ok, folks........this is the ace diamond show!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ace diamond
    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
    Ace, i kinda dig the guitar but the voice is just horrible
    well, both are me.
    i'm the guilty party on all counts......except the mad hatter tea party ep........just the vocals are me, except on the 2000 version of
    "sneakin' around", on which i was also operating the drum machine.
    Originally posted by hideyoursheep
    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

Had to post some actual demo's to offset the amount of fail in this thread:

BTW, this VH demo is actually better than the orignal imo.

Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• ace diamond
        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
        Had to post some actual demo's to offset the amount of fail in this thread:

BTW, this VH demo is actually better than the orignal imo.

hey man, this is my damned thread.
        if you don't like what's on the radio, either change the station or turn the radio off and go wash your hair or something.
        this is my thread, and if i wanna put ten tons of all manner of catastrophic failure in it, i will do so.
        so in short, quit trying to derail my damned thread.
        either post on topic or get the fuck out and go to another thread, or go start your own damned thread and derail it any way you like,
        IN YOUR OWN DAMNED THREAD!
        "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
          Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Wouldn't that be 665 or 667 ??
          YOU KNOW WHAT?
          "555-the neighbor of the beast" is the only one of my records where i did not choose the album title.
          i was gonna call it something else entirely.
          however, the record label, local punks records, and more specifically, label vice-president, matthew leonard,
          chose that title against my porotests of disapproval.
          even i thought it was a very stupid title that made no sense whatsoever,
          but then again, neither does that record!

personally, i hate my first record. i was homeless when i made it, as well as being very green when it comes to recording. this was in the fall of 2004. so needless to say, there wasn't really any pre-production at all, and recording in someopnes garage using cakewalk and a very basic set-up didn't exactly help things either.
          i didn't have much practice before i went in and recorded it, and it really shows in the finished
          product.
          now you know why
          even i think it's an utter colossal piece of shit.
          i have, however chose all album titles since then.
          "prime meridian mind fuck", "disasterpeace theatre" and "torturary statutes", as well as the ep from 2002, "hard, loud, and proud"
          are the ones i named.

so, if you really need someone to blame for that really dumbass title, blame matthew leonard, not me.
          he is the one who named it "555-the neighbor of the beast".
          Last edited by ace diamond; 01-27-2011, 04:19 AM.

Comment

• ace diamond
            Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
            Don't confuse him with facts or logic, E! It really fucks him up!
            see above post.

Comment

• ace diamond
              Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
              On "The Final Journey Into The Black", the effect is just the opposite. The singing is pretty good, but the guitar work just kills it, and not in a good way. I've said this to ace before, if he'd just take a little bit more time with his preproduction, by the time he got around to recording he'd be more prepared and could then concentrate on the details of making everything sound better. Ultimately, the finished product would be much improved and would make things easier for him in the long run, both in the recording process and in getting his point across.
              ok, chef, a couple of things here.

time is money when you are in a recording studio.
              since i don't have a lot of money, and recording time is not cheap, i didn't exactly have a lot of time to do overdubs or to "sweeten"
              things up at all.

secondly, as for "the final journey into the black":
              that was the only song on disasterpiece theatre that i didn't play my les paul on.
              i played my dean vmnt-ua dave mustaine signiture model.
              also, i did however, use the line 6 spider 3 75 watt amp that would later blow up and claim my les paul along with it.
              i really dig the brian may setting i used as the outro......as for the song "the final journey into the black", it just a filler track.
              i needed something to end the record with so that is what i came up with about a month before i went into the recording studio to put it all down.
              so there is a very valid reson why i put it at the end of the record..........

i knew i shouldn't have drank so many corona bottles when i was recording that song...........

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

At least Aces vaults are open.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ace diamond
                  Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                  At least Aces vaults are open.
                  yeah, no shit.
                  now if only i could get that to rub off on VH!

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

i bloody think you rock, ace. as a fellow roth army poster who will only ever spout spurious references, your level of disclosure is truly epic. i tip my hat to you, sir! mutilated devil mask and all, ashstralia. :bows:

Comment

• Unchainme
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ace diamond
                      hey man, this is my damned thread.
                      if you don't like what's on the radio, either change the station or turn the radio off and go wash your hair or something.
                      this is my thread, and if i wanna put ten tons of all manner of catastrophic failure in it, i will do so.
                      so in short, quit trying to derail my damned thread.
                      either post on topic or get the fuck out and go to another thread, or go start your own damned thread and derail it any way you like,
                      IN YOUR OWN DAMNED THREAD!
                      why? your thread is shit, as is your "Demos" that you've posted here time and time again, moreso than chinese spammers on a slow day at work.

dude, you're an attention whore, and not even a funny one (paging joe thunder) at that.

I RIDE THE RIDE, bitch.
                      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ace diamond
                        ok, chef, a couple of things here.

time is money when you are in a recording studio.
                        since i don't have a lot of money, and recording time is not cheap, i didn't exactly have a lot of time to do overdubs or to "sweeten"
                        things up at all.
                        :
                        Which is exactly my point, ace. As you prepare to record in a well thought-out preproduction phase, you can plan ahead for the time spent in the recording studio. You have the opportunity to make notes about which guitar to use, settings for effects for guitar and /or vocals, where and when to add additional guitar tracks to a song, ect. Having these details outlined ahead of time saves a great deal of time, which as you aptly pointed out, is money.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

eleven.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                            why? your thread is shit, as is your "Demos" that you've posted here time and time again, moreso than chinese spammers on a slow day at work.

dude, you're an attention whore, and not even a funny one (paging joe thunder) at that.

I RIDE THE RIDE, bitch.
                            Ya know what? That's just wrong.

Regardless of what you think about the guy as a poster in other threads, he had the balls to post his work. If it sucks to your ears, so what? Believe me, there are plenty of opportunities available to slam the guy for his often pointless posting, highly questionable reasoning and general lack of hygiene. Yes, you are entitled to your opinions about his stuff, but throwing in a couple of AIC clips and a VH tune to a post hardly proves anything, particularly when the guy's...uh, work pretty much speaks for itself.

Look, ace's music gives me migraines that no amount of alcohol, medication, meditation, head massages or the end of the world will remove. But no one is forcing me to sit through it, let alone place value judgments as to it's merit one way or another. That in and of itself is the beauty of the internet: You are not immediately compelled to respond to everything, merely because it exists. If ace wishes to share his stuff with an otherwise unsuspecting and blissful world, he's free to do it. And there is nothing written down anywhere that says you must listen to it, accept it or even comment on it.

Let it go, and hope the next time that you yourself present something, it won't be slammed or ridiculed because someone happens to hold a particular grudge against you.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

I guess I gotta listen to this crap later, but don't get mad ace if i don't like it...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                I guess I gotta listen to this crap later, but don't get mad ace if i don't like it...
                                DON'T do it...
                                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...