Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Albert Pujols would veto trade

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6070963

Other teams have asked the Cardinals about Albert Pujols in the past, making sure that if St. Louis ever thought about dealing the perennial MVP candidate, the inquiring team's interest was established.

The Cardinals have never really pursued any of that trade discussion.

But no matter what happens in the last days of negotiations before Pujols arrives at the Cardinals' camp in spring training, the slugger will not be traded.

The understanding within the St. Louis front office is that Pujols will not accept any trade going forward, according to sources. He has the right to veto any trade proposal, and would do so.

This means there are only two possible results in the negotiations in the Pujols talks: Either he signs a contract extension with the Cardinals, or he will become a free agent this coming fall.

Pujols and the Cardinals are negotiating under the player's deadline of Feb. 19, the first day he arrives in training camp. After he begins spring training, Pujols does not want his agent, Dan Lozano, to discuss a contract with the Cardinals because he doesn't want to have any distractions, a stance he has taken throughout his career.

What happens after that remains to be seen, but the choices facing the Cardinals are expensive in different ways. Either St. Louis will negotiate a deal along the lines what Pujols has asked for -- probably something in the neighborhood of the 10-year, $275 million deal that Alex Rodriguez signed with the Yankees in fall 2007 -- or the Cardinals will pay for the backlash after Pujols walks away.

If Pujols departs as a free agent, the Cardinals would get two draft picks in return. But it's doubtful they ever could make up for the lost production.

In every season he has played, Pujols's OPS has ranged from .955 to 1.115. Pujols has never failed to hit at least 32 homers or drive in at least 103 runs, and in nine of his 10 seasons his on-base percentage has never been under .403.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The only thing stopping me from ripping Pujols a new fucking asshole for being a douchebag is the contract allowing him to veto any deal. While I think the stance is bullshit, the Cards shouldn't have put it in the contract.

These fucking deals are fucking ridiculous anyways...and shit like this makes it all the more ridiculous. Christ...players and owners are on the same side of the fence anyways. It used to be players vs. owners. Now...it's players and owners bitching like fucking rich whores...while we all stand outside the stadium with our dicks in our hands because we can't afford to see these fucks play.

Fuck it...I'll stick with the minors...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I really don't get this. What is with today's ballplayers and their exaggerated sense of worth? The guy is 31 years old, but is asking for a ridiculously absurd 300 million over the next 10 years. I've got news for him: In the next 5 years he'll find he doesn't automatically bounce back from injury. In the next 8, he'll start developing eye problems. And in 10, those chicks he used to flirt with wherever he went will start thinking he's a creepy old man.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    While he's not worth that kind of money (nobody is), he's been the best baseball player over the past ten years. There's no reason he SHOULDN'T ask for more than ARod's ridiculous contract. Any system that actually PAYS players that kind of money with no real repercussions is a broken system. The funny thing is, either St. Louis signs him, or only what...four other teams are in play?

broken...

system...

Billionaires making...pretty soon...billionaires...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I suppose it's a great deal similar to the Derek Jeter situation, where a guy is going to be paid for what he has done in the past, as opposed to any productivity a few years from now. The thing is, whom (other than St. Louis) is going to pay him for his past work? If he goes to another team, he'd get perhaps a 5 year deal. And it certainly won't be for 300 mil, either.

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I might be in the minority here, but I dont find Pujol's tactics to be all that wrong.

Yes, MLB salaries are fucking ludicrous and he isnt worth all that ching.

But the guy has been up front on seemingly all counts here.

He gave the team a ballpark figure. Gave them a deadline too.

It's not like hes pulling a LeBron.... Any one of us would do the same thing in his situation. He IS baseball in that town. He owns it. I really dont think hes holding the team hostage here in any way.

That being said...... CAP THIS FUCKING GAME ALREADY.
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think anyone disagrees with you DLoc...in that he's working under the system given to him...

but there's no fucking way in hell I'd veto a deal OUT of St. Louis if they wouldn't pay me. In that regard, he's doing EXACTLY what LeBron did when that fucking piece of shit waited until every fucking player worth a damn signed with someone else before telling Cleveland to go fuck themselves.

My guess here is that should St. Louis want to trade Pujols, because, and thank god for this if it happened, a team actually said FUCK OFF TO YOUR 300 MILLION DOLLAR DEMANDS, they could get a decent player or two for him...

but they did put that veto in...like Pujols won't sign the biggest deal in the history of baseball anyways...

and Pujols IS baseball in St. Louis?

Have you ever been to St. Louis?

He may be St. Louis baseball now...but he goes...they ain't goin' anywhere...those fans...

They'll huff...and they'll bluff...and they'll buy all their season tickets...that's just the way it is.

and like DLoc said...CAP THE FUCKING GAME ALREADY!!!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ^ I know what you are saying . ^ I'm a St. Louisan and a die hard Cardinals fan . We eat , sleep , breathe , fuck , fart and shit baseball .

No matter how this Pujols situation plays out , there will still be a faithful 3,000,000 plus loyally rotating the turnstiles at Busch Stadium regardless .

Yes , Albert Pujols IS baseball in St. Louis . He is THE showstopper . However , with that in mind , he also knows damn well

just what he means to this city and he is actually loyal .

Here's a little something for everyone to chew on . Baseballs last great living legend , Stan " The Man " Musial holds court

with Pujols fairly frequently . His influence on Albert is immeasurable and quite convincing .

Yes , the money that will no doubt be thrown his way is unbearably ludicrous .

No doubt , a salary cap is seriously overdue . Just how much moolah does one MOFO need ?

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He's as good as gone with STL when his contract is up, theres no way they have A-roid money.
    Watch The Redsox make him a splash signee in 2012.

EUAS

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    The only thing stopping me from ripping Pujols a new fucking asshole for being a douchebag is the contract allowing him to veto any deal. While I think the stance is bullshit, the Cards shouldn't have put it in the contract.

These fucking deals are fucking ridiculous anyways...and shit like this makes it all the more ridiculous. Christ...players and owners are on the same side of the fence anyways. It used to be players vs. owners. Now...it's players and owners bitching like fucking rich whores...while we all stand outside the stadium with our dicks in our hands because we can't afford to see these fucks play.

Fuck it...I'll stick with the minors...

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by redblkwht View Post
    He's as good as gone with STL when his contract is up, theres no way they have A-roid money.
    Watch The Redsox make him a splash signee in 2012.
    The Redsox don't need him and aren't gonna spend that kind of change just to get him.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Manalishi View Post
    ^ I know what you are saying . ^ I'm a St. Louisan and a die hard Cardinals fan . We eat , sleep , breathe , fuck , fart and shit baseball .

No matter how this Pujols situation plays out , there will still be a faithful 3,000,000 plus loyally rotating the turnstiles at Busch Stadium regardless .

Yes , Albert Pujols IS baseball in St. Louis . He is THE showstopper . However , with that in mind , he also knows damn well

just what he means to this city and he is actually loyal .

Here's a little something for everyone to chew on . Baseballs last great living legend , Stan " The Man " Musial holds court

with Pujols fairly frequently . His influence on Albert is immeasurable and quite convincing .

Yes , the money that will no doubt be thrown his way is unbearably ludicrous .

No doubt , a salary cap is seriously overdue . Just how much moolah does one MOFO need ?
    I grew up in Central IL and we would make the trek down to St. Louis 3-4 times a year to see the Cards play...saw Gibson pitch....Brock steal bases....Whitey manage...and Hernandez flirt with the pussy. My brother still lives there and is all up in arms over this situation.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Manalishi View Post
    Baseballs last great living legend , Stan " The Man " Musial
    Maybe it's just the way you worded that, but there have been plenty of "living legends" since Musial played....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    LOL, never thought I'd see a Norfolk Tides logo in here.....

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    LOL, never thought I'd see a Norfolk Tides logo in here.....
    I take my kids a few times a year...it's a good time.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Maybe it's just the way you worded that, but there have been plenty of "living legends" since Musial played....
    Agreed , but none as legendary as Stan Musial . He's the last of the greats from baseballs Golden Era . Musial has iconic status and the career numbers

more than back it up .

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Musial is likely the greatest living player...and while he isn't the only player from the golden era (generally considered from 1920 or so until 1960 or so) around, he IS the only major player of consequence that was around during that WWII era...

outstanding...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fuck the owners...and fuck Pujols...IMO...they both can fucking go straight to hell. I'm actually getting fucking sick of the damned apologists out there that say, "Good for Albert...he should get what he can..."

Fuck that. There's getting what you can...and being so fucking far out of reality...

First off..the fucking owners should be fucking shot...just look at this shit:

1922--Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to make $50,000 a year

1947--25 years later...Hank Greenberg becomes the first baseball player to make $100,000 a year

1977--30 years later...Mike Schmidt becomes the first baseball player to make $500,000 a year

1979--two years later...Nolan Ryan becomes the first baseball player to make $1,000,000 a year

1982--three years later...George Foster becomes the first player to make $2,000,000 a year

1989--seven years later...Kirby Puckett becomes the first player to make $3,000,000 a year

1990--one year later...Jose Canseco becomes the first player to make $4,000,000 a year

1991--one year later...Roger Clemens becomes the first player to make $5,000,000 a year

1992--one year later...Ryne Sandberg becomes the first player to make $6 and $7,000,000 a year

1996--four years later...Ken Griffey Jr. becomes the first player to make $8,000,000 a year

1996--later that same year...Albert Belle becomes the first player to make $9, $10, and $11,000,000 a year...

1997--one year later...Pedro Martinez becomes the first player to make $12,000,000 a year...

1998--one year later...Mike Piazza becomes the first player to make $13,000,000 a year...

1998--later that same year...Kevin Brown becomes the first player to make $14 and $15,000,000 a year..

2000--two years later...Carlos Delgado becomes the first $16 and $17,000,000 a year...

2000--later that year...Manny Ramirez becomes the first $18, $19 and $20,000,000 a year...

2002--two years later...ARod becomes the first $21 and $22,000,000 a year...

2005--three years later...ARod becomes the first $23, $24, $25 and $26,000,000 a year...

2008--three years later...ARod becomes the first $27 and $28,000,000 a year...

2010--two years later...ARod becomes the first $29, $30, $31, $32, and $33,000,000 a year...

In 1989, the average U.S. income was just under $30,000. Kirby was making $3,000,000
    In 2011, the average U.S. income is $47,000. AHole is making $33,000,000

Having the gall to fucking give those deals is fucking crazy...
    Having the gall to ask for that kind of money is fucking crazy...

Pujols is fucking 31 years old...that would be like VonPa, the old fuck that he is, asking his boss for a ten year deal, knowing he'll be fucking more senile than he already is five years from now. Do we give a guy like Pujols a ridiculous ten year deal just because he's the greatest player not to take steroids? Granted...that fucker is the best player in the game offensively...and signing him would be a coup...but anyone that gives that fucking guy a ten year deal now...should be fucking hung out to dry...if it's for 30 mill a year.

And fuck the apologists...

Any fucking asshole that says, "You know what...I'm worth 30 million a year because I hit 30 homers with 100 RBI a year for ten years" should immediately be kidnapped and put into a fucking cave full of aids-riddled whores...

Fuck them both...

Nice guy...whatever...fucking ridiculous piece of shit...and fuck you owners...for whatever fucking whore pays him that shit...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And you know what...

FUCK ST. LOUIS for making that city all about Albert Pujols.

St. Louis isn't fucking Cleveland...who hasn't won dick in sixty years...and SHOULD HAVE put LeBron on a fucking pedestal (well...maybe not)...

So fuck you St. Louis...for taking a city that loved it's Cardinals (again...IMO...the best baseball city in baseball...apparently prior to Pujols)...

...and turned it into a City that loves Pujols...

Fuck that...

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    About sums it up, fuck em all. I'm tired of these whiny overpaid assholes.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    About sums it up, fuck em all. I'm tired of these whiny overpaid assholes.
    Too much money ruined sports. I was involved with the Salt Lake City Olympic games and all the corruption and payola turned me off from that as well. If Mitt Romney didn't come in and get things fiscally straightened out that olympics wouldn't have even happened. Everyone had their hand out and $3 million vanished.

It's the same in college sports and pro sports.

It's not about the games or even the athletes any more, it's about selling air time, endorsement deals, tickets are so expensive families can't afford to go.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At least the Olympics seem to have cleaned up their act since the low of Atlanta.

World Soccer is a racket.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    At least the Olympics seem to have cleaned up their act since the low of Atlanta.
    Except for all the steroids.

Thread Information