Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 The Show Your Work Thread - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Show Your Work Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Show Your Work Thread

As the title of the thread implies, here is a place to post your musical endeavors. Demos, completed tracks, video clips, (you name it) can all be deposited here.

In order to kick things off, here are three links to tracks my former band recorded for our 3rd (and barely distributed) album. That's me on bass, keyboards and snatches of rhythm guitar.

The first track is called "Fantasy", and was written before I joined the band. It was our third crack at getting the song recorded, and I still don't believe we got things right. Look, I love how the bass highlights and probes the melodic line forward, I just believe the guitars make the mix sound muddy overall.

FANTASY

This next tune is pretty much a re-write of Van Halen's song "Mean Street". It also features a rather pointless bass solo, but what the hell...it sounds OK. Inexplicably, the distorted tone I used throughout the tune suddenly drops out right after the solo. Don't blame me, I didn't mix the damned thing.

FEED ME

When the album was released, we didn't exactly light up the radio dial. Oddly enough, one of the few places we actually got some airplay was in France. This track, which evolved from a garage jam between myself and one of our guitarists, is one of the few almost punk-like numbers in our catalog, so maybe that accounts for something. Then again, the French seem to consider Jerry Lewis as a master thespian, so what the hell do they know, anyway?

MEDICATED

I have some instrumental demos up at MySpace, as well.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 02-04-2011, 04:56 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Yeah.....as soon as I figure out an anonymous FTP or such....I'll post!
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...=1#post1519258.
      Last edited by Hardrock69; 02-04-2011, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Gotcha......
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Here's one...

OK, I'll start off with a solo acoustic track I did around 2000 or so with a semi-crappy borrowed acoustic and the old ADAT...

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=8271708

That's actually one main track of acoustic, a secondary one subtly hinting at/enhancing the chord structure, and I added some volume swells of the root notes on a bass to thicken it up a bit....
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

OK, I'll join in...

Here are some original demos that I made at home on the Mac using Apple's GarageBand software. I play the guitars & bass and build the beats using sampled loops. There are no vocals on these tracks, as I am not a singer, nor am I very good with lyrics/melody...

My ultimate goal with these is to hand them off to a singer and have him put lyrics to them. The tracks are a little thin sounding, but pretty crankable. Overall I'm very happy with the end result. Not bad for living room recording sessions. I'm looking forward to hearing what you all think....

Steady
            This tune is recorded on my Tele tuned down about 2 steps... The back half of the solo features some backwards guitar with delay. I think it's pretty damn cool sounding, and I'm very happy with this one overall.

aFoot
            Another one done with my Tele. on this track, I was testing if I could use a 'RockBand' USB mic in the Mac - and, as it turns out, I can! I used the mic to record the acoustic guitar. This is also one of my personal favorites.

Dirt Rock
            This was the first complete song that I did with Garageband. This is done with my Seafoam Wolfgang Standard. This one is a bit darker, with a nasty main riff, IMO.

Humid
            Loud, fast & stupid. I really dig the driving main riff. A simple enough tune, but a straight ahead rocker. This was recorded with my EBMM EVH...

Blister
            Not too sure how I feel about this one... It has potential and some fun parts.. I basically threw a few riffs together and this is the end result. I layer 2 leads at the end to make it interesting...
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Here's an embed (that actually works consistently) of the live drunkfest Zep cover I posted in the other thread....

If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Damn Jay, you are a monster of a player!
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by VAiN View Post
                  That's What The Ladies Say Too.
                  First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by VAiN View Post
                    Why thank you, kind sir! You should hear me when I'm sober...

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    That's What The Ladies Say Too.
                    How rude.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

First off, let me "preface" this post by saying.....Fuck Craig for starting this thread and fuck Hale for contributing to it......all you other contributers...fine job! Except for that DiamondJimi idiot....seriously, if I knew who that guy was, I'd post his personal information
                      Free me

Download kwame k - Free Me

Shame

Download kwame k - Shame

Channel 5

Download kwame k - Channel 5

G

Download kwame k - G

Daylight

Download kwame k - Daylight

Detriot Queen

Download kwame k - Detroit Queen

Forget Slow

Download kwame k - Forget Slow
                      Last edited by kwame k; 02-05-2011, 01:51 AM.

Comment

OK, since there was some debate in the drum track thread about drummers playing to clicks and still...grooving, for lack of a better term, I (quickly) attempted to clean up an MP3 of an ADAT recording of a tune I did in '02 in Pro Tools ...but figured it'd be more suitably posted here...

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10241180

That's my friend Steve playing, to a click, in the living room of my old house... IMO not sounding robotic. Never got around to getting vocals on it because I didn't think the last 3 cover band singers I've worked with had...uh...in one case incarceration issues (did not see that coming...LOL), or shall we say...non-suitable ranges... I played all the guitar parts and the bass. The dirty rhythm tracks are my Mesa-Boogie (same one in the vid) and the clean tracks were done on one of the first or second generation Line 6 PODs....

Oh, and fuck you too, Kwame!
                        Last edited by jhale667; 02-05-2011, 04:38 AM.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

yeah, that acoustic thing you posted is really good j.

haven't checked out the rest of the music here yet. as you guys all know, it's summer over here with the associated
                          global warming problems of cyclones, floods, and lack of bananas.

i have so much stuff but i'm a complete luddite as to how to put it here. if someone would be so kind as to pm me with a
                          general idea of how to upload? thanks!

Comment

Here ya go, Ash.........goto http://www.supload.com/ towards the upper left hand corner there's an audio link and follow it from there.....it's free!

Comment

This is funny. 1983 One of my my first High school bands

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

Working...
                              X