Van Halen: Joint Tour With Black Sabbath In 1978 (Matter+Dates+Reviews+Photos)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
    He's got great info on his site, no doubt about it. I was just curious as to why the '78 tour. Was he there? Are VH and Sabbath his all-time favs and seeing them together was a dream come true or being too young at the time, pissed that he missed such an epic tour.

You know, shit like that. I really wasn't trying to bust his chops, just curious.
    You also have to wonder why just about all of this info on this "blog" is simply taken en masse from Black Sabbath online...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

........that or "Holy fuck! We actually made an album and are touring, tour".
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
        You also have to wonder why just about all of this info on this "blog" is simply taken en masse from Black Sabbath online...
        He did take the time to compile it........

Without context, it kinda just lays there.
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

come to think of it...they should cover the tune "Never Say Die" because it summarizes the last 27 years or so.

"People going nowhere, taken for a ride..." LOL.
          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
            He did take the time to compile it........

Without context, it kinda just lays there.
            No, it appears that he "compiled" someone else's work on his site. Compounding that, the work is linked to a VH blog, instead of it's original source. This is like making a DVD out of other people's Youtube clips, then saying "Look what I created!"

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Comment

• Etienne
                Commando
                • Aug 2010

No, it appears that he "compiled" someone else's work on his site. Compounding that, the work is linked to a VH blog, instead of it's original source. This is like making a DVD out of other people's Youtube clips, then saying "Look what I created!"
                At least the blog is written in portuguese...

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Etienne
                  At least the blog is written in portuguese...
                  Yeah, it's wonderful when someone takes the effort to cut and paste articles, video clips and images from the VHND, translate them, post them on a web site yet forget to include where those articles, clips and images originally came from.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Etienne
                    Commando
                    • Aug 2010

...yet forget to include where those articles, clips and images originally came from.
                    I agree... that's not right

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Yeah, it's wonderful when someone takes the effort to cut and paste articles, video clips and images from the VHND, translate them, post them on a web site yet forget to include where those articles, clips and images originally came from.
                      Damn, you just described my entire college experience

Comment

• Jagermeister
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Very interesting.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

I agree about the cut and past stuff. Still, he did do it for the sole purpose of putting together info from the tour in 1978. So yeah, no kudos for cut and paste, but then, he had to get his info from somewhere, and I do give him a sorta thumbs up just for putting the info in one place.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                            I agree about the cut and past stuff. Still, he did do it for the sole purpose of putting together info from the tour in 1978. So yeah, no kudos for cut and paste, but then, he had to get his info from somewhere, and I do give him a sorta thumbs up just for putting the info in one place.
                            I hear what you are saying, but I also feel that if it was your work this guy was appropriating, you'd feel a bit differently.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• vaijuju
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2008

Humberto 5150 is now a young man (18 years), he loves sure VH , he does things by passion ! and feeling! What i said, you must stop him sometimes when he always posted only links for his blog! Many times he found on the net, rare pics or interviews of VH.Thanks Humberto even if he did mistakes ... for example when he didn't thanks sources.
                              http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

Hey, the kid means well. No need to bust his balls. Just offer guidance and hopefully he'll get some details right next time. This is VH land we're dealing with here, we need something to fuckin talk about, ffs...
                                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...