X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Green Manalishi
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Maybe it's just the way you worded that, but there have been plenty of "living legends" since Musial played....
    Agreed , but none as legendary as Stan Musial . He's the last of the greats from baseballs Golden Era . Musial has iconic status and the career numbers

more than back it up .

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Musial is likely the greatest living player...and while he isn't the only player from the golden era (generally considered from 1920 or so until 1960 or so) around, he IS the only major player of consequence that was around during that WWII era...

outstanding...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Fuck the owners...and fuck Pujols...IMO...they both can fucking go straight to hell. I'm actually getting fucking sick of the damned apologists out there that say, "Good for Albert...he should get what he can..."

Fuck that. There's getting what you can...and being so fucking far out of reality...

First off..the fucking owners should be fucking shot...just look at this shit:

1922--Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to make $50,000 a year

1947--25 years later...Hank Greenberg becomes the first baseball player to make $100,000 a year

1977--30 years later...Mike Schmidt becomes the first baseball player to make $500,000 a year

1979--two years later...Nolan Ryan becomes the first baseball player to make $1,000,000 a year

1982--three years later...George Foster becomes the first player to make $2,000,000 a year

1989--seven years later...Kirby Puckett becomes the first player to make $3,000,000 a year

1990--one year later...Jose Canseco becomes the first player to make $4,000,000 a year

1991--one year later...Roger Clemens becomes the first player to make $5,000,000 a year

1992--one year later...Ryne Sandberg becomes the first player to make $6 and $7,000,000 a year

1996--four years later...Ken Griffey Jr. becomes the first player to make $8,000,000 a year

1996--later that same year...Albert Belle becomes the first player to make $9, $10, and $11,000,000 a year...

1997--one year later...Pedro Martinez becomes the first player to make $12,000,000 a year...

1998--one year later...Mike Piazza becomes the first player to make $13,000,000 a year...

1998--later that same year...Kevin Brown becomes the first player to make $14 and $15,000,000 a year..

2000--two years later...Carlos Delgado becomes the first $16 and $17,000,000 a year...

2000--later that year...Manny Ramirez becomes the first $18, $19 and $20,000,000 a year...

2002--two years later...ARod becomes the first $21 and $22,000,000 a year...

2005--three years later...ARod becomes the first $23, $24, $25 and $26,000,000 a year...

2008--three years later...ARod becomes the first $27 and $28,000,000 a year...

2010--two years later...ARod becomes the first $29, $30, $31, $32, and $33,000,000 a year...

In 1989, the average U.S. income was just under $30,000. Kirby was making $3,000,000
        In 2011, the average U.S. income is $47,000. AHole is making $33,000,000

Having the gall to fucking give those deals is fucking crazy...
        Having the gall to ask for that kind of money is fucking crazy...

Pujols is fucking 31 years old...that would be like VonPa, the old fuck that he is, asking his boss for a ten year deal, knowing he'll be fucking more senile than he already is five years from now. Do we give a guy like Pujols a ridiculous ten year deal just because he's the greatest player not to take steroids? Granted...that fucker is the best player in the game offensively...and signing him would be a coup...but anyone that gives that fucking guy a ten year deal now...should be fucking hung out to dry...if it's for 30 mill a year.

And fuck the apologists...

Any fucking asshole that says, "You know what...I'm worth 30 million a year because I hit 30 homers with 100 RBI a year for ten years" should immediately be kidnapped and put into a fucking cave full of aids-riddled whores...

Fuck them both...

Nice guy...whatever...fucking ridiculous piece of shit...and fuck you owners...for whatever fucking whore pays him that shit...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

And you know what...

FUCK ST. LOUIS for making that city all about Albert Pujols.

St. Louis isn't fucking Cleveland...who hasn't won dick in sixty years...and SHOULD HAVE put LeBron on a fucking pedestal (well...maybe not)...

So fuck you St. Louis...for taking a city that loved it's Cardinals (again...IMO...the best baseball city in baseball...apparently prior to Pujols)...

...and turned it into a City that loves Pujols...

Fuck that...

Comment

• TFM_Dale
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2009

About sums it up, fuck em all. I'm tired of these whiny overpaid assholes.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
              About sums it up, fuck em all. I'm tired of these whiny overpaid assholes.
              Too much money ruined sports. I was involved with the Salt Lake City Olympic games and all the corruption and payola turned me off from that as well. If Mitt Romney didn't come in and get things fiscally straightened out that olympics wouldn't have even happened. Everyone had their hand out and $3 million vanished.

It's the same in college sports and pro sports.

It's not about the games or even the athletes any more, it's about selling air time, endorsement deals, tickets are so expensive families can't afford to go.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

At least the Olympics seem to have cleaned up their act since the low of Atlanta.

World Soccer is a racket.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  At least the Olympics seem to have cleaned up their act since the low of Atlanta.
                  Except for all the steroids.
                  “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

Working...