Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Brady Hoke named Michigan football coach

A release from the University of Michigan:

University of Michigan Athletic Director Dave Brandon announced today (Tuesday, Jan. 11) the hiring of Brady Hoke as the 19th coach in the 131-year history of Michigan football. Hoke arrives in Ann Arbor after spending the past eight seasons as a head coach at Ball State (2003-08) and San Diego State (2009-10).

“We are pleased to announce the hiring of Brady,” said Brandon. “He is a terrific coach and will be a great ambassador and leader for our football program. We look forward to having him build a championship program on the field and in the classroom.”

Hoke spent eight seasons in Ann Arbor before embarking on his head coaching career. He mentored the Wolverines defensive line all eight seasons, a group that helped Michigan rank annually among the nation’s best in rushing and total defense. Hoke coached three linemen to All-America honors during his tenure – William Carr (1996), Glen Steele (1997) and Rob Renes (1999) – and had five players earn first-team All-Big Ten accolades.

A member of Michigan’s national championship staff in 1997, Hoke helped the defense lead the nation in rushing defense at 89 yards per game and 2.7 yards per carry. Michigan’s team posted a 5-3 record against Michigan State, Ohio State and in bowl games during Hoke’s tenure on the staff.

Hoke was named the 2010 Mountain West Conference Coach of the Year after guiding the Aztecs to a 9-4 overall record and 5-3 conference mark. He led SDSU to its first bowl game in 12 years, a 35-14 victory over Navy in the Poinsettia Bowl. Six of his players earned first-team All-MWC honors in 2010, including running back Ronnie Hamilton, the league’s freshman of the year. In his first season at San Diego State, Hoke had five players named to All-MWC teams, while 11 players were MWC All-Academic selections.

Hoke took the leadership position at his alma mater, Ball State, in 2003 and built it into a championship program before departing after six seasons for the West Coast. He mentored players to 35 All-MAC selections in six years en route to a pair of bowl game appearances in 2007 and ’08. The 2008 season marked the best season in program history, tallying a school-record 12 wins and completing an undefeated Mid-American Conference regular season campaign. His team won the west division championship in 2008 and shared the division crown in 2007.

Hoke has 28 years of collegiate experience, with assistant coaching stints at Grand Valley State (1983), Western Michigan (1984-86), Toledo (1987-88), Oregon State (1989-94) and Michigan (1995-2002).

A 1982 graduate of Ball State University, Hoke earned four letters (1977-80) with the Cardinals. He was part of the only two teams in school history to post undefeated conference seasons: as a player in 1978, and as head coach in 2008. Hoke led BSU to the 1978 MAC championship, and as a team captain in 1980 earned All-MAC second team honors.

A native of Dayton, Ohio, Hoke graduated from Fairmont East High School in 1977. Hoke and his wife, the former Laura Homberger, have one daughter, Kelly.

Michigan Athletic Director Dave Brandon will hold a press conference to introduce Coach Hoke on Wednesday (Jan. 12) at 1 p.m. EST. The media opportunity will be held at the Junge Family Champions Center located between the Michigan Stadium and Crisler Arena tunnels. The press conference is not open to the public. Both Brandon and Hoke will be unavailable for media interviews until tomorrow’s press conference.

The Domino's Pizza plane that Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon took Monday night from Baton Rouge, La., to Willow Run Airport took off again at 1:09 this afternoon.
    The plane is bound for John Wayne Airport in Orange County, Calif., according to a flight plan available online.

The plane is expected to land at 5:57 p.m. Detroit time.

It is not known whether Brandon is aboard the plane. With its destination being southern California, it fuels two bits of speculation:

• Brandon is headed to meet with Brady Hoke, the former U-M assistant coach who now leads San Diego State.

• The plane has been sent to bring Hoke to Ann Arbor.

The San Diego Union-Tribune is reporting that http://www.signon.mobi/sdut/db_13418/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=AtsaFSdm&detailindex =1&pn=0&ps=3" target="top">Hoke is in discussions to become Michigan's coach.

Hoke, a 52-year-old who coached the defensive line at U-M for eight seasons (1995-2002), has built two programs since leaving Ann Arbor -- first Ball State, which he took to a 12-1 record in 2008, then San Diego State, which he took to a 9-4 record this season in just his second year.

Hoke made it clear to the San Diego State administration his love for Michigan and that he likely would leave if offered U-M's job.

Brandon is a former CEO of Domino's and is still on its board. He has used the plane at least part of the time for his search to find Rich Rodriguez's replacement. He fired Rodriguez on Wednesday.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...te=fullarticle

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What do you think of this Dale?
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well................................... I of course would have preferred Harbaugh but I can't blame him for wanting to try the pros. I like Hoke over Miles just because we went through this maybe process with Miles before and frankly he can keep his ass in LSU so Hoke would be my #2 choice after ruling out Gruden as an option (I would have likely wet myself over Gruden, always been a fan of him) because I never really thought he would coach in college anyway. The reasons I like the hire is he is a defensive minded coach with ties to our National Title team, after watching this joke of a defense under R-Rod I was really wanting a defensive minded coach. I also like that it is truly his dream job, I have no doubt he will put 110% into it and I never got that feeling from Rod. Will that be enough to bring Michigan back to the top of college football? Hard to say but I'm interested to see how he uses the talent he has next season, if he can salvage the defense then we have a shot at being respectable again next season.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    Well................................... I of course would have preferred Harbaugh but I can't blame him for wanting to try the pros. I like Hoke over Miles just because we went through this maybe process with Miles before and frankly he can keep his ass in LSU so Hoke would be my #2 choice after ruling out Gruden as an option (I would have likely wet myself over Gruden, always been a fan of him) because I never really thought he would coach in college anyway. The reasons I like the hire is he is a defensive minded coach with ties to our National Title team, after watching this joke of a defense under R-Rod I was really wanting a defensive minded coach. I also like that it is truly his dream job, I have no doubt he will put 110% into it and I never got that feeling from Rod. Will that be enough to bring Michigan back to the top of college football? Hard to say but I'm interested to see how he uses the talent he has next season, if he can salvage the defense then we have a shot at being respectable again next season.
    I don't know...we'll see.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Kick ass post, Dale
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ironic that his first statements directly to fans will likely be at the Ohio State vs. Michigan game...

The same as Tressel's way back in the day.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Will Denard stay? Will Hoke use the spread?

He shouldn't, and he shouldn't...

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Kick ass post, Dale
    Thanks man, Go Blue!

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    ironic that his first statements directly to fans will likely be at the Ohio State vs. Michigan game...

The same as Tressel's way back in the day.
    IMO that's the way it should be. I can't stand Tressel but I know my ears perked up when he made his first statement and it was regarding the next Michigan/OSU game. Time to get the rivalry back where it belongs, the best in sports and Michigan beating some Buckeye ass!

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Will Denard stay? Will Hoke use the spread?

He shouldn't, and he shouldn't...
    I think Denard stays but wouldn't be shocked if he leaves. I just want us to go back to running the ball behind NFL caliber O-linemen and setting up the passing game to make some big plays. Fuck the spread, it has its positives but Michigan needs to blow people off the ball and wear them down, not finesse them. I just hope Hoke can avoid getting to vanilla with the offense like Carr did, teams have to be able to stretch the field in today's college game and Carr forgot that in the end.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, honestly, the first thing he needs to do is lock the ficking borders, and stop Michigan from getting their ass kicked wit regards to recruiting in their own state...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Listen to WolverQueen fan spin doctoring this JOKE, or is it cHOKE, of a hire!

Why go after a GREAT coach, when you can get Brady Hoke!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

It's a good thing Michigan has never had very high expectations! Most Universities go out and get them a football coach that can bring them National Championships. Not Michigan! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

"Hey, we're Michigan, we only care about winning a Big 10 championship every so often".

Hey, at least all he has to do be annointed a GOD like Blo Shitbechler, is get Michigan back to MEDIOCRITY, and maybe a stellar 5-12 Bowl record, just like Blo!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nice hire Hoke!
    University of Michigan football coach Brady Hoke hired
    one of the NFL’s top defensive coordinators to run the Wolverines defense, naming Greg Mattison to the same position that he previously held in Ann Arbor during the 1995 and 1996 seasons. Mattison served as the defensive line coach for the Wolverines from 2002-06.

Thread Information