Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dave couldn't really sing & constantly for got forgot lyrics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave couldn't really sing & constantly for got forgot lyrics...

You often here people say this about Dave.
    Now for the past week various shows from the Stones were on VH-1 Classic. Talk about not singing and saying all the lyrics, you can barely understand Mick but yet he's voted the #1 front-man??

Must Be Really Cold In PA.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Agreed. Honestly, Dave "forgot the lyrics" and "had no voice" in no greater amount than a lot of other singers. Honestly, for me, it's always been about the show anyway, and I never really sat around counting the amount of times the singer missed something so long as the show itself was good - and who in the fuck can argue that classic Van Halen wasn't one of the greatest shows ever known to man?
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Anybody who sez Dave couldn't sing should listen to his vocal track from 'Running With The Devil. Sure he wasn't a soprano, but the fire and grit he possessed was top notch and second to none. The voice is a difficult instrument as you're always at the mercy of your diet and health. I don't think many realize the physical work that it takes. I'm surprised that Dave's shrieking lasted til his 'Little Ain't Enough' tour. That's many years of belting out those screams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJNCazmNnI

Comment

What most of the people doesn't know is that Dave change things live on purpose
          he likes to entertain himself as well by doing it , skipping some parts yes he forgets the lyrics
          its true but he likes to modify, Jagger did the same exact thing , and i do, so i know what they are doing.
          Its fun ,pure fun, im a lead singer and yes i remember when i saw the US Festival some of my friends
          were very dissapointed because Dave couldn't sing and was changing parts here and there.
          And i was saying this is pure genious but they don't understand because they don't have any idea how and why ...
          For example , the screams are not actual screams , its a harmonic and i can do it very very good and have been doing that since '96 or so,i haven't tour near as much as Dave but they are not like i did in '98. Voice changes,your vocal chords
          change,its inevitable,we are all humans.

Comment

Well, being a frontman isn't exactly directly correlated with singing talent. Jagger's one example. Where did Ozzy rank on that list? Fuck, you can't even call that guy a singer. And I'll bet James LaBrie and Klaus Meine weren't on that list, even though, from a technical perspective, those guys were much better singers. Jagger could give Keef a Hot Karl on stage, and as long as he did his little swishy bits and sang the hits, people would walk away still thinking they witnessed the birth of Christ.

Honestly, how many frontmen REALLY combine technical singing prowess with stage presence? Freddie Mercury, for sure, although I've never really listened to much live Queen. Plant was great, but his voice could be kinda spotty. Axl coulda, but was far too inconsistent.

All in all, I'd much rather watch/listen to Roth/Daltrey/Morrison than most of the guys that were known for having pipes. Attitude, grit, and not being tone-deaf. That's what I seek in my singers.
            Last edited by WildTurkey; 12-22-2010, 05:40 PM.

Comment

geoff tate - the hip swishin' stuff mostly
              Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 12-22-2010, 05:33 PM. Reason: weed is good
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Originally posted by Carloscda View Post
                Now for the past week various shows from the Stones were on VH-1 Classic. Talk about not singing and saying all the lyrics, you can barely understand Mick but yet he's voted the #1 front-man??
                There's a reason Jagger got the #1 front man vote.......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Dave couldn't really sing & constantly for got forgot lyrics...

Originally posted by Carloscda View Post
                  I "often" hear complete ass-hats say that type of thing......no one else....case in point

Comment

To clear things up, I'm not saying Dave couldn't sing, just repeating what others have said!

I'll take his singing/showmanship over anyone of the other top 10 front-men!!
                    And anyone that's a true Dave/Van Halen fan knows that was part of the show/ad-lib if you will!

I've always said if you want to hear exactly what on the record don't go to a live show!

Comment

Originally posted by Calderone View Post
                      its a harmonic and i can do it very very good and have been doing that since '96 or so,
                      Too bad the rest of your vocal abilities are, well...ummm...

Comment

Originally posted by FORD View Post
                        Because dweebs like you voted 1000 times each ??

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                          Because dweebs like you voted 1000 times each ??

Nah, I wouldn't do that.

Of course I might vote for Mick 200 times and Dave 200 times, just to counter the little ignorant shits who would vote for Jackoff White or Justin Timberlake, or whatever other talentless shitbag of the past decade who always seems to have artificially high rankings on these lists.

Of course that's not the case here, since I don't even know who the Hell this was who published the list this thread is allegedly referring to.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by FORD View Post

The reason for Jagger is time line. He's been shouting lyrics and struttin like a chicken for 40 years. It's bound to worthy of a #1, if not for endurance alone...

But in all reality, he simply can't compare to this man is his prime...
                            Last edited by Diamondjimi; 12-22-2010, 09:33 PM.
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Dupe post...
                              Last edited by Diamondjimi; 12-22-2010, 09:32 PM.
                              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X