Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

like I said. If I miss and hit someone in the leg I want to make sure they still get close to death.

Comment

• Jagermeister
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I'll do a little diddty on this load tomorrow maybe. And talk about the now no longer available (mostly)Black Talon ammo.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Hollow points go in the size of a quarter...and come out the size of a dinner plate. Serious stopping power. In the movies you think any bullet is gonna stop someone dead in their tracks. But it's far from that. Especially if people are using small guage. Although, I would really like to buy this if I ever have the extra money.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Have any of you ever had to use your guns in a real situation?
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Jagermeister
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by binnie
            Nope. Not me.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by binnie
              Once

I didn't "use" it, just pulled it. It was not glamorous like the action movies. I didn't feel tough afterward. In fact it took me about an hour at least just to stop trembling and the nausea to go away. It is not a good feeling.

It was dusk and I was at the corner gas station. I was slowly pulling out situating my drink & smokes and I hear screaming from outside. Off in the distance at far end of a mostly empty parking lot between gas station and fast food place was a young guy & 2 young girls (high school age girls. Guy looked college). I look over and they are really screaming at each other.

Then WHAM! Dude knocks the fuck out of 1 girl and she drops like a sack of potatoes. At this point I floor the gas and head that direction. Weird cause I usually flee from conflict. But my body just did it. He turns to the other girl and starts stepping towards her. I hit the brakes and yell at him hey asshole or something. He looks and starts to step towards my car....until he sees my gun aiming at him. He stops dead.

I say something along the lines of get the fuck out of here, you don't fucking hit women, I hate women too but you don't hit them, etc... He leaves.

The girl is now helping her knocked down friend up & both looking at me scared shitless. I put the gun away and STAYED IN THE CAR. I didn't want to freak them out anymore. I told them I would sit here until they walked inside the fast food place to make sure he didn't come back. The one girls says something like "It's ok, that was my ex-boyfriend". Ugh...typical right?

I said he shouldn't be hitting you. And I watched them walk into food place. Then I high tailed it quick in case someone called cops.

All this happened in maybe 2 minutes tops. Felt like eternity. I still get sick a little when I think about it. What if I shot him? What if he charged at me? Could I have pulled the trigger? What if I miss & he gets the gun from me? Now he takes me out & both girls. A million things play out in my head and scare me about the incident.

I'm not a very big dude. Always been on the thin side and not real muscular. Basically I'm not a scrapper. Only been in 2 fist fights my whole life & 1 of those I lost. So I doubt I could have stopped this guy on my own. When you are built like me, you really gain expertise in avoidance and getting out of bad situations.

Point is I got extremely lucky in the 1 time I did "use" my gun in a bad situation. EXTREMELY LUCKY. It wasn't fun and I don't ever want to do that again.

Anyways, that's the gist of it. A little fuzzy because adrenaline is pumping so fast & it comes out like a fuzzy dream when I try to think about it. Guy smacking on girls, I got him to leave. No one got seriously hurt.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Now I just take these in the car with me. Best protection ever. (except for the stinky flatulence & drool...not the kids) Although, they were supposed to be "protecting" my truck whil I ran into the grocery store. I came out & while a mom was loading her groceries, her toddler behind her was reaching up & feeding them french fries. So not sure how violent they could be if you had food on you.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I wouldn't say what you did was wrong but to me it's unnecessary to have a firearm in that situation. You could just have called the cops and shouted to the asshole that you had. No need to start waving guns around, someone could have got killed in a situation that wasn't life threatening prior to the guns being involved.

The UK is a pretty violent place but our murder rate is much much lower than the US and a lot of the reason is that when there is a conflict usually there isn't a killing device to hand so people survive.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    I wouldn't say what you did was wrong but to me it's unnecessary to have a firearm in that situation. You could just have called the cops and shouted to the asshole that you had. No need to start waving guns around, someone could have got killed in a situation that wasn't life threatening prior to the guns being involved.

I totally agree. I don't ever carry it with me since then. It was scary even though it turned out ok and still bothers me when I think about it. Although calling the cops with the reply time around here wouldn't have done much. But he did knock the fuck out of the one girl. I'm not kidding when I say she dropped cold & didn't move after that. Scared the shit out of me.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I've just seen too many situations with domestic fights where they both end up turning on the good Samaritan. I just wouldn't risk my life getting in the middle of something that probably goes on every other day in any case. I appreciate you couldn't know what the relationships were but cops are trained to deal with situations like that and that's what they're paid for.

If he was kicking her in the head while she was down I guess I would have to get involved but I would really rather not.

I appreciate your honesty in this thread.

It does kind of point to the argument that all this self defence thing with the guns is a bit of a myth though and the figures seem to back it up. The cases where someone defends them self successfully from the bad guy are a lot less common than those where little Jimmy finds a gun and accidentally shoots himself or someone else. Maybe it acts as a bit of a general deterrent to burglary and I can see that playing with them on ranges and so on would be fun but that's about it on the positive side.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sadaist
                        I say something along the lines of get the fuck out of here, you don't fucking hit women, I hate women too but you don't hit them, etc... He leaves.

awesome
                        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

As a general rule i don't put myself in situations where I would need a gun. That being said I pitty the fool that thinks he is going to make my family a victim of a home invasion which are a real problem around here.
                          A. They won't get in the door without the dogs going ape shit B. They won't get more than one step in the door before being shot.

The one thing I hear on the radio here to often after an unsuccessful home invasion is" The suspect is in critical condition in a local hospital" Fuck that. That sum bitch could care less if you live or die don't give him the option. If you are going to shoot in self defense make sure you kill the mother fucker. I know that sounds harsh but I mean it. I can live with it as long as I know my family was in danger. No problem for me. That guy or guys ain't going to the hospital.

Around here if you call 911. The first thing they will ask you is if you have a gun. I'll call 911 tell them I have a gun and then use it to the best of my ability. My eyes are not as good as they use to be but I can still shoot pretty damn good becasue I have done it all my life.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think the home invasion is a bit of a myth.

I would estimate the chances of an average family suffering one is over a million to one.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

I would estimate the chances of an average family suffering one is over a million to one.
                              i wouldn't:tongue0011:
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Fuck that's bullshit. I hear about one on the news damn near everyday dude.

Comment

Working...