This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sadaist View Post
    Question to you guys in bands that have actually recorded a cd.....

Do you roll around town listening to your own albums? I've always wondered about the famous rock bands and if they are cruising around listening to their own shit. And if you do, is it to groove to it or pick it apart and analyze?
    I've done a bit of home recording and from time to time it's fun to just crank it in the car and rock out.. Another fun thing is when one of your tunes shows up in shuffle mode and it feels seamless.. Ah, I coulda been a contender!
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by sadaist View Post
      Question to you guys in bands that have actually recorded a cd.....

Do you roll around town listening to your own albums? I've always wondered about the famous rock bands and if they are cruising around listening to their own shit. And if you do, is it to groove to it or pick it apart and analyze?
      I only do when I am in the studio for the drive home to hear the work so far. Otherwise I don't. ...However I did go on a long road trip a couple months ago and I did listen to all of the cd's my old band Midline made. But yeah, I have a hard time and I do like you said and pick it apart and can't enjoy it much unless it was done a looong time ago then I can actually hear it like I was not in the band.
      Last edited by SNIPER; 04-28-2012, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VAiN View Post
        I've done a bit of home recording and from time to time it's fun to just crank it in the car and rock out.. Another fun thing is when one of your tunes shows up in shuffle mode and it feels seamless.. Ah, I coulda been a contender!
        Good point. Its cool in the shuffle because you did not pick it. And also from time to time my current and old band get radio play and then I can actually crank it up and enjoy it.

Comment

• Karin Comes Killing with Sniper playing in Washington tonight...

Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Hey guys, thought I'd upload some of my solo stuff I've been working on. I take a lot of inspirations, Dave is a big inspiration for my singing, not that I sound anything like him, but he's just someone I look up to.

Anyways here's a track off the album I just released -
            Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Heres one called doomsday off the same album, dark track -
            Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

the first single off the new cd -

Couple of old tracks from the last CD - http://soundcloud.com/russdiapper/12...r-aint-no-rich

A cover of big trouble that me and a mate did, vocals arent much good I know that, I had the lurgy, but it was still damn good fun! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WC0OMcl9vk - I wouldnt mind going back and re-recording the lyrics to be honest, kinda rushed job but hope you can appreciate it.
            ''I wanna let me be your knight in shining pick up truck, Do me a favor and lose the dress...but keep the shoes!''
            www.russdiapper.com - https://www.facebook.com/TheRussDiapperBand

Comment

• Originally posted by theshapecool View Post
              Hey guys, thought I'd upload some of my solo stuff I've been working on. I take a lot of inspirations, Dave is a big inspiration for my singing, not that I sound anything like him, but he's just someone I look up to.

Anyways here's a track off the album I just released -

Heres one called doomsday off the same album, dark track -

the first single off the new cd -

Couple of old tracks from the last CD - http://soundcloud.com/russdiapper/12...r-aint-no-rich

A cover of big trouble that me and a mate did, vocals arent much good I know that, I had the lurgy, but it was still damn good fun! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WC0OMcl9vk - I wouldnt mind going back and re-recording the lyrics to be honest, kinda rushed job but hope you can appreciate it.
              NICE! "Trust Me"= very cool indeed
              sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Thanks so much parts. I'm really happy with the song and it is a personal subject. glad you liked it :-)
                ''I wanna let me be your knight in shining pick up truck, Do me a favor and lose the dress...but keep the shoes!''
                www.russdiapper.com - https://www.facebook.com/TheRussDiapperBand

Comment

• Not my work but this is my bro of 25 years and former band mate (singer) from the early 90's.. I found this on you tube. He is just fucking around here but I have to share this because I think he kicks major ass.
                  Last edited by SNIPER; 05-30-2012, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Dude's got pipes...!
                    Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• we really have to get this shit rocking again, soldiers!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ashstralia View Post
                        we really have to get this shit rocking again, soldiers!!
                        I agree..I'm a new PT interface away from being back up & running...
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• My rig is really kind of simple. The main head is 100 watt Nady. It sits on the floor behind the Marshall cabinet. I would place it on top of the Marshall cabinet but it makes the combo amp unstable on top to due the height. So the combo amp on top of the Marshall cabinet just simply makes it look bigger. It is a “live” combo amp used for back-up on the fly. On the back of the Marshall combo amp both speaker connectors are unplugged. They are run into a Behringer AB200 Dual A/B Switch Pedal and it sits on top of the Nady head. The Nady head runs into the same switch. The Behringer runs into the Marshall stereo cabinet. 8 Ohms. The speakers break up nicely this way and provide a pretty close KISS tone.

The Nady head runs a clean channel and I run the guitar through a Boss DS 1 distortion pedal that adds a little bite and it’s also always on. This allows me to switch heads on the fly and I keep the volume low on the combo head so I don’t get a big “click” if I need to kick it on and turn it up as need be.

That’s really it. I have a wireless so I can move around. It’s a Sampson 77 concert wireless I think and I like this because I have broken two of the “bug” transmitters. The pack is actually taped to a leather belt that I wear.

The main guitar that I use for this is a Sovereign Pro Paul Stanley model. It has Grover tuners and a bound neck that plays pretty well for rhythm and its neck through the body. And I really only use the rear pickup which is a Dimarzio super distortion. It’s pretty hard to knock it out of tune and it has had some work done on it. Strap lock, new nut, tail piece and that’s just from use.

The picture of the show that you see is from a Disney resort hotel. And their sound system was incredible as I’m sure you can well imagine. They had the best monitors and monitors to the side that you couldn’t see it gave us a nice side wash.

Your rig or rigs are probably twice as nice, better put together, and probably have less noise! LOL. But for this simple gig I really have to KISS (keep it simple Stanley)

You can fire away on my equipment and that's OK. If you have better ideas it would be cool to hear them but I'm not getting rich from the trib act. heh
                          Last edited by jacksmar; 07-19-2012, 04:28 PM.
                          A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksmar View Post

The Nady head runs a clean channel and I run the guitar through a Boss DS 1 distortion pedal that adds a little bite and it’s also always on. This allows me to switch heads on the fly and I keep the volume low on the combo head so I don’t get a big “click” if I need to kick it on and turn it up as need be.

You can fire away on my equipment and that's OK. If you have better ideas it would be cool to hear them but I'm not getting rich from the trib act. heh
                            I've mentioned this before, somewhere around here. I use the BOSS SD-1 as well, but to tell ya the truth, the BOSS ODB-3 Bass OverDrive unit is much more effective. For one thing, it includes an equalizer feature not available on the guitar pedal. It is also a heck of a lot muddier in tone, which sounds amazing when you crank it up on Sabbath tunes. It's pure sludge, but remarkably punchy. For the type of music your band plays, it would be a perfect fit for some of those heavier KISS tunes.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksmar View Post
                              You can fire away on my equipment and that's OK.
                              Nah, wouldn't do that. If you're satisfied with the tone your rig produces, that's cool. My point was/is you (still) don't have room to criticize my or anyone else's playing as you repeatedly have in other forums.

If you have better ideas it would be cool to hear them but I'm not getting rich from the trib act. heh

OK, here's a suggestion: Go to Home Depot and get the materials to build a couple of dummy stacks. Not very expensive, or even heavy to lug around, and would vastly improve the stage presentation...especially that of a KISS tribute, where a visible combo amp onstage is kinda... blasphemous.

You should still post an MP3 of something that isn't a Kiss cover, though.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• You can't get the white plastic Marshall logos at Home Depot.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...
                                X