Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What If The Bible Is Really True? Parts 1 & 2

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not meaning to Necro post, however, I thought some might want to pass this on to other places.
    Elvis seems to be real busy in LA ...

I didn't sign it because I think that creationism should be taught in schools. Not necessarily the creationism from the Bible, but the possibility of higher being that "introduced us" should be part of the theoretics. When addressing creationism all theories are as valid as others at this point, and many do fit within the scientific structure as is known today.

Now as for the not teaching climate change that is ... well Elvis has a lot of free time on his hands now that he is not educating us here. Besides, I want climate change so I can see my favored mountain ridge in the Pensacola Mountains.
    I can now see the valid reason of why certain posters should not be banned.

================================================== ========

Dear,

There's no such thing as evolution. There's no such thing as climate change. And that's the law.

Outrageous as it sounds, this is the situation that thousands of science teachers find themselves in as more and more states pass radical laws promoting the teaching of creationism and climate-change denial in public classrooms.

But in Louisiana, one high school senior is fighting back.

Zack Kopplin is just 17 years old, but he knows what's right: He wants his science teachers to teach him science, not religion. Zack is spearheading a campaign to repeal the Louisiana law that pushes science teachers to deny evolution and climate change.

Zack wrote a letter to the Louisiana state legislature, and 42 Nobel Prize winners have signed it, too. Now, he's asking you to join his fight on Change.org.

Zack's campaign is working: On April 15th, Louisiana State Senator Karen Carter Peterson introduced a bill to repeal the repeal the recent legislation, but Zack still needs help to keep the pressure up.

Please sign the petition today to tell the Louisiana legislature to let science teachers teach science:

http://www.change.org/petitions/tell...-change-denial

Thanks for taking action,

- Patrick and the Change.org team
    Last edited by Blaze; 05-10-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Creationism has NO PLACE IN A SCIENCE CLASS. End of discussion.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It just baffles me, it really does.

There may very well be Truth in the Bible, but that Truth is not literal - most people who consider themselves Christian would surely admit that (at least in my experience.)

Teaching evolution and other scientific theory does not have to be an assault on faith - I have no idea why fundamentalists believe it to be so.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not to throw so many too far but:

How old are you and why?
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post

How old are you and why?
    That does not even make sense.
    "Not to throw" what "too far"?

What you are trying to say is that a man and a woman "created" another.
    No, they did not... well maybe in essence, but what occurs with a self-replicating species is 2 "compounds" of like substance take a part of each and combines that for the replication.

That is not the same as starting with base elements injected into an environmental compound that alters the environmental toward a certain known or predicted goal for whatever reasons.

In my opinion, we have not even established exactly what are life forms. It is arrogant to think what we consider life to be the only kind or what we consider intelligence to be the only kind.

Quite honestly we could simply be a part of the food chain of predator black holes. We as humans simply cannot see time in a "godly" fashion at this point.

If or if not certain one's, for whatever reason, retain a knowledge or a spirit essence after the removal of the kinetic force , is not reliant to, if or if not, a being Superior to us by chance or purpose inject us into this environment. Not to mention to what extent was the environment manufactured and what are those building blocks. Moreover, even if we are given this knowledge, we may not be able to place such to use. In addition we may never have the ability to conduct time in a fashion where such things could be put to use instead of merely existential.
    Last edited by Blaze; 05-10-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

How old are you and why?
    Anyone over the age of 4 that thinks creationism is "science" and therefore should be taught in SCIENCE CLASS probably still has a single digit IQ - like you. Hope that fact doesn't "throw you too far".

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If the bible is true the immoral majority are completely fucked and meek will inherit the earth after everyone else kills each other off or are consumed in the big ass fire Jesus cleanses the earth with. Maybe this is the global warming everyone is worried about.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    It just baffles me, it really does.

There may very well be Truth in the Bible, but that Truth is not literal - most people who consider themselves Christian would surely admit that (at least in my experience.)

Teaching evolution and other scientific theory does not have to be an assault on faith - I have no idea why fundamentalists believe it to be so.
    They both are theories. Look at how much science changes over the years. We know less about this world than we know and only a fool would say they know it all. There is a lot of corruption in science as well. Scientists can be bought off like anyone else to further someone's agenda.

I think the safe place to be is to look at everything and not just pigeon hole yourself in one spot because the church, family, school, employer, or society said it's the way it is. More people need to think for themselves. I mean open up a science journal from 60 years ago and have a good laugh. Some of it will still be right on the money and a good share of it will be what in the hell were they thinking?

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    The historical parts of the Bible ARE true. A lot of the people mentioned did exist. Not saying all of them, as there are a lot of parables (fables used to illustrate a point) in it.

Though the Four Gospels of the New Testament are the creation of anonymous authors, and at least 2 of them are simply derivatives of one of them.

There is much that should not be taken literally. The LOR-DUH! did not create the Universe, the Earth, Humans and all living things in 7 days and 7 nights. Anyone who truly believes that is a fucking retard.

Jebus did not magically come back to life after he died (whether on the cross or later). He is now a pile of bones somewhere in the Middle East.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Blaze,
    All your points are valid.

How old are you and how it measured? What's the universal baseline? Is it accurate?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    One problem with anything that is written is it can be interpreted wrong. What does 7 days and 7 nights really mean? That's a measurement of time and time is relative to where you are. So is that seven days in God's time or seven days in earthly time and what rate was the earth rotating then? A day could be really fucking long compared to now. See you can come up with an explanation for anything or interpret how you want. The bible is the basic ingredients and people have cooked up all sorts of stuff from those basic ingredients. The bottom line really is what does if mean to you and what do you get from it? See this is where I hate everyone having to conform to one thing or another. I hate that shit. It always ends up empowering a few people at the top. I say believe what you want and don't push it on others. What turns the world to shit is people trying to force everyone into their way of reality instead of letting people just have their own experiences.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hardrock you are correct. My question is was Jesus born 33 years prior to his death?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You have these people that know everything there is to know about what would fill a thimble and are totally clueless on everything else. Then you have more generally informed people. We seem to fall into the trap just because someone is an expert in one small area well they are smart enough to know more about everything. The reality is everyone has their little piece of the universe and is probably right on some things. Then you have the control freaks who tend to migrate to finance, religion and politics (which if you look at all three they actually tend to be the same thing. People control technology) because of their mindset and they just can't stand people being empowered and thinking for themselves so they set up matrixes to contain the population in.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hardrock you are correct. My question is was Jesus born 33 years prior to his death?
    Not if he lived past 33 AD. And there is just as much evidence that he survived the crucifixion or had a stand-in as there is evidence that he actually died that day.

And as for the creationism thang, the Pope recently stated that there is NO conflict between Religion and Science, as Science is the study of the physical Universe, which was created by God.

But then I have gone on and on and on about this rubbish. I shutteth mine piehole about it now.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Anyone over the age of 4 that thinks creationism is "science" and therefore should be taught in SCIENCE CLASS probably still has a single digit IQ - like you. Hope that fact doesn't "throw you too far".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post

There is much that should not be taken literally. The LOR-DUH! did not create the Universe, the Earth, Humans and all living things in 7 days and 7 nights. Anyone who truly believes that is a fucking retard.

Jebus did not magically come back to life after he died (whether on the cross or later). He is now a pile of bones somewhere in the Middle East.

IMO, "God" is merely a concept, neither proven nor dispelled.....
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not if he lived past 33 AD. And there is just as much evidence that he survived the crucifixion or had a stand-in as there is evidence that he actually died that day.

And as for the creationism thang, the Pope recently stated that there is NO conflict between Religion and Science, as Science is the study of the physical Universe, which was created by God.

But then I have gone on and on and on about this rubbish. I shutteth mine piehole about it now.
    Science at it's best is nothing more than observation. It tends to be the most accurate in things that are easy to measure and repeat with constant results. Once you add in variables it becomes less accurate. Conventional science starts to fall apart when you get into geophysics because then you get into the space-time, time-space, and relativity aspect of the model. So what is true for a certain time or space may not be true for a different time and space. Like a photon. It's either a particle or a wave depending on the situation it's in. So when you start talking creationism and universes, you are in a whole different realm than just trying to make a physical observation here on planet earth.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It always cracks me up when people say we need to save the planet when we actually know very little about the planet and can't even take care of ourselves yet. Then when they say we need to tax you more and regulate you more to save the planet and the people behind the science grants are energy companies, you go oh shit. This is like a new religion but instead of the great wrathful god getting angry unless I pay the priest some money we will all die if we don't pay our carbon taxes. I'm amazed at how many people who make fun of religion fall for the same shit when it's cloaked in the name of science. It's all about scaring people into giving you something. It's been practiced by con men for thousands of years. The biggest con men on the planet are energy executives and bankers. I don't think we are as sophisticated as we think we are.

I mean all this shit is driven by fear. The left and the right are both equally stupid. The right fear a manmade God and the left fear some cooked up save the planet shit. Con artists yank the chains of both but one side always thinks they are more enlightened than the other. It's just entertaining as hell to watch the ants argue as their whole society circles the drain. If anything, the universe is harsh on the stupid.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-10-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I really just wanted to stay on the time baseline. There are some important dates prior to 0(zero) like during the Babylonian invasion of Jerusalem in 586 BC The Ark of the Covenant disappeared from the Jewish Temple.

How's does someone or anyone determine 586 BC?

Hows does any comparative narrative of the original question miss the point when this what we see daily:

http://www.5newsonline.com/news/kfsm...,2494650.story

Babies Starved and Beaten, Cling To Life In Little Rock Hospital

FORT SMITH, Ark. - Fort Smith investigators say a dozen dogs inside a north side home were well fed, but a baby they rescued was little more than skin and bones. Another infant showed signs of abuse.

We want to warn you that some of the photos with this story are very graphic and not appropriate for children.

Officers at the Fort Smith Police Department have seen many things, but this is one of the worst cases. Most of them have young children themselves, and this case challenged them to set their personal feelings aside and do their jobs as professionals.

“These children can't fend for themselves,” Captain Jarrard Copeland told 5NEWS.

Officers discovered two babies they say were severely neglected. One of them was grossly malnourished.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So that shuts up creationist catholics...does nothing for the inbred masses of baptist and other more fundaMENTAList sects that don't even believe catholics are "christians"...They'll still want that BS pawned off as fact.

And to Nyquil who stated evolution is also a theory...that may be true, but at least THAT theory has MOUNTAINS of evidence to support it, not a bunch of guys named Cletus goin' "Nuh-uh, the BIIIIIIIIAHBLE says so!"

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I hate to say it and I'm not a fan of it but some children would be better off if they were aborted.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I hate to say it and I'm not a fan of it but some children would be better off if they were aborted.
    Truth hurts.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I just want to know if God can help Van Halen finish the new freaking record!!!!! I mean come on, if He made the whole universe in 6 days surely he can tell them to pick up the pace!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So that shuts up creationist catholics...does nothing for the inbred masses of baptist and other more fundaMENTAList sects that don't even believe catholics are "christians"...They'll still want that BS pawned off as fact.

And to Nyquil who stated evolution is also a theory...that may be true, but at least THAT theory has MOUNTAINS of evidence to support it, not a bunch of guys named Cletus goin' "Nuh-uh, the BIIIIIIIIAHBLE says so!"
    Yeah but you are stereotyping a group of people. This is not a new problem. When they were putting the US together the founding fathers couldn't agree on various issues so they decided to have the states have most the legal authority and just make the federal government in charge of foreign policy, interstate commerce, and national security.

What I'm getting at is we can't solve all these social differences on the national level because different groups in the country differ on so many things. So live in the area of the country you are most comfortable with. If you don't like baptists, don't live in the bible belt and if you don't like gays and liberals stay out of San Fransisco. Trying to make everyone equal to one standard just isn't going to work so we need to put the social issues back where they belong in the local governments and keep the federal government out of it.

This is a diverse country so live where you are the most comfortable.

Move where you want to live. I just don't get why people live in places they don't like to live for years. Sometimes you get stuck short-term for a job or school but long-term you have control to live where you want to live and you will be much more happier. It's easier to move than change they dynamic of the status quo of an area. If the majority of people think a certain way, you are stuck in that paradigm.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-10-2011 at 02:53 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I just want to know if God can help Van Halen finish the new freaking record!!!!! I mean come on, if He made the whole universe in 6 days surely he can tell them to pick up the pace!
    Sadly God only helps those who help themselves. Do you really think Eddie and Alex can help themselves? I think God just said fuck it! I'm tired of babysitting you fucks. You are here to learn and all you do is sit around 5150 smoking cigarettes and being angry at the world.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah but you are stereotyping a group of people.

No, I merely stated the fact that there are those that do not consider the Pope the absolute authority as far as all things Christian (or even a Christian in the 1st place), so there will automatically be a bunch of other sects that will dismiss that statement outright. That's not stereotyping - again, that's a statement of FACT.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ark Of The Covenant disappearred in the 8th century BC actually.

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Trust Me, We're trying!

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don't be ridiculous, My son.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No, I merely stated the fact that there are those that do not consider the Pope the absolute authority as far as all things Christian (or even a Christian in the 1st place), so there will automatically be a bunch of other sects that will dismiss that statement outright. That's not stereotyping - again, that's a statement of FACT.
    I didn't mean the recognition of the pope. I meant the stereotype that baptists in general are halfwitted, chicken screwing, cousin marrying, third grade educated, guys named Cletus. I had a boss at Hewlett-Packard that hated anyone from the south period. He was a San Fransisco Bay liberal. He would start going off on the whole stereotype shit and it just got old. If anything he was as bad as the people he was criticizing. And yes those southern accents sound half witted but there were some very good engineers and programmers out of the bible belt and yes some of them were active baptists. They probably would catch shit from the wife, and the family if they became anything else. Most people stay in the religion they were born into because they don't want to catch shit from the family or it's just easier to go with the flow. I really don't think most people think about their religion too deeply to be honest. It's more of a family/social matrix than actual belief.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-10-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey, I have one of those half-witted southern accents!

I live in the south and was brought up in a Southern Baptist church. Most of the sterotypes are pretty close to the mark - Southern Baptists despise cursing, drinking (smoking's ok though), gambling, dancing and as recently as 25 years ago still frowned on pretty much all secular music. And man am I grateful for that - otherwise we wouldn't have drive-thru beer stores all over the place where you can grab your beer without running into your Sunday School teacher!

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They both are theories. Look at how much science changes over the years. We know less about this world than we know and only a fool would say they know it all. There is a lot of corruption in science as well. Scientists can be bought off like anyone else to further someone's agenda.

I think the safe place to be is to look at everything and not just pigeon hole yourself in one spot because the church, family, school, employer, or society said it's the way it is. More people need to think for themselves. I mean open up a science journal from 60 years ago and have a good laugh. Some of it will still be right on the money and a good share of it will be what in the hell were they thinking?
    They are both theories, true. However, one theory is based on empirical evidence and written by men and institutions who are prepared to modify their theories as evidence emerges.

The other is 2000 years old and based on the wisdom of agents.

It's like medicine: 100 years from now cancer care may have moved on dramatically from where we are now. But as it stands, if I was diagnosed with cancer I would follow the advice of a doctor rather than a faith healer: both have 'theories' about my cancer could be cured, but I know who my money would be on.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey, I have one of those half-witted southern accents!

I live in the south and was brought up in a Southern Baptist church. Most of the sterotypes are pretty close to the mark - Southern Baptists despise cursing, drinking (smoking's ok though), gambling, dancing and as recently as 25 years ago still frowned on pretty much all secular music. And man am I grateful for that - otherwise we wouldn't have drive-thru beer stores all over the place where you can grab your beer without running into your Sunday School teacher!
    thank god for kevin bacon...

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Science at it's best is nothing more than observation. It tends to be the most accurate in things that are easy to measure and repeat with constant results. Once you add in variables it becomes less accurate. Conventional science starts to fall apart when you get into geophysics because then you get into the space-time, time-space, and relativity aspect of the model. So what is true for a certain time or space may not be true for a different time and space. Like a photon. It's either a particle or a wave depending on the situation it's in. So when you start talking creationism and universes, you are in a whole different realm than just trying to make a physical observation here on planet earth.
    You are completely ignorant of science. Just fucking clueless. Most people that know fuck all about something either don't talk about it or better go read up on it. You try and give lectures on stuff you know almost zero about. Will you please stop and go read a fucking book or something.

How about you start with something about geophysics which according to you science can't explain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geophysics

Jesus...

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    he left

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    One problem with anything that is written is it can be interpreted wrong. What does 7 days and 7 nights really mean? That's a measurement of time and time is relative to where you are.
    One of the problems with the 'each day in Genesis' is an age is that even if that were true what he does in each 'day/age' is still fucking senseless.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    You are completely ignorant of science. Just fucking clueless. Most people that know fuck all about something either don't talk about it or better go read up on it. You try and give lectures on stuff you know almost zero about. Will you please stop and go read a fucking book or something.

How about you start with something about geophysics which according to you science can't explain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geophysics

Jesus...
    Exactly what area of science are we talking about? Life is too short to read up on all of it. You talk about science in such general terms. May I ask what your scientific background is? I took physics and organic chemistry in college and got good grades in both. My degree is in international finance with a minor in statistics. From that I leaned you can lie real good with numbers and make people think it's real which of course governments and other organizations do all the time including in things like scientific studies you seem to put so much faith in. Much like the financial institutions people used to trust. So much for those AM Best AAA ratings on companies that failed and had to be bailed out.

I would say in this day and age be very wary of trusting any data. There seems to be a trend of tainting it to enrich whoever is providing the grant money.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    They are both theories, true. However, one theory is based on empirical evidence and written by men and institutions who are prepared to modify their theories as evidence emerges.

The other is 2000 years old and based on the wisdom of agents.

It's like medicine: 100 years from now cancer care may have moved on dramatically from where we are now. But as it stands, if I was diagnosed with cancer I would follow the advice of a doctor rather than a faith healer: both have 'theories' about my cancer could be cured, but I know who my money would be on.
    Looking at what the industry charges for medicine and care it's all about money more than helping anyone. So you are back to making an informed decision yourself on who to trust basically. It's amazing all the different opinions you get from various doctors. At the end of the day you have to choose someone's advice.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But here's some reading for you Sesh.

http://www.amazon.com/Science-God-Co.../dp/076790303X

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Exactly what area of science are we talking about? Life is too short to read up on all of it. You talk about science in such general terms. May I ask what your scientific background is? I took physics and organic chemistry in college and got good grades in both. My degree is in international finance with a minor in statistics. From that I leaned you can lie real good with numbers and make people think it's real which of course governments and other organizations do all the time including in things like scientific studies you seem to put so much faith in. Much like the financial institutions people used to trust. So much for those AM Best AAA ratings on companies that failed and had to be bailed out.

I would say in this day and age be very wary of trusting any data. There seems to be a trend of tainting it to enrich whoever is providing the grant money.
    You write about 4000 words a day on finance here mainly the same thing again and again but fine knock yourself out.

It's bullshit however for you to confuse the manipulation of data with the scientific method and evidence based thought. Your hypothesis seems to be everyone is lying so I'll just make up whatever I want and that is equally true. Well it isn't.

The reason I'm complaining today in particular is you say geophysics is beyond science. I think maybe you were mixing geophysics with string theory or something or maybe not?

When you go onto science it becomes a mixture of the odd random half truth like light is a wave and a particle and then crazy illogical suppositions.

Same goes for your earlier non argument about how no one knew anything 60 years ago so they know nothing now. That is just BS on every level. Back up your crazy thoughts with some sort of logic or examples or something.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But here's some reading for you Sesh.

http://www.amazon.com/Science-God-Co.../dp/076790303X
    Wow.

What a fucking idiot.

I'm amazed at the ridiculous mental gymnastics these people attempt.

Thread Information