Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no, but you can source them. i knew a bloke (non muso) surname of marshall who built himself a marshall letterbox... way cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by ashstralia View Post
      no, but you can source them. i knew a bloke (non muso) surname of marshall who built himself a marshall letterbox... way cool.
      Well they just press in so go to Guitar Center with a stiff putty knife and pry a few out. Just go with a cute chick in short cutoffs and have her drop things and bend over to pick them up as a distraction.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• OK, let's not be advocating theft here, that's lame. The logos are inexpensive and available for sale at Guitar Center.
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• took the words right outta my mouth, j.

from memory they're not very expensive.

Comment

• Here's some goofery...

If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Here's a link to an article on Floyd Rose set-ups I did for Seymour Duncan:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/ti...ur-floyd-rose/

I also was asked to interview a young Irish shredder named Sarah Michelle...

http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/ba...arah-michelle/

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Good stuff , and it's cool to see a young lass playing , my daughter has started and they need more female role models ... I know there are some out there but more wouldn't be a bad thing ...
                Any hoo cool work and it's always good to see our people doing well and making a living when it comes to music
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Yes. And clue your daughter in to Orianthi, if you have not already. The former Michael Jackson guitarist is now the lead guitarist in Alice Cooper's band and is a totally smoking hot badass on guitar!

Comment

• Hey Jay, cool articles. I have never owned a Floyd Rose guitar. I have 3 Kahler Pro's though. Did not intend on having one over the other. Just that my 2 JB Player neck-thru Strats had the shitty Korean copies made out of crappy potting steel. They both broke, and so I had to get replacements....the real deal.

Then my best friend bought a Fender Lead I brand new in 1980 and had a Kahler Pro put on it. By 1988 he had fallen on hard times, had sold it to some guy who never finished paying it off.

Then in 1997 I walked into a pawnshop and they had it on the workbench with it's guts all hanging out. They said the pickup was messed up or some crap. I knew the manager of the pawn shop. I offered him $175 as it was. Told him he did not even need to put it back together. He said yes. So I have 3 Kahler Pros, lol.

Thing is, I think they are better for me to have anyway. As I tend to beat the living shit out of my strings when I play, and the Kahler Pros are not as easily knocked out of tune as Floyds can be. Note I said "can" be, lol.

Comment

• Thanks. Btw, if you set a Floyd up correctly, it will NOT go out of tune unless the neck shifts...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
                        Here's a link to an article on Floyd Rose set-ups I did for Seymour Duncan:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/ti...ur-floyd-rose/
                        Question for the expert.

I recently put my Ibanez RG 550 in for a professional set up. It's an old Japanese made one and a decent guitar but there were a few bits and pieces I wanted tidying up.

Anyhoo it came back restrung with the ball ends still on and at the tuner end. This seems odd to me but the guy in the shop said it was their standard practice on FR trems.

I've since restrung the guitar myself and did it their way but whereas it never went out of tune ever before I feel like I'm now having to make minor adjustments.

My imagination? What's your thoughts guru...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                          Question for the expert.

I recently put my Ibanez RG 550 in for a professional set up. It's an old Japanese made one and a decent guitar but there were a few bits and pieces I wanted tidying up.

Anyhoo it came back restrung with the ball ends still on and at the tuner end. This seems odd to me but the guy in the shop said it was their standard practice on FR trems.

I've since restrung the guitar myself and did it their way but whereas it never went out of tune ever before I feel like I'm now having to make minor adjustments.

My imagination? What's your thoughts guru...?

I see a lot of people string their Floyds like that and I wonder why, since the ball-end of the string allows for slippage as the loop holding it to the stupid ball stretches...I prefer to cut the strings at both ends.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Yeah I'm going back to doing it that way too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                              Yeah I'm going back to doing it that way too.
                              Just follow the directions in that article and you should be fine. Change 'em one at a time if you're not blocking the trem and you don't have to re-float it every time.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
                                Thanks. Btw, if you set a Floyd up correctly, it will NOT go out of tune unless the neck shifts...

Oh I know.

Comment

Working...
                                X