Thread: Is Hell Freezing Over? 700 Club's Pat Robertson Comes Out In Favor Of Pot Decrim...

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Is Hell Freezing Over? 700 Club's Pat Robertson Comes Out In Favor Of Pot Decrim...

Man.....this is beyond strange.

Satan? Have you noticed a decrease in temperature down there? I mean, Hell freezing over is the only rational explanation for this:

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/P...id/380933?s=al

Pat Robertson Endorses Decriminalization of Pot

Thursday, 23 Dec 2010 03:20 PM

Christian-conservative leader Pat Robertson is the newest supporter of the decriminalization of marijuana in America and is endorsing faith-based rehabilitation houses over mandatory sentences for minor drug offenses. Robertson, a one-time Republican presidential candidate, said on his 700 Club television show earlier this week that he’s not exactly for the use of drugs, but believes criminalizing marijuana ruins young lives.

“Young people go into prisons; they go in as youths and come out as hardened criminals,” Robertson said. “That’s not a good thing. We’re locking up people that have taken a couple puffs of marijuana and next thing you know they’ve got 10 years with mandatory sentences.”

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OFRw22xw3g4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OFRw22xw3g4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Robertson joins a growing list of conservatives to endorse the decriminalization of marijuana, including California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who decriminalized the drug in his state on October 1 based on economic realities and prison overcrowding. Last June, Sarah Palin also suggested prioritizing law enforcement efforts when it comes to decriminalizing marijuana and other non-violent drug crimes.

“If somebody’s going to smoke a joint in their house and not do anybody else any harm, then perhaps there are other things that our cops should be looking at to engage in and try to clean up some of the other problems that we have in society that are appropriate for law enforcement to do and not concentrate on such a, relatively speaking, minimal problem that we have in the country,” Palin said on Fox News.

Robertson referred to decriminalizing marijuana as getting “smart" on crime and said locking up offenders is not the answer.

"I just believe that criminalizing marijuana, criminalizing the possession of a few ounces of pot, that kind of thing it's just costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people," Robertson said.

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition executive director Neill Franklin said marijuana prohibition laws which send people to prison are immoral. "As a Christian, and as a former law enforcer who is now working to undo the damage these laws have done to our families and our communities, I'm glad to see Pat Robertson joining the chorus of faith leaders calling for reform," Franklin told Raw Story.
    I disagree with this man on so many levels, but for once, he is actually speaking out in a rational, sensible manner instead of going off on one of his reactionary, knee-jerk 'Christian' rantings.

Kudos to him for having some sense, and not being afraid to speak out about it.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 12-23-2010 at 11:55 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

Didn't watch the clip but Confucius say 'Even a sick twisted retarded cunt must be correct twice a day'
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, I just thought of something. Sesh, is Hell over there in the UK? It's fucking frozen over there. Maybe that has something to do with it.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Coldest month in history here apparently.

Sorry if I'm sounding negative about the cunt coming out with this and I totally get where you are coming from.

Short of shouting 'I am a pointless fucking cunt' and then shooting himself in the face with a pistol, I can't think of another useful thing the guy can do.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Believe me, I agree with you 10-bazillion percent!

The thing is, it is the cuntservative asshole religious zealots that have screamed the loudest against pot legalization, so if he (being one of them) suddenly had some sense knocked into him, perhaps he can lead a lot of other fucking religious zealot asshole motherfuckers to 'see the light'.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know how many generations of hypocritical cunt politicians it's going to take.

For at least the last 15-20 years Bush/Blair onwards we've had leaders who have smoked dope.

Our latest one by all accounts used to be into coke too.

Is the idea here that if our kids get caught by the cops doing exactly what the people who make the laws did then their lives are to be ruined???

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    If anything, you'd think politicians would want the general public MORE stoned than they already are.

To have a wide range of pharmaceuticals and alcohol available that can knock you on your ass far worse than pot, it seems silly to not legalize marijuana. Cocaine, heroin, fuck it. Make it ALL legal. Making it legal doesn't mean an individual HAS to use it.

Pat Robertson is, however, still a world-class asshole no matter what his views on this particular subject are.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

What kind of bizarro world are we now living in, where the founder of the "Christian Coalition", a right wing extremist, is to the left of a "Democratic" president on the issue of cannabis decriminalization??

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    What kind of bizarro world are we now living in, where the founder of the "Christian Coalition", a right wing extremist, is to the left of a "Democratic" president on the issue of cannabis decriminalization??
    it is the end of times

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I think Pat Robertson saw the light by way of ganja. Watch that video and tell me whether or not he was high.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    12-10-2014 @ 10:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

A guy who did inhale but is happy for kids to go to jail if they do?

What is the fear here, that dope fucks up your brain so much you may end up wanting to be a politician?

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It WOULD be hilarious if it got out in the press that he had been a stoner for most of his life. It would explain a lot of the irrational bullshit he has been spouting over the years.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if he knows people who use pot medicinally...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    Maybe it will be the economy that will finally make hemp legal. With cities, counties, and states going broke, they will have to use what little resourced they have to go after murders, rapists, and thieves. It's pretty dumb to take up officer resources and fill the jail up with pop heads when money is tight.

I've seen it already. I remember with New York City was broke and was a young lad running around there in 1981. You could buy and do anything as a minor and nobody cared. Why? The city was broke.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I think Pat snuck off to Jamaica to fuck some chocolate ass and heard this playing in the whore house and had a change of mind.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8HcXcYlF3_0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8HcXcYlF3_0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Smoke all the dope and kill all the babies you want. I just want my taxes low and the government off my ass.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Pat Robertson: Snow Is God’s Way of Punishing Americans Who Were Planning to Drive to Do Something Gay
    Treacherous Roads Part of Almighty’s Strategy, Says Televangelist

VIRGINIA BEACH (The Borowitz Report) – Rev. Pat Robertson sparked controversy in today’s broadcast of his 700 Club program when he claimed that God created the blizzard currently battering the Northeast “to punish Americans who were planning to drive to do something gay.”

Explaining his theory, Rev. Robertson said, “Because of the bad road conditions the Almighty has made, any gay activities that people were planning on doing will have to be postponed by a day or two.”

Additionally, he argued, God shut down major airports in the New York area “so that people who were hoping to fly to do something of a gay nature would have to take a train or a bus, so it might be days before the gay thing they were going to do could occur.”

As for the millions of straight people in New York City who were also grounded by the bad weather, the televangelist said, “I think God probably wonders, if these people are really straight, then what are they doing in New York?”

In other blizzard-related news, the National Weather Service offered this update: “It’s as white as a Glenn Beck rally out there.”

http://www.borowitzreport.com/

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

LOL. I love the Borowitz Report.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    12-10-2014 @ 10:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    OMG, that is so out there. I would need to see a transcript for verification.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    LOL. I love the Borowitz Report.
    Me too. That guy is hilarious. I like how the message there is God doesn't want to STOP "gay" activities, just to "delay them a few days"...

Like some benevolent deity is sitting in the clouds going "What to do today? Think I'll create some bad weather to dial back the gay on Earth for a bit...."

And as for Robertson's new position on decriminalization, how much you wanna bet somebody just got diagnosed with glaucoma?
    Last edited by jhale667; 12-29-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Whew! Pat Robertson: No Nuclear Holocaust in '11

Christian Broadcaster Says God Tells Him the U.S. is Bankrupt but There Won't Be a Global Nuclear Holocaust

(AP) VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson says God told him that the U.S. is bankrupt and heading into economic turmoil, but there won't be a global nuclear holocaust.

On Monday's broadcast of CBN News' "The 700 Club," Robertson said he's "not a psychic," but he asks God for direction at the beginning of each year, and sometimes God gives it to him.

Robertson said God told him that America's lenders will demand repayment - not this year, but in 2012 - and the U.S. won't be able to pay, resulting in currency collapse, rampant unemployment and riots.

But he quoted God as saying "I will protect my people," and "I am not going to let men destroy the world with nuclear bombs."

Some of Robertson's past forecasts have failed to pan out. Four years ago, he said God warned him that in 2007 there would be major terrorist attacks on cities that could kill millions of people.

<embed src="http://downloads.cbn.com/cbnplayer/cbnPlayer.swf?s=/vod/PatNewYear_010311_WS" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="425" height="348"></embed>

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Since Jerry Falwell is gone, Pat feels he is now the Spokeshuman Of Gawd.

So he thinks it gives him license to utter any sort of miscellaneous drivel his mind can dream up. Or whatever pops into his head due to his senility.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's becoming impossible to distinguish between the parodies and the original.

A bit like Sarah Palin.

Thread Information