• Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
    Is that not just the roth army
    Lmao.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's funny how when someone gets obsessed with their hobby they assume that everyone else would be too.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
        At the Duncan factory this week..saw the machine the 1st PAFs were wound on, as well as the Frankenstein prototype pickup. What did YOU guys do today?

A relatively fragile elder woman in a wheelchair came by my place today, being pushed about rather indifferently (and undignified) by a pay-by-the-hour nurse. The woman looked morose. She inquired about some books on Japanese art, yet instead of pointing out their location, I told the "nurse" to take a break, and I proceeded in wheeling the old girl about. Within a few minutes, she was laughing her tail off, as I staggered about getting used to the damned thing. Next thing ya know, I'm pulling wheelies (needed to navigate the cramped aisles and turns), her laughter getting louder by the minute. I managed to locate several books on the subject she was seeking, including a beautiful coffee-table sized volume of images. I returned her to the front desk, checked out her books and released her to the nurse, who gave me a look of complete shock upon viewing the difference in the formerly lifeless form she'd shuffled into the joint.

As they were leaving, the old woman made the nurse stop. She wheeled about on her own, gave me the sweetest smile I've ever seen and simply said "Thank you" in all but a whisper.

It's indeed funny how ten minutes can sometimes carry you through a month or so of sheer, purely unadulterated, utter horseshit. Every so often, you get the opportunity to make a difference. Trust me, it's worth taking the chance. Sure, you can (and will) more often than not end up stepping on your crank while wearing work boots. So when things work, it merely makes the victory all that sweeter.

(Fuck me, my feet have not touched the ground ever since, so I had to post this somewhere. )

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Mushroom
          Commando
          • Jul 2009

So much for not glossing over it.

At the Duncan factory this week..saw the machine the 1st PAFs were wound on, as well as the Frankenstein prototype pickup. What did YOU guys do today?

Cooked a kilo of meth, started a fire, slapped a hooker, shot a john, evaded the po po.

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

^^^thank you. Brought tears to my eyes. You made that woman's day...if not year.

You have my utmost deepest respect, sir...and yes, THIS is something to brag about. Far more important than interviewing celebrities that those not in the industry have never heard of.

♥♥♥

Oh fuck...this is for Craig, not Mush...
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Mushroom
              Commando
              • Jul 2009

So much for not glossing over it.

Seriously, Finished drilling a 6000 ft deep directional well for 400 Fahrenheit brine. 5 MW of geothermal renewable energy ready to hook up. And before you start Angel, no fracking was used.

Comment

• Mushroom
                Commando
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Angel
                ^^^thank you. Brought tears to my eyes. You made that woman's day...if not year.

♥♥♥

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

Good work Craig. When I take my friends mother to doctor appointments I see these professional nurses wheeling in their clients and sometimes you can tell that can barely stand each other. Sometimes it's because the client is just a grumpy person that treats everybody like shit but sometimes it's just because the nurse hates their job and takes it out on the client. It's hard to be nice to someone who treats you like shit while you're trying to help them. But it's just a hard to be nice to someone helping you when it's obvious they'd rather be doing anything else but that.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mushroom
                    Lol, I don't think you made that hookers day...:p

Comment

• Anonymous
                      Banned
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      A relatively fragile elder woman in a wheelchair came by my place today, being pushed about rather indifferently (and undignified) by a pay-by-the-hour nurse. The woman looked morose. She inquired about some books on Japanese art, yet instead of pointing out their location, I told the "nurse" to take a break, and I proceeded in wheeling the old girl about. Within a few minutes, she was laughing her tail off, as I staggered about getting used to the damned thing. Next thing ya know, I'm pulling wheelies (needed to navigate the cramped aisles and turns), her laughter getting louder by the minute. I managed to locate several books on the subject she was seeking, including a beautiful coffee-table sized volume of images. I returned her to the front desk, checked out her books and released her to the nurse, who gave me a look of complete shock upon viewing the difference in the formerly lifeless form she'd shuffled into the joint.

As they were leaving, the old woman made the nurse stop. She wheeled about on her own, gave me the sweetest smile I've ever seen and simply said "Thank you" in all but a whisper.

It's indeed funny how ten minutes can sometimes carry you through a month or so of sheer, purely unadulterated, utter horseshit. Every so often, you get the opportunity to make a difference. Trust me, it's worth taking the chance. Sure, you can (and will) more often than not end up stepping on your crank while wearing work boots. So when things work, it merely makes the victory all that sweeter.

(Fuck me, my feet have not touched the ground ever since, so I had to post this somewhere. )
                      Pfffft. How many views or listens did THAT have?

None, I bet. That was completely pointless & a waste of time, Chef.

These days, credibility is measured by numbers on a web page. You, my friend, are a complete zero. Bow to your betters.

Excuse me while I do the same. All hail the living room artists.

Cheers!

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel

It's okay, I liked his story.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                          These days, credibility is measured by numbers on a web page. You, my friend, are a complete zero. Bow to your betters.

Cheers!
                          HE IS GETTIN' "THANKS" BUILDING HIS "REP POWER"
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            Are they using that old winder from the old Gibson plant to wind the Seth Lover pickups on?
                            Yep, and the Antiquity series.
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              AND you were getting paid? Fuck. Some "hobby".

What do you mean "the Frankenstein prototype pickup"? One that's coming, or one that has already come out?
                              The one that went in the replicas. Might get something custom-wound for myself today, too.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

cool
                                Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 01-28-2014, 12:53 PM. Reason: boobs
                                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...