Thread: Titans News - Fisher or Young?

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Titans News - Fisher or Young?

Who should go? Fisher the coach or Young the babied, overrated asshole that hasn't proven anything other then he folds under any kind of pressure? Fisher has come under fire recently but as the longest tenured coach in the NFL he must have done something right. If Bud Adams decides to fire Fisher and keep Young what does this say to the next coach? Use this over-hyped, overrated joke of a player or you are gone also? I'll have no problem with Fisher getting canned if Young goes to but if he just axes the coach and keeps that asshole QB he is so fond of he doesn't deserve to own an NFL team.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-fisher

Titans owner Bud Adams still has his coach in Jeff Fisher, and a quarterback in Vince Young(notes). Fisher says talks are ongoing in what he calls a complicated process.

Fisher did his weekly radio show Tuesday night as scheduled from a restaurant at a Nashville suburb. His job status has been in question since the Titans lost eight of their final nine games for a 6-10 record, but the NFL’s uncertain labor situation could keep him around.

If Fisher stays, Young isn’t expected to remain after a blowup with the coach in front of the team after a game Nov. 21.

“We didn’t anticipate coming to any decisions or conclusions or solutions, if you will, today,” Fisher said at the start of his show. “Talks have been ongoing. As I said yesterday, it’s a process. It’s a complicated process, and there’s a lot of moving parts. We’re all trusting that collectively we’ll arrive at the best decision.”

Fisher is under contract for 2011 at an estimated $6.5 million. Young is due a $4.25 million roster bonus on the 10th day of the new league year, whenever that starts. His salary for 2011 is $8.5 million.

The coach declined to comment on Young’s status when asked repeatedly Monday, though he did say the franchise needed to address the quarterback position this offseason. Fisher said he will share his opinions on whether he wants Young back as a quarterback once a decision is made.

General manager Mike Reinfeldt and senior executive vice president Steve Underwood flew to Houston and met with Adams on Monday. The owner released a statement that he is considering a variety of details, including the NFL’s labor situation and Fisher’s history with him, before making a decision.

Fisher is the NFL’s longest-tenured coach, having just finished his 16th full season and 273rd game with this franchise. But Adams wanted Young drafted No. 3 overall back in 2006 and once said, “VY is my guy.”

The coach said Adams does not like losing and is very competitive.

“He understands the nature of this decision. As we’re moving forward and how complicated it is and how uncertain things are with the labor situation,” Fisher said.

While talks continue with the top executives, Fisher met with his assistants and started player evaluations Tuesday. He said some players still are being evaluated for possible surgeries.

Fisher also addressed the hit on long snapper Ken Amato by Colts linebacker Gary Brackett at the end of the first half of the Titans’ 23-20 loss to Indianapolis on Sunday. Fisher wouldn’t share what he told NFL officials, but said the NFL has a great example to make a point with punishment of a hit he called “100 percent unnecessary.”

“It was probably one of the most vicious hits that I’ve ever seen, and then to come in (Monday) morning and have the equipment guys bring his helmet to me and the helmet was cracked. You can imagine the impact,” Fisher said.

Brackett was called for an illegal blindside block on Amato as Brackett ran toward the Colts’ goal line and hit the long snapper from the side in springing Antoine Bethea(notes) for a return off a missed field goal. Brackett has been fined twice this season for illegal hits, and a third could include a suspension.

Indianapolis coach Jim Caldwell said Monday the Colts would appeal if Brackett were suspended, with the Jets visiting Saturday night for a wild-card game.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I will take fisher as browns hc in a heartbeat, if he is fired
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Moot point, as ESPN just announced that the Titans will trade or release QB Vince Young.

Young is done: Statements from Titans

ESPN

Hot off the press from the Titans:

STATEMENT FROM K.S. “BUD” ADAMS, JR.

“As you are aware, we have been engaged in a series of internal discussions over the last month about the future of our football team. We have two critical decisions to make – the direction of the coaching staff and the future at the quarterback position. They are separate issues to me and will be dealt with separately.

“Today, I informed our general manager Mike Reinfeldt to move forward with plans to begin the process of identifying the next quarterback for our franchise. He will inform Vince Young's agent that Vince will not be on our roster next season. I want to offer my personal thanks to Vince for all of his positive contributions to the club. These kinds of decisions are never easy and this is especially true for this particular player. I certainly wish that things would have worked out better, but I think it is best for the franchise that we move on at this point.

“I also informed Jeff (Fisher) today that I was continuing the evaluation of the coaching staff and I am hoping to make a decision soon.”

STATEMENT FROM TITANS GENERAL MANAGER MIKE REINFELDT

“I talked with Vince's agent Tom Condon today and informed him that Vince will not figure into the club's plans for next season. Under league rules, Vince's contract cannot be terminated until February 7 when waivers begin for the new season. Similarly, he cannot be traded to another club until trading begins on the first day of the league year. Until then, Vince is welcome to rehab his injury either here at our facility or elsewhere.

“I let Mr. Adams know that we will explore all of the options that are available to us to solidify the quarterback position for the upcoming season.”

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Good riddance.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    About fucking time Bud, about fucking time.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fuck Fisher! How the fuck can you lose as many games as him over the last 2 years, and still have a fucking job?

Send both them CUNTS packing!

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Fuck Fisher! How the fuck can you lose as many games as him over the last 2 years, and still have a fucking job?

Send both them CUNTS packing!
    Ask the Bungholes...they lost 12 games this season and just gave their coach a new contract.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Could this be the place where mcnabb lands in 2011? hes gonna be traded too.

EUAS

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BTW is Moss's contract expired or does he have 1 year left?
    great roster w/o Vince.

Thread Information