X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ken McLaren
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jan 2011

Hi Guys, I got some software for ya

Hello everyone, I'm new here and was introduced by one of your long time members who thought that you may find use for some of our free software. So as we release freeware, I'll be sharing it with you. If at any time the community here finds this disrupting, or disrespectful in any way, we won't post. We are not here to be spammers, just sharing some of our work with you.

For the most part we have been concentrating our software development on guitar. So, we have been making things like stomp boxes, rack delays, verbs, virtual guitar amps and cabs. We have not started to develop for MAC yet, but thats coming in future. So its primarily PC VST effects for use in recording software like Cubase, Nuendo, and Reaper. Most stuff will be outright freeware, some postings may be trials. However, any trial version we make is non-limited, and is good for 30 days. But, here's the cool thing, our trials never stop running. We only ask that you register, its really up to you if you do. They don't contain any of the annoying HISS or audio dropouts, they are the same as the registered version, except a nag screen at the beginning.

So here is the first offering for you. Its a guitar cabinet simulator that runs on the HUGE Redwirez Guitar cabinet library.(209,000 Cabinet files)

For those of you who have the AWESOME Redwirez cabinet library, you know how much of a PITA it is to navigate and load cabinets. After all, there’s 180,000 + individual Impulse response files. It’s a vast array of options to be sure.

The task of selecting the browse button, finding the library, deciding on a cabinet, deciding on a mic… Wait! It doesn’t stop there, now you have to decide on a distance. One inch, two inches, three inches? Do I want the mic on or off axis? Should it be on the cone, cap, cap edge, or the cone edge? If you get that selection wrong, you’re back to square one. Click the browse button again, and keep repeating the above steps…

iFace takes care of that for you. Select a cabinet, and or a mic, and then iFace does the rest. Simply moving the controls locates and loads the correct cabinet file. Its simple and a more natural way to select a cabinet.

All you need to do is have a Redwirez cabinet installed to its default “factory” path, Then tell iFace where it is. After that just select what cab and mic you want, then go about moving the controls..
    Want the mic at three inches away from the cabinet? Then slide the mic three inches away from the cabinet…Want it off axis? Then select off axis… Pretty simple...

iFace also supports the matched ambient mics of the Redwirez library. Most cabinets in the Redwirez library also contain Impulse response files of mics placed at ambient locations throughout the studio. These are also available through the Ambient mics selection menu. Once again, these are "matched" and what WE mean by matched is, the ambient mics are recordings of the cabinet you have selected, Not a recording of a balloon pop or starter pistol...

There are plenty more features, but we'll let you explore and find them yourself. If you have any trouble, or questions, feel free to post here as we'll be regularly monitoring this thread to provide support to you. If you like you can also obtain support directly from the iFace discussion at the AcmeBarGig forums here.

Thanks for reading and checking it out...

For those of you that already have the Redwirez Cabinet library, iFace can be downloaded at the following link now. We don't make you register or any of that other PITA stuff that is usually associated with free downloads.

Don't forget to read the manual! Its 65 pages, but most of it is the Redwirez IR matrix which tells you what cabinet IR's are included.

For those of you that do not have the Redwirez cabinet library, Redwirez have been gracious enough to provide you with a freeware cabinet. Its a recording of a Marshall 1960A with 4 Celestion G12M speakers.
    You can get it here..

Known issues
    I want to post about known issues here as we did not have time to address these before release. They are being worked on right now though.

SONAR all versions 64 bit
    Description:
    There is an issue with the plugin automatically loading presets on saved projects.

In depth:
    If you add iFace to a track, when you open the project at a later time, iFace will have "forgotten" your selections.

Temporary work around:
    Save the iFace preset and load it on the recorded track. Please do test this work around though as any information you can give us on this issue will be helpful.

DISCLAIMER:
    All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The names of the manufacturers and their model designations are used only to identify the speakers, cabinets and microphones measured in the development of our software, and the corresponding impulse response library. They do not in any way imply any association with or endorsement by any of the named manufacturers. We do not guarantee this product will create, and may not create, the same sound you may get from using any of the cabinets, microphones or speakers referred to in the iFace software, or the impulse response library.
    Last edited by Ken McLaren; 01-30-2011, 07:29 AM.
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Hey Ken, thanks for the info and welcome. I've actually been wanting to try Acme BarGig and Rewire more in-depth, have played around with it a bit, and I'm told the amp emulations are superior to PODfarm. iFace looks interesting!

Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Jay, ya gotta take this out for a ride bro. It kicks some serious ass. Very natural response and killer IR's. I'm contemplating retracking all my rhythm tracks on the new album. It sounds thick and massive.

I highly recommend checking this out to any of you guys that are into recording. The add ons are fairly priced too if you decide you want to expand to the full version...
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

I will check into it one of these days. Thanks for posting.

Being a poor sumbitch, I am into any quality plugins or software that are free. The guys who developed Reaper are using this business model, and Reaper is an incredibly powerful multi-track program that is dirt cheap. Why spend thousands on Nuendo, ProTools, Cubase, etc. when you don't have to?

So sometime in the near future I will check out what you guys are offering. Sounds sweet.

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

ash not happy. make mac now.

Comment

• Ken McLaren
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Jan 2011

@Hardrock
            We based this business model on Justin's (Reaper owner) business model. Reaper is the First DAW we test everything we write on because it is the most popular widely used DAW in the world right now. That is no doubt due in part to their business model. I don't know if its the best, as thats down to someone's personal taste and work flow, but one thing I'll say is it is BY FAR the lowest CPU consumption daw. In some cases CPU consumption is cut down by up to 60% when compared to other daws.

Here's some numbers to illustrate
            This was a single core pentium 4, 3 Ghz computer with 1 GB of ram.
            We took our guitar suite called Head Case and ran it on a single track.
            It ran at...
            43% in SONAR X1 (with dropouts)
            38% in Cubase 5 (with minor dropouts)
            37% in Nuendo 3(no dropouts)
            13.5% in Reaper (no Dropouts)

There was not another daw that went below 26%. Anyways, we got loads of freeware available from the website, and we don't make you register or any of that other nonsense. So, help yourself man, and at least you know where to get support for it. haha I am one of the developers.

@Diamondjim, told ya I'd get over here sooner or later, Glad you told me man.. Seems like a very cool place.

@jhale667
            Yeah I'll be sharing a bunch of them here with you all. I am going to post a new upgrade to our Preampus Classic Hybrid line. This is the upgrade for Knuckle head, and its 100% freeware.

Here's a bit of a description for you..
            Almost all the knuckle head tone comes directly from its poweramp, actually I shouldn't say tone, its more like distortion characteristics. This is because the EQ before the power amp works to drive it. So, each tone control acts sorta like a gain knob. Then, after the poweramp we run it through the identical tonestack again. This is where you get the tone from, the tonestack before the power amp does not do too much in terms of tone shaping, it functions more to shape the distortion than to filter frequencies. What I mean is that the tonestack before the poweramp, you really don't notice the tone shaping that much because it is going into a distortion phase. So, even if you turn your treble off it would not have that much effect because of higher order harmonics..

Knuckle head can get pretty unruly though, and it takes a bit to get used to because a slight turn in the bass knob and its a whole different distortion. It also does not lend itself to cleans very well at all, but it wasn't designed for them anyway. The second and third generation of that power amp is in the Enthalpos median head from Shred 1.06 and Shred 1.5x respectively.

It was designed for classic hard to get guitar tones. So, things like the James gang funk 49, Neil young rust never sleeps, Cocaine by Clapton, etc. If you are looking for a straight heavy distortion amp, then knuckle head can do that, but you'd need something external like a tube screamer placed before it.
            Knuckle head comes with our version of a Dallas Rangemaster built in, but our version is not just a treble booster, instead its variable frequency and also allows you to adjust the drive. So you can use it to drive Knuckle head at selected frequencies.

We have other freeware amps that were designed for straight out metal tones that would do a better job than Knucle Head. Like the Series 60, or the C-15 heads that are available at the website for free.

The Preampus C-15

The Preampus Series 60

Here's the knuckle head download..
            Enjoy, and if you have any problems let me know...

Just to clarify for those that don't know, you place the knuckle head on a track, then place iFace after it.
            -Ken
            edit:
            @ash, sorry man, we're only supporting PCVST right now, but, there is a guy who has used the freeware MAC/VST wrapper for our plugs with 100% success. Here's the thread where he explains how to do it..
            .. a few very useful workarounds I've developed for my daw, so you probably won't find them anywhere else

Hope that helps..At least it doesn't cost you to try..
            Last edited by Ken McLaren; 01-31-2011, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• Ken McLaren
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Jan 2011

I forgot to mention in the last post, here are some examples of our virtual amps.
              This is series 60 with iFace

Done by Unsal Ozata from Turkey...

This is Shred with our modelled cabs. Fast forward to the solo on this one, The modelled cabs really shine there.

Thats Danny Danzi

This is the Skull Job head customized to try and get close to the EVH live sound. Note I said to get close...haha

This is also Danny Danzi playing a cover of unchained by Van Halen. There was no external processing done other than the effects that were available in Head case(our suite).
              Last edited by Ken McLaren; 01-31-2011, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

spammer; banned. wanker.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                  spammer; banned. wanker.
                  That is unfair, and certainly uncalled for. For one thing, the software is FREE. For another, Ken is only responding to questions put forth to him in kind.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Time difference means he probably just got in from the pub in the early hours of Tuesday morning but still...

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      That is unfair, and certainly uncalled for. For one thing, the software is FREE. For another, Ken is only responding to questions put forth to him in kind.

Agree - and if I thought Ken was spamming, I'd have closed this thread on sight, thanks. This is a product many of us here are actually interested in (Dj's already using it), and besides, it's FREE...
                      Originally posted by conmee
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                      Originally posted by eddie78
                      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Etienne
                        Commando
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Ken McLaren
                        I forgot to mention in the last post, here are some examples of our virtual amps.
                        This is series 60 with iFace

Done by Unsal Ozata from Turkey...

This is Shred with our modelled cabs. Fast forward to the solo on this one, The modelled cabs really shine there.

Thats Danny Danzi

This is the Skull Job head customized to try and get close to the EVH live sound. Note I said to get close...haha

This is also Danny Danzi playing a cover of unchained by Van Halen. There was no external processing done other than the effects that were available in Head case(our suite).
                        Demos are careful made... sound encouraging

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Sounds more like Zakk Wylde on Unchained...

Comment

• Ken McLaren
                            Roth Army Recruit
                            • Jan 2011

ashstralia, I'm sorry my post offended you, that was not the intent. The reason that we mentioned our website with the other products is because they are already released, whereas Knuckle Head 1.5 is not. There is only a few places on the web where that can be downloaded, this forum is one of them. So, it's relatively exclusive to this community. Having said that, Knuckle Head 1.0 has been released at our website, but Knuckle Head 1.5 has not. If it was already released then we would have posted something else that could be exclusive.

In general, if we are causing disruption, a community feels we are being dis-respectful, or we are viewed as spammers, we simply stop sharing at that forum. We will stop posting if thats what the community wants, we are not trying to be disrespectful, and we certainly don't want to be called spammers.

I and all other ABG representatives are bound by our own internal rules, to which we follow to the letter. We were invited here, we did not just show up. DiamondJim felt that your community may benefit from us sharing our software, and we feel that we would benefit from this community's interaction and suggestions for our products. That is the reason we're here. We have posted in a forum where gear is the topic, we are sharing gear, freely. If you still feel we're spammers, then we will leave the community so as not to be disruptive or cause a rift, and to eliminate us being called spammers. You may not realize it, but being called that is very damaging to a company, and as a result we take statements like that very seriously.

Your call..
                            -Ken

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                              spammer; banned. wanker.
                              Whoa, easy there dude. It will be in Mac soon. Why not try the MAC/VST wrap he suggested in his link?

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              Exactly. I was speaking to Ken at great length about this software and mentioned this forum to him and invited him to join. He is not a spammer. He simply would like to get the word out and share this kick ass software
                              with some musician peeps I socialize with regularly.
                              You fuckers know me, if AcmeBarGig wasn't a great program that I hadn't roadtested myself I wouldn't have suggested RA to him. He's created a great program and it's cool that he makes himself available for any customer cuntcerns.
                              Just so ya's know, Ken is a fuckin bad ass guitarist in his own right. Not just a code writing hermit.
                              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...