Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

No, dude REALLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Wait just a second.... You ain't getting off that easy, you sumbitch....

You can't leave us hanging like that, it's a rule here, you know....
    If only, dude. And I didn't leave you hanging, but I've found myself in a position where certain rules here get superseded. Sorry. But just go ahead and smile while waiting for it.

What's next Jay, "no news is good news" ??
    YES, okay?!?!?!?

I just got back from Day IV (was only supposed to be there two, but meet some really cool people (who lurk here...lol) and was having such a great time, since the invitation was extended I was dumb if I didn't hang out. I was actually considering hanging there today until my Blackberry's battery started dying (didn't know I was staying over last night, didn't take a change of clothes or my charger) took that as a sign to stick a fork in it.

Oh, and THIS was classic...FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    For jhale who most likely sleeps with his guitars ...
    This from the guy that falls asleep alone every night cradling the TV remote with the Klan channel on. STFU.

Keep telling yourself that, bro. VA and a few of my "really real Internet" friends can vouch that's not my only option. Unlike you.

You're just beginning to wish you'd been less of a prick here, dude. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    HAHA! totally dude. That made me giggle a little. Ed liked it. Although if it was me, he woulda hated my hack intro to Aint Talkin Bout Love. 25 years & I still barely have that phucker down. Not even really.

(I can still play it better than Slash did at that God-awful R&R Hall Of Fame version)
    Slash is an FU client, and occasionally hits me back on Twitter, so not going there - nice guy, though. Dude, every time I went in the Fender exhibit to the EVH section, except for when the dudes from this metal band called Eleven had a dual wankathon, EVERYONE there was playing VH licks through it, it was kinda retarded. I mean, sure, everyone wants to see for themselves if it nails the classic tones, but - if your ears work playing anything will tell you that, and especially when he could walk in the room at any moment, how couldn't you look like a jackass, especially when most of us probably don't play it correctly (to him) anyway?
    So when it was my turn, I played a couple of my own riffs one using the D-Tuna engaged, one not. People did not run. I'm gonna call it a win. But I did have a mini-jackass moment, dude was like "Try the lead channel, it's just insane" (And. It. IS.) did the wank thing and caught myself tapping. Not playing VH riffs, easy. Not doing something you learned from one of your heroes so early on it's an integral part of your adult "style" (like I have one...lol - for lack of a better word). Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by indeedido View Post
    I can't even imagine playing with Edward looking over my shoulder. My brain would take a memory dump. "Hey Ed, check out this A chord. I can go E A D with no problem."
    I get that, but I kind of have the opposite mindset: I would LOVE for him to critique my playing, I mean, how awesome would it be to get pointers from the dude who changed my life, and is one of the reasons (indirectly, don't get it twisted - did not meet him, nor am I inclined to believe he remembers me from my music retail days.) why I was hanging out in Anaheim the last four days? Fuck yeah - tell me what YOU think I'm doing wrong/could do better, Mr. Guitarist-Creator ~ please!

I am fucking wiped and rambling, but here's some pictures before I fall over ...the guys I met through Floyd Upgrades had one of those ZOOM HD recorders with them...their shots are better than mine, and already told them I was hosing them to post here. Not posting anything with our faces in it here - unless I reaaaally like the video they shot of me wanking through the EVH....LMAO

Last edited by jhale667; 01-16-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Ahm tiiiiiired. ;)
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 2 users say thank you to jhale667 for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (01-16-2011),indeedido (01-17-2011)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Upper-echelon Jacksons are now sporting the full FU bridge - this one's got the stainless hardware/Ti string-blocks combo w/ a Brass Big Block, IIRC.

Checked out Pro Tools 9....WANTS. (Wish the pic were clearer...)

Funny how 5mp either gets a suprisingly good or MEH picture... Here's the aforementioned wall of useless (as in Spinal Tap-ish "they couldn't be ...played") Marshalls..

4. Thanked jhale667 for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (01-16-2011)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

George Lynch has his own line of carved guitars out this year "Mr. Scary Guitars" (I know, who could've seen that one coming).

There's also a carved ESP sig too...he's doing double duty. Oh, and here's what looked to be a new Jeff Hanneman(sp?) Slayer sig?

Not generally a huge fan of Deans, but the Marvel art paint-jobs were BAD ASS.

6. 2 users say thank you to jhale667 for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (01-16-2011),indeedido (01-17-2011)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

All the drummers in the house say UNH!!

Alright, I'm wiped, and doing this while still doing thank yous and getting texts...more later. I'm out.

8. Thanked jhale667 for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (01-16-2011)

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post

Slash is an FU client, and occasionally hits me back on Twitter, so not going there - nice guy, though.
    I dig Slash. 99% of what he does is great. I just didn't care for his R&R HoF version of ATBL. I think on playback even he would agree it wasn't very good.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Fuckin A brutha!

I'm there next year, fo sho!!!!

Looking forward to more...

11. Thanked Diamondjimi for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (01-16-2011)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Lightbulb Aha!

ONE thing I forgot to mention ...can't find a pic in a quickie search, but perhaps the long-timers here remember us all drooling over a pic of some dude's WALL of exact EVH replica guitars...y'know, like ALL of them? Every single one Ed's ever been photographed with, practically? He was among the cool peeps I was hanging with this week. Incredibly nice, cool guy...loves the RA, but doesn't post.Turns out, much like Adam @ Floyd Upgrades, I dealt with HIM on one of the guitar bodies I own (the Musikraft) - did not know, but he remembered me! "Wait...Charvel specs and (rattles off my area code and references my already ironic VH-reference location/address)? Dude, that was YOU??" Small world!! He absolutely knows the EVH/CHarvel/Kramer/MusicMan/Peavey history details front-to-back, much like Adam one of the most knowledgeable dudes I've ever met. Was totally schooling me on that, guitar-building, CNC routing and stuff last night, into the wee hours - it was awesome! He has some funny Frankenstraat stories too. I actually totally wish he WOULD post here, but he's too busy. And that's not kissing his ass because he's probably gonna read this, he's that cool. I've asked if he'll send me some high-quality shots of his collection, and if it could be done w/o being too invasive, I'd do a whole thread on the dude!

And to THAT point, all I'm going to say is next time any of you guys think about slamming the guy who's the OTHER main reason we're all here (including DLR, or course) - realize though he could pretty much care less, some of his friends do lurk here occasionally. Just sayin'.

Oh, another takeaway from conversations with people "in the know" VH-wise: Banning FAIL was the best thing this place ever did.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Arrow More fun stuff.

So much for sleeping, some friends came over...lol OK, a few more.

Another Mr. Scary.

Not sure if this one is representative of a kit they're offering, or just one they hadn't completed and brought to the show anyway...?

Notice the one in the back has an ESP logo on it...

Here's the Godlyke Booth...btw, that bass player was cool as shit, and I have a pretty funny video I shot of him, but I can't remember his name! One of my bros will update me, already asked...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Just sayin'.
    You Glenn Beck now ??

BTW, nice posts but you're still a dick...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    Fuckin A brutha!

I'm there next year, fo sho!!!!

Looking forward to more...
    Glad you like. And you're a bro, we'd hang. Met and hung for a bit w/Peter, Hodgson, the guy that runs iheartguitar.com - great dude, is currently at Disneyland with his wife and kids watching the fireworks before heading back to Australia. Yep, you heard it - pulled off NAMM and took the wife and kids to Disneyland. Someone's gettin' lucky tonight~!

Here's a kinda blurry, sorry - pic of two of the ESP Lynches.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wink Uh huh. I hung out with a dude who interviewed Yngwie, fucktard. And what? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    You Glenn Beck now ??
    Those, sir ~ are fighin' words! Did you see a post of a chalkboard yet, stupid?

I should've gotten a close-up of the YJM display, but we were kinda bummed you couldn't check anything out (in the main exhibit, didn't really see a "Wank-Tank" enclosure) and bailed...

BTW, nice posts but you're still a dick...

You're welcome - douche.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    I would love to run into a patch box, dime all those Marshalls to 11 and hit a power chord.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ONE thing I forgot to mention ...can't find a pic in a quickie search, but perhaps the long-timers here remember us all drooling over a pic of some dude's WALL of exact EVH replica guitars...y'know, like ALL of them? Every single one Ed's ever been photographed with, practically? He was among the cool peeps I was hanging with this week. Incredibly nice, cool guy...loves the RA, but doesn't post.Turns out, much like Adam @ Floyd Upgrades, I dealt with HIM on one of the guitar bodies I own (the Musikraft) - did not know, but he remembered me! "Wait...Charvel specs and (rattles off my area code and references my already ironic VH-reference location/address)? Dude, that was YOU??" Small world!! He absolutely knows the EVH/CHarvel/Kramer/MusicMan/Peavey history details front-to-back, much like Adam one of the most knowledgeable dudes I've ever met. Was totally schooling me on that, guitar-building, CNC routing and stuff last night, into the wee hours - it was awesome! He has some funny Frankenstraat stories too. I actually totally wish he WOULD post here, but he's too busy. And that's not kissing his ass because he's probably gonna read this, he's that cool. I've asked if he'll send me some high-quality shots of his collection, and if it could be done w/o being too invasive, I'd do a whole thread on the dude!
    Awesome . That guy has the ULTIMATE EVH replica collection. Mindblowing stuff..
    http://www.vanhalenguitars.com/

So, does this mean you're finally gonna make a replica???

And to THAT point, all I'm going to say is next time any of you guys think about slamming the guy who's the OTHER main reason we're all here (including DLR, or course) - realize though he could pretty much care less, some of his friends do lurk here occasionally. Just sayin'.
    Hey, we gotta pick on somebody!
    All barbs aside. There isn't a poster here who doesn't worship @ the temple of EVH. Usually every time the 6 pack is cranked...

Oh, another takeaway from conversations with people "in the know" VH-wise: Banning FAIL was the best thing this place ever did.
    Well, we all rejoice in the fact that the hammer finally fell on the King of Fail.
    Now I issue a challenge to all the lurkers who visit here. Register, Mofo's! Join the party!

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I should've gotten a close-up of the YJM display, but we were kinda bummed you couldn't check anything out (in the main exhibit, didn't really see a "Wank-Tank" enclosure) and bailed...

Sounds like Marshall gets the NAMM 2011 fail award...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Sounds like Marshall gets the NAMM 2011 fail award...
    Well, considering myself personally...I walked out of there wanting an EVH and a Mesa Mark V the first day. Wished I'd have been able to say that about a new Marshall? Making all us mere mortal wait til it hits retail....LOL

Hilarity from the Godlyke Distributing booth...cannot remember this dude's name at the moment...

Just heard: Dave Bizzogotti
    Last edited by jhale667; 01-17-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Name

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Did you find a difference in the EVH proto and the existing EVH heads?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hung out with Frankie Banali for a bit, been honored to call him a friend since '02 when I teched for QR. Did again a couple of times when at one point in '06, they realized they were stopping in my hometown, Frankie and Kevin Dubrow (RIP) decided it would be cool to take me along for the weekend. Needless to say I'd ask for the time off my (real) job and help him out again were they in a bind in a heartbeat, but he, Chuck, Rudy, Carlos, Sean and Alex are pretty much the only people I'd tech for these days.

On the way out 2nd night IIRC (all kind of a blur, despite the fact I gave myself a two-drink maximum so this NAMM unlike others I remember everything...except some names of the people we didn't get business cards from, or who weren't hanging with the main pack I was traveling with...LOL I ran into Chuck Wright on the way out; I say "Hey, I ran into Frankie earlier" he says "That's Frankie playing right now!" he was sitting in with the band on the main stage in the lobby. Had to grab a quick clip:

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    So you played that new EVH 50 watt head? I played around with a 5150III 100 watt head and cab and found it to be a good solid classic type rock amp with balls on tap if needed. It cleans up with the guitar's volume knob. What's great is the amp has chunk but harmonics jump right off and lots of dynamics. Even in the crunch channel. I was just wondering if the 50 was as good.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I bought some EVH gear over the years mostly out of curiosity but stuck with my normal rig but find I grab and use the EVH stuff more now. Like the NAMM guy said a lot of different players use Ed's amp. The Wolfgang is pretty versatile as well. I can get some cool Telecaster type tones from a Wolfie. So it's good stuff and seems to hold up well.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Did you find a difference in the EVH proto and the existing EVH heads?
    Honestly, didn't even try the 100-watt. I'm told, and from what I can hear it's voiced slightly differently than the hundred. Much like 50-watt Marshalls have their own character. But the first channels does Fender Bassman/Princeton/SRV clean to mild breakup, the middle channel does indeed sound "Grail"-like (just the perfect amount of gain because you can control it), and the lead channel is the push over the cliff. I think I'd end up using the middle channel way more for rhythms if I owned it as opposed to my "old faithful" Boogie MK III.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    So you played that new EVH 50 watt head? I played around with a 5150III 100 watt head and cab and found it to be a good solid classic type rock amp with balls on tap if needed. It cleans up with the guitar's volume knob. What's great is the amp has chunk but harmonics jump right off and lots of dynamics. Even in the crunch channel. I was just wondering if the 50 was as good.
    Better, from what I heard. That's the first time I've tried the Fender/EVH guitars too, and the neck is waaaay more like my (and his, one imagines...lol) old Charvels than the MusicMan or Peavey versions. The one I was handed, and one other I checked out played and sounded great, but unfortunately didn't check out the set neck one in my hands, gave it a close inspection hanging on the wall but then I got more interested in the amp...oopsie.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Honestly, didn't even try the 100-watt. I'm told, and from what I can hear it's voiced slightly differently than the hundred. Much like 50-watt Marshalls have their own character. But the first channels does Fender Bassman/Princeton/SRV clean to mild breakup, the middle channel does indeed sound "Grail"-like (just the perfect amount of gain because you can control it), and the lead channel is the push over the cliff. I think I'd end up using the middle channel way more for rhythms if I owned it as opposed to my "old faithful" Boogie MK III.
    I have a Peavey 5150 II with real good tubes in it and I really couldn't tell any difference between the Fender EVH 100 amp and the Peavey. You have to have a cab the amp likes to get the most of them. The Fender has a better clean channel.

I hardly ever use the high gain channel. I use the crunch channel mostly.

It would be interesting to compare that new head to a Peavey 5150 combo. The combos always sounded great and some people liked them better than the heads. The knob layout is the same.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Better, from what I heard. That's the first time I've tried the Fender/EVH guitars too, and the neck is waaaay more like my (and his, one imagines...lol) old Charvels than the MusicMan or Peavey versions. The one I was handed, and one other I checked out played and sounded great, but unfortunately didn't check out the set neck one in my hands, gave it a close inspection hanging on the wall but then I got more interested in the amp...oopsie.
    The MusicMan and Peavey necks are scanned copies of his 5150 Kramer neck. The only difference is the Peavey is a compound radius neck and that was the result of the guy building the prototype setting the neck plane wrong. Peavey makes some of their own wood working equipment in house and they have this machine that cuts the fingerboard radius and it has to be adjusted on both sides. One side was set for something like 15 and the other was set to 10. It was a fuck up but it made the guitar easier to play chords at the nut and bend up in the higher registers.

But a Wolfgang through Ed's amp on high gain is a lot of fun to fuck around with. Man that combination just screams!. It's what made me lay down the money and drive home with a new guitar, a new cab and amp one day. I had to have it.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Hey, we gotta pick on somebody!
    All barbs aside. There isn't a poster here who doesn't worship @ the temple of EVH. Usually every time the 6 pack is cranked...
    Hey, I bitch as much as anyone here (if not more) about the lack of output, his intake of Loon, etc. and everything about Ed in general, but I do not know him personally, and I am sure he is a really cool person to his friends. He has his castle, his studio, his hot wife, his bank, his reputation...
    How could I not be happy for his successes?

But, as a fan of CLASSIC FUCKING VAN HALEN, hey, I am on the same page as everyone.

WE WANT MORE.

In an age where wankers abound, where pretenders to the throne whimper about not being worthy to lick the feet of Ed or Uncle Dave, where bands around the world wish they could dream about thinking of pretending to possibly imitate some semblance of THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN, WE (the public who have witnessed the aforesaid Atomic Blast live in concert) WANT MORE OF THE REAL DEAL!

Ed being in the position he is in, he has to "not care" what everyone else says about his life. Above all else, he can do whatever the fuck he wants to.

But sure wish he would make up with bassplayer and get out with the Fearsome Foursome and show the current generation of rockers how they SUCK in comparison (or at least show them how it is done).

Well, we all rejoice in the fact that the hammer finally fell on the King of Fail.
    Now I issue a challenge to all the lurkers who visit here. Register, Mofo's! Join the party!
    AMEN!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    I'd enjoy and support Ed's stuff much more if it didn't have the Edward Van Hibernate logo and stripes plastered all over it, or maybe if Ed himself wasn't such a dissapointment...

As crappy as Malmsteen's latest release is, he's still out there and giving his fans quite a bit of enjoyment...

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Damn near every major guitarist is out there touring. He is the major exception.

Oh and thanks Jay for all the photos and book reports and stuff.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-19-2012 @ 11:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks

ONE thing I forgot to mention ...can't find a pic in a quickie search, but perhaps the long-timers here remember us all drooling over a pic of some dude's WALL of exact EVH replica guitars...y'know, like ALL of them? Every single one Ed's ever been photographed with, practically?
    He's the VanHalenGuitars.com guy I think. That may be who you're talking about.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wink Was on a mission to get this first pic when I walked in the door...

For Coyote...the Laney exhibit...sorry it's a little blurry, bro...

The Orange amp display...

Clever marketing!

A very cool double-neck Jackson:

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenFan5150 View Post
    He's the VanHalenGuitars.com guy I think. That may be who you're talking about.
    One and the same. Scott's an awesome dude.

http://vanhalenguitars.com/

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Went to the Avid exhibit and checked out Pro Tools 9...realized not only do I need it, I need a control surface was well...

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-23-2017 @ 12:50 PM
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Thanks

That wall of CVH is nutz

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Here's the link to the Mr. Scary Guitars site...

http://mrscaryguitars.com/

And a better pic of one of the ones on display...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Talking One "I dunno"...and one "WTF do I need a keyboard player, again?"

Nothing really new from Dean, apart from the cool Marvel Art graphic models, but this caught my eye:

Wondering (and doubting) if it compares to the Krank Dime signature, which I didn't try personally but pretty sure that's what Steve Brown of Trixter was playing through when we passed by, and it sounded GREAT. Huge KONG chords, and a pretty liquid lead tone, from what I could hear. Steve's a way better player than people think (y'know, because he was in Trixter, but) - he rips. Met him at an FU after-party hotel-hang, very cool dude.

Here's something we saw while zooming through, and wish I'd had the presence of mind since we actually were standing there mesmerized for a second, at this weird but cool no-string-having guitar-like MIDI controller, to shoot a video as well as a still, I kinda want one of these, don't think I'd have any need for a keyboard controller in here! I mean, you're selecting the sound, and playing the chord you WANT TO HEAR the keyboard player playing anyway, right?

Lots of cool iPad apps for guitar tab and sheet music, control-surface type dealios, but not like I was taking pictures of that...:tongue0011:

More Drummer-Love:

I mean, if I had an actual studio...that'd be a cool kit to have on hand for when people came over...

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hung out with Frankie Banali for a bit, been honored to call him a friend since '02 when I teched for QR. Did again a couple of times when at one point in '06, they realized they were stopping in my hometown, Frankie and Kevin Dubrow (RIP) decided it would be cool to take me along for the weekend. Needless to say I'd ask for the time off my (real) job and help him out again were they in a bind in a heartbeat, but he, Chuck, Rudy, Carlos, Sean and Alex are pretty much the only people I'd tech for these days.

So awesome dude. I think I speak for everyone here when I say "Fuck you! I'm Jealous!".

My friends in the late 80's - early 90's used to have a booth at NAMM. 3 brothers that had their own home-made guitar product. (something about oil for guitar necks I think). They would always take a couple friends. And those friends would roam around & meet famous dudes. Best story was my friend took a shit in the stall next to Jerry Garcia.

Not sure how long you have been going, but their last names were Haisha. Joe, Ed & Dan Haisha. Dang, I wish I could remember the name of their product. I jammed at their house a few times when we were all in high school. I think they stopped selling the product by the late 90's.

And most famous rock star I've ever met was Dave Mustaine once, and I had a beer with Mick Brown of Dokken once before a show. Like I said, I'm jealous of you right now. Would have loved to meet the Quiet Riot guys.

Thanks for all the updates & awesome pics though. Looks like a fucking great time.

40. Thanked sadaist for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (01-20-2011)

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indeedido View Post
    That wall of CVH is nutz

Dude even has a cordless EVH drill up there. Talk about thorough...sheesh.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Dude even has a cordless EVH drill up there. Talk about thorough...sheesh.
    I'd LOVE to get a hold of the 'Secrets' double neck!! Too cool!!!!

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-19-2021 @ 04:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks

For Coyote...the Laney exhibit...sorry it's a little blurry, bro...

Clever marketing!
    You're forgiven...

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    I'd LOVE to get a hold of the 'Secrets' double neck!! Too cool!!!!

My favorites are the "little guitars". One of my most favorite tunes and so awesome when Eddie played the little guitar and that excellent riff. So hard rockin' and silly at the same time. Which is what real Van Halen was all about

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-19-2012 @ 11:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Mrs. Cary Guitars

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenFan5150 View Post
    Mrs. Cary Guitars
    LOL.

You go ahead & tell that to George. I'll keep the car running out front.

Thread Information