Thread: Another Sammy quote

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    05-08-2019 @ 02:34 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Another Sammy quote

Was looking through some shit about the 1996 debacle. Here's an exact Sammy quote after he left/was booted out:

"I won't tour on a greatest hits record, that's like basically saying, we're over. Wasted. Biggest waste of time in the world. Strictly money."

Hah! True enough now, hey, Spudnuts?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

yes, and only last year he said he would only return to Van Halen if Dave and Sam was involved.

and of course, he always claims Van Hagar outsold Van Halen too..

Face it, he's full of shit...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

And let's not forget what the Ched Rocker said to Eddie in 1996....

If those tracks you're doing with Roth are better than what you and I are doing, I'll blow both of you!

I guess Spammy really is gay after all.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    05-26-2015 @ 05:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Or the famous "I've done 5000 gigs since I left VH". Tool.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by FORD
    And let's not forget what the Ched Rocker said to Eddie in 1996....

If those tracks you're doing with Roth are better than what you and I are doing, I'll blow both of you!

I guess Spammy really is gay after all.
    He still owes them a blow job. Actually I'm sure Eddie has taken him up on that by now.

Ernie123

Thumbs down Revisionist Historian

Sam Hagar is a revisionist historian. In fact, Alex Van Halen is too. Sam Hagar will tour behind a Greatest Hits CD because his lifestyle depends on it. HE NEEDS THE MONEY. Alex NEEDS THE MONEY. ED NEEDS THE MONEY.

I love the line in the USA Today article about Sam saying he called Alex to convey a dream he had and that the call was "strictly personal". What a joke. Sam Hagar has been jonesing to get back in since the day his two faced ass was kicked to the curb.

This is all revisionist history Gang. And, as with most revisionists, they're disingenious to the people i.e. FANS that remember the back-biting childish bs. Remember the Sam Dickhead comments about NEVER doing anything for money? About how he would never give credence to Classic VH?? And now he is saying; "let's open with jump!"???!!!! I'll go ahead and call a bitch a bitch. Sam is a bitch.

In summary, Sam is a bitch. Why Alex VH has any voice in the press at all is amazing to me. He's better heard via a drum kit than opening his mouth and proving how big of an idiot he really is. Also, who CARES about Valerie Bertinelli??? SHe is a fifth rate television actress who's career was extended by marrying Ed Van Halen. Why she has EVER been in the press talking about VH is mystifying. Finally, the wedge that Alex Idiot and Selfish Sam talk about is not necessarily Ray Danniels. Think Valerie moron and Alex's recent divorce too.

guwapo_rocker
    I Love Valerie!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    03-15-2009 @ 02:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Ernie123
    HE NEEDS THE MONEY. Alex NEEDS THE MONEY. ED NEEDS THE MONEY.
    You can't be serious. That's almost as bad as saying Paul McCartney tours because he needs the money.

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    11-15-2023 @ 08:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Sam Hagar is a revisionist historian. In fact, Alex Van Halen is too. Sam Hagar will tour behind a Greatest Hits CD because his lifestyle depends on it. HE NEEDS THE MONEY. Alex NEEDS THE MONEY. ED NEEDS THE MONEY.

I love the line in the USA Today article about Sam saying he called Alex to convey a dream he had and that the call was "strictly personal". What a joke. Sam Hagar has been jonesing to get back in since the day his two faced ass was kicked to the curb.

This is all revisionist history Gang. And, as with most revisionists, they're disingenious to the people i.e. FANS that remember the back-biting childish bs. Remember the Sam Dickhead comments about NEVER doing anything for money? About how he would never give credence to Classic VH?? And now he is saying; "let's open with jump!"???!!!! I'll go ahead and call a bitch a bitch. Sam is a bitch.

In summary, Sam is a bitch. Why Alex VH has any voice in the press at all is amazing to me. He's better heard via a drum kit than opening his mouth and proving how big of an idiot he really is. Also, who CARES about Valerie Bertinelli??? SHe is a fifth rate television actress who's career was extended by marrying Ed Van Halen. Why she has EVER been in the press talking about VH is mystifying. Finally, the wedge that Alex Idiot and Selfish Sam talk about is not necessarily Ray Danniels. Think Valerie moron and Alex's recent divorce too.

Great post!
    Welcome to the Army!

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    11-15-2023 @ 08:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by dysfunction
    You can't be serious. That's almost as bad as saying Paul McCartney tours because he needs the money.
    Those guys live in California, and have been divorced.
    Of course they need the money to support the lifestyle thy are used to living..

Ernie123
    GuWapo..There is A LOT to love where she is concerned....

Dysfunctional, I'm very serious. Point one: How many divorces has Paul McCartney had? NONE. Point Two: How many have Ed and Alex Idiot had between them? THREE! California is a community property state. Valerie has been around since, what? 81'?? That means she entitled to HALF of all of the assets Ed Pencil Dick has acquired since then. That's over 20 years worth. Don't think for a second both don't need the money.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

GuWapo..There is A LOT to love where she is concerned....

Dysfunctional, I'm very serious. Point one: How many divorces has Paul McCartney had? NONE. Point Two: How many have Ed and Alex Idiot had between them? THREE! California is a community property state. Valerie has been around since, what? 81'?? That means she entitled to HALF of all of the assets Ed Pencil Dick has acquired since then. That's over 20 years worth. Don't think for a second both don't need the money.
    Once again THEY DON'T NEED THE MONEY.

Ernie123
    Yes they do. They need the money to continue owning Lambhorginis and buying Pro Tools updates for the studio. They need the money to maintain the large homes they live in.

Now, if they want to start driving Chevy's and mowing their own very BIG lawns and not maintain the pool then yes they cna sit back. It's about maintaining lifestyle. Traveling, Cars, Updated STudio equipment and so forth are VERY expensive endeavors. Then tack on losing half your cash in a divorce. YOu have to scale back. Don't be stupid. Hence, this hastily put together tour and 3 songs that aren't even close to being a mediocre effort from them. They NEED MONEY.

REPEAT: THEY NEED THE MONEY!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yes they do. They need the money to continue owning Lambhorginis and buying Pro Tools updates for the studio. They need the money to maintain the large homes they live in.

Now, if they want to start driving Chevy's and mowing their own very BIG lawns and not maintain the pool then yes they cna sit back. It's about maintaining lifestyle. Traveling, Cars, Updated STudio equipment and so forth are VERY expensive endeavors. Then tack on losing half your cash in a divorce. YOu have to scale back. Don't be stupid. Hence, this hastily put together tour and 3 songs that aren't even close to being a mediocre effort from them. They NEED MONEY.

REPEAT: THEY NEED THE MONEY!
    So selling at least over 65 million records worldwide and doing countless tours provided them with no money. I know this is going to be tough to understand, but I bet all members have financial advisors. This means that when these guys invested there money in the 80's and 90's and the fuckin stock market shot way the fuck up, they made more money on their fuckin average return over the past 15 years than the originally started with. Translation lets say YOU invested $10 today and 20 years from now it was worth $200. Do you see the jump, now what in the fuck do you think would happen if we were talking about millions instead of $10.

THEY STILL DON'T NEED THE MONEY.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wow nice to know you have such inside info about Van Hagar's monetary status.............let me ask you then.........does Spammy buy white or wheat bread?

Ernie123
    NEEDS.... Their extravagences don't get LESS expensive. They get more.

You market analysis is somehwat correct. However, even if they haven't seen a significant decline in their portforlio, as most have over the past 4 years, they still needed to CASH those funds to hand HALF to their respective EX spouses. Tack on Attorney Fees, declining royalties due to band INACTIVITY for 7 years, all the while keeping spending at peak levels.

They NEED the money this tour will generate to maintain their lifestyles. Plain and simple.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
    Wow nice to know you have such inside info about Van Hagar's monetary status
    And you do?

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Once again THEY DON'T NEED THE MONEY.
    Way to back up those posts with facts there Justin.

Bet you're missed at the N'Sync Links

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So selling at least over 65 million records worldwide and doing countless tours provided them with no money. I know this is going to be tough to understand, but I bet all members have financial advisors. This means that when these guys invested there money in the 80's and 90's and the fuckin stock market shot way the fuck up, they made more money on their fuckin average return over the past 15 years than the originally started with. Translation lets say YOU invested $10 today and 20 years from now it was worth $200. Do you see the jump, now what in the fuck do you think would happen if we were talking about millions instead of $10.

How do you know what they invested in? How do you know anything?

No one said "NO MONEY". If you had money, you would understand it better.

Like Patrick Ewing said during the NBA labor negotiations, "We need the money because we spend the money".

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wow nice to know you have such inside info about Van Hagar's monetary status.............let me ask you then.........does Spammy buy white or wheat bread?
    Wonder bread. It goes best with his Spam and Velveeta sandwiches (and music)

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You market analysis is somehwat correct. However, even if they haven't seen a significant decline in their portforlio, as most have over the past 4 years, they still needed to CASH those funds to hand HALF to their respective EX spouses. Tack on Attorney Fees, declining royalties due to band INACTIVITY for 7 years, all the while keeping spending at peak levels.
    Somewhat my ass. They haven't seen a decline in their portfolio the last 4 years. The market hit the fuckin bottom in October 2002 when the DOW was at around 7000. Now it is over 10,000 so a near 50% gain in the overall market is not a bearish market. Yeah they may have taken a hit for the two years before that.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And you do?
    No, and I never claimed to. You make LSD actually look intelligent.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No, and I never claimed to. You make LSD actually look intelligent.
    Hey now Bill ... well, ok, maybe ... a tough call though.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

All this from a guy who believes what Gene $immon$ says. Yes that Gene Simmons who EVERYONE knows is the biggest LIAR in rock.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by ALinChainz
    How do you know what they invested in?
    I don't but if you knew anything about the stock market, you would know that any amount of money invested in the 1980's or early 1990's would have made anyone a shitload of money.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hey now Bill ... well, ok, maybe ... a tough call though.

Well maybe not intelligent.........how about one step above a caveman?! This guy should get together with Katydid.........nah I don't wish that hell on ANYONE!

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't but if you knew anything about the stock market, you would know that any amount of money invested in the 1980's or early 1990's would have made anyone a shitload of money.
    Very good dude, DUH.

What I'm saying is unless you've seen their portfolio, you really don't know.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

All this from a guy who believes what Gene $immon$ says. Yes that Gene Simmons who EVERYONE knows is the biggest LIAR in rock.
    You know you have outsmarted someone when they have to look at your old posts to try pull something out of their ass. By the way Eddie is the biggest liar in rock.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Shit, then maybe RATT is worth tens of millions!

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well maybe not intelligent.........how about one step above a caveman?! This guy should get together with Katydid.........nah I don't wish that hell on ANYONE!
    ICK.

LOL ... she would welcome it, any male with a pulse.

Subject him to post after post of hers, that would send most of the Sammy fans out of here screaming.

You may have hit on something!

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Looked back at your old posts? Um it's at the bottom of THIS screen you moron. As Flappo would say "YOU'RE OWNED" Shit I've kicked your ass all over on what now, 3 threads? Please start some shit with me on another!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

But their own godawful shitty lyrics say otherwise, sheep......

Some say money is bad for the soul
    Bad for the rock, bad for the roll
    Bad for the heart , bad for the brain
    Bad for the damn near everything oh yeah
    It must be good for something
    Come on pay the rent
    Telephone, telefax, telefunkin' teletrash
    Tell a cop, tell a friend
    Think we've hit the stonet end
    Nothing left, nothing right
    Now they want a bigger bite
    Everybody wants some
    Everybody wants big money oh yeah
    They want big fat money
    That's what I want
    Big fat money
    Too much temptation
    Enough to kill a generation
    Space station, starvation. Premature ejaculation
    This ain't groovin', this ain't funky
    It's on my back
    But it ai't my monkey no
    Oh yeah, gimme some of that big big money
    That's what I want
    Big fat money
    Big big money
    Smoke this, eat that
    My ol' lady's gettin' fat
    High rise, high rent
    Before it's earned, it's all been spent
    Where's it gonna come from?
    Who's it gonna to go?
    Ain't beatin' but I'm being eatin' by money, oh yeah
    Big big money, gimme, gimme, gimme
    Some of that big money, alright
    That's what I want
    Well alright, oh big big money
    Now, gimme, gimme, gimme
    Some of that big money
    That's what I want
    That's wht I need
    Gimme big fat money
    Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme
    Gimme some of the big fat money

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That's some classic ched rock right there!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Very good dude, DUH.

What I'm saying is unless you've seen their portfolio, you really don't know.
    Look what I am saying is that it would be dumb to think that they didn't stick back some money. I mean you know they had to think at one point "Oh shit what if Sammy isn't around to write all this great music, we need to set some money aside." That was a joke so don't get pissed off. I am sure they thought the same thing when Dave was in the band.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,402 Times in 6,057 Posts

A nice little summary of Sammy and EVH Bullshit...

http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/littlewhitelies.html

1)""If Gary's in, he's in for life. And if anything ever happens...that would be the end of Van Halen. I'll take up Tuba." - EVH '98.

2) "Before I'd rejoin VH, they'd have to go do something with Roth first" -Sammy Hagar, 2002

3) "We won't just do a greatest hits tour, that'd be ripping off our fans"- EVH 1996

4) "I think a tour with Roth AND Hagar would be the best thing Van Halen could do for their fans" -Sammy Hagar 2002

5)"Dave would never be able to pull off this stuff live--there's no way he could sing "Magic" live. The low part, yeah, but the chorus--forget it, no way, and that still has nothing to do with why we're not doing it. It would be ripping off our fans. He has the audacity to say that we don't care about our fans. I do care about our fans, and that's why I will not do it. Some things are just better left to memory. I'm sorry, but the thrill is gone." EVH '96

6)"A band has a greatest hits album when they have nowhere else to go," (Hagar) said. "Can you name one band in their heyday that's done a greatest hits record?"

7)"He (Jimmy Page) plays like he's got a broken hand and he's two years old. If you put out a good album and play like a two year old, what's the purpose?" - Edward Van Halen

8)"I'm not a drunk 23-year-old who's easy to manipulate. I can read through everyone's BS now and I'm clean"-EVH '96

9)"I mean, the only reason I'm doing this is because people on the Internet and everyone else are saying, "Wait a minute, Dave and Sam are both saying the same thing, how can they both be lying?" Well, I'm saying, "They fucking are!"-EVH '97

10)"Sam was totally against the Greatest Hits, period. He didn't want a Roth CD and Sammy CD. He was afraid Roth's would outsell his, so we made it one CD, half and half. Then he wanted more songs with him singing, and said, "I want more of my songs." Hey! He sang on the songs, but the band wrote them -- they're not your songs. Sammy's the second wife who wanted to pretend like wife number one never existed, which I think was one major mistake on his part because he always refused to do any old Van Halen songs except a couple. It's like the second wife wanting no memory or saying, "Don't mention her name, I don't want to hear about her!" But that's denying six great records and a history. It just all added up to the guy was in his own little world, and he just wasn't a team player, so he quit"-EVH '97

Ernie123
    I do know something about the stock market. The market is still bearish to large degree at this point. The late 80's/early 90's markets were good and not nearly as artifiical as the late 90's. Much of the late 90's growth i.e. Internet, Telecom and Energy was smoke and mirrors. The large number of federal indictments by the SEC on various executives is proof of that.

However, the fact still remains that Ed's divorce and Alex's TWO divorces are going to impact their financial picture quite negatively. Particularly when they aren't doing anything. They havne't done anything in 7 years. Each has a divorce betweeen the two of them in that time frame. Why do you think Scotty Ross was let go? Why do you think Ed said in interviews with his Iowa DJ Buddies that he is "basically doing everything around here now...engineering and so forth" ??? It's called cutting back. Can you imagine what Ed's Child Support is??? Alimony?? Not to mentioni the cash settlement??

Now, does that mean Ed's wondering where his next meal is coming from?? NO. But, he likes to work at his own pace which is very obvious. He also has a very expensive lifestyle with financing a Studio, expensive cars and homes. I don't believe his "investment income" will support that lifestyle long. He will exceed interest and dip into principle. Hell, he ALREADY has with regards to his cash settlement with Valerie. And make no mistake about it, she did not let him off easy.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I do know something about the stock market. The market is still bearish to large degree at this point. The late 80's/early 90's markets were good and not nearly as artifiical as the late 90's. Much of the late 90's growth i.e. Internet, Telecom and Energy was smoke and mirrors. The large number of federal indictments by the SEC on various executives is proof of that.
    First I SERIOUSLY didn't mean to insult you about the stock market. I agree that the late 90's was artificial, but that doesn't deny the fact that those internet and telecom stocks still did go through the roof.
    Anyways how in the fuck did we get off talking about the stock market on a DLR forum.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Some of these quotes make me want to just puke.

Both Ed and Sam.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Anyways how in the fuck did we get off talking about the stock market on a DLR forum.
    Same way we get on a Sammy tangent, someone brings it up.

And I think it was you if we read back.

Ernie123
    I didn't take as an insult.

And you're right, how did we get off on that tangent.

My whole premise is summed by the post of Ed and Sam's comments. A bunch spoiled brats. This is revisionist history going on right now. It makes me sick. "Things" either ARE or they ARE NOT!

I think it's a sad commentary on our quick-fix society.

Thread Information