Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TFM_Dale
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2009

It's official. Rich Rodriguez is (mercifully) out as Michigan coach. Assuming that Jim Harbaugh really won't consider the job -- "I think the Michigan thing is done now," Harbaugh's brother, John, said on Tuesday night. "I think that's over" -- and that Les Miles is not gettable, all eyes turn to San Diego State coach (and former Michigan DL coach) Brady Hoke. We remind you of this piece from a month ago in which San Diego State president Stephen Weber said that Hoke told him that Michigan was his dream job.

---

As of Wednesday morning, Rich Rodriguez is still Michigan's coach, but he's not expected to make it through the day with that title. Multiple outlets have reported that athletic director Dave Brandon has made the decision to fire Rodriguez, but that he is going through the exit interview process with the coach because RichRod was promised an evaluation.

We also wonder if Brandon is scrambling in light of the news that Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh is now unlikely to head back east, a notion seconded by his brother, Baltimore Ravens coach John, on John's radio show on Tuesday night. Given the dragged-out process, we continue to believe that Brandon thought he had an understanding with Jim Harbaugh, and now that Harbaugh has reversed course, Brandon wants someone else in place before he officially axes Rodriguez.

The only two names out there continue to be former Michigan assistants Brady Hoke (San Diego State) and Les Miles (LSU). Hoke remains the most likely candidate simply because Miles, who is also a former Wolverines player, already has a good job in the best conference in the country and is one of the highest-paid coaches in the land.

LSU AD Joe Alleva said that he has not been contacted for permission the speak with Miles (which, again, is a courtesy, not a requirement), and that he would be "very surprised" if Miles did not let Alleva know that Michigan had reached out to him.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I think there's no doubt it will be Miles.

Listen...it has to be a big get...or Michigan is going to continue to look like fucking morons.

I'd pound down the door of that homo at TCU...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Little Texan
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Time for them to bring back Lloyd Carr. Hey, he couldn't do any worse than Rich Rodriguez has done in his three years.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

The TCU guy would be a good move Poji.

I don't think it will be Miles. That guy has a plethora of recruitable talent at his disposal down there at LSU, and he's still not setting the College football world on fire. He should at the very least, be competing for a National Championship year in and year out.

I think the WolverQueens should just dig up Blo, and prop his sorry ass up on the sidelines.

Comment

Working...