-76 almost every weekend.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wsx2mK1RDSQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wsx2mK1RDSQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I've said it on here before, but why don't VH get somebody to stich together all the old footage - the off-stage pranks and TV shit - whatever they've got. That's all the Who movie is, and it's a classic. Don't really care about a whole concert DVD - but something that captures the mood of those days before it all went belly-up.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2018 @ 08:44 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Sammy Hagar and Music?

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2018 @ 08:44 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    metallica >< megadeth

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    I'm trying to think of what they have missed. None of these are top 10. Just feuds I could think of.

Gene Simmons & every Kiss guitarist maybe?
    Vince Neil & Tommy Lee?
    Tommy Lee & Kid Rock?
    Sting & Stewart Copeland?
    Dio & Vivian Campbell?

Totally agree on Sting and Stewart Copeland. That should have made the list.
    I'm still trying to figure out who gives a shit about Oasis.

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-27-2020 @ 07:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Sammy Hagar and Music?
    best response ever!

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-27-2020 @ 07:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fifth element View Post
    metallica >< megadeth
    dave mustaine, lars and james have all buried the hatchet quite publically in the last few years.
    but during the 1980's.......dave mustaine vs. the world!
    now that was some fued!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2022 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

phil lewis vs tracii guns = 2 versions of LA Guns

Thread Information