X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ashstralia
    So do you live in one of those caravan parks where your whole house is a skinny metal apparatus on wheels? And the outhouse is literally the outhouse. Used by at least 1400 people every day.
    Nope. I've already started a thread explaining my sleeping arrangements. We have porta potties here but outhouses are fairly hard to find nowdays in the US. Someday you'll have indoor plumbing and you'll get rid of yours.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• ashstralia
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Feb 2004

I remember as a kid in the 70's there was still a dunny man in these distant areas.. Imagine that for a shit job. And the boiler needed to be stoked if you wanted anything resembling hot water in the next day or two..

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Dismal how? It's common knowledge you Scots don't go to work till sometime Tuesday afternoon.
        It's been raining here for about 3 weeks.

It's true I do usually take Monday mornings off to ease more gently into the week...

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

I remember as a kid in the 70's there was still a dunny man in these distant areas.. Imagine that for a shit job. And the boiler needed to be stoked if you wanted anything resembling hot water in the next day or two..
          When I was a kid in the 60's in Oklahoma we had relatives that lived in the sticks that still had outhouses. They used corn cobs to wipe too. I lived on a ranch with indoor plumbing at the time. I'm assuming the dunny man is what you call the shit sucker. If you don't live where they have sewers you have to use a cesspool and it has to be pumped every few years. When it does you call a shit sucker to pump it out. If they get too full they overflow or your plumbing backs up. If you catch a whiff when a shit sucker's sucking shit you'll probably blow chunks. Some people live near the shit ponds where they take the shit and it smells almost as bad.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

The dunny man came around twice a week, replaced your full cans with fresh new empty ones. None of this below ground tank storage rubbish.

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
              Let's get absolutely real here - who invited you (or Sesh, or Elbow, Von, Angel, or anyone else talking shit in this thread) to NAMM this week again, Socky? Riiight. Who's footing your hotel bill to come visit them based on what, your couch dwelling - the week after? Yeah, that's what I thought.
              Talk shit all you want, once any of you can match my work ethic - until then, STFU.

I'm not a musician...why the fuck would I be invited? You're no different than anyone else attending a conference that pertains to their chosen profession. Yours just happens to be of interest to those outside of the profession.

You're doing what few get the opportunity to...follow their dream. You think because of that you are somehow better than others. Well, you're not.

Who the hell are you to question anyone's wotk ethic...or think perhaps yours is somehow better? I work full-time, go to school full time, and work with adults with complex physical disabilities...addressing barriers to their inclusion in everyday society...and I manage to do all that without resorting to belittling others, especially those less fortunate than I.

You come off as though you think your shit don't stink. Well, I've smelled it, and it reeks!
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                It's been raining here for about 3 weeks.

It's true I do usually take Monday mornings off to ease more gently into the week...
                How do you stay sane? 2 weeks of that shit when I went home last Xmas and I was ready to murder somebody...anybody!
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
                  Note if you review what happened, DJ complimented my last post, questioned the guitars used, to which I responded. Then douchebag talked smack to DJ, because he can't resist the urge to be a dick. Which I pointed out. Then Lounge agreed. Conspiracy! Then you have Angel and Sockfucker coming out of the woodwork, also unable to resist the urge to be douchey.

You wanna assign blame? It falls squarely on those three.

And 100+ plays of "Clique Mob" in 6 weeks says fuck Von's opinion of it.
                  Damn. Can't even have a little fun around here anymore, without it getting all serious, and everyone getting their feelings hurt.

I guess when I make a semi-sarcastic comment, I should explain myself.

My intention was not to bash JHale's playing. I don't like the production. I know JHale hates the drum machines, and so do I. To me, that recording doesn't sound anything like a band, and I know it's not.

I can't play the guitar as good as the worst guitar player (Elvis ) on this site. I'm still on the first page of Roy Clark's Learn How To Play Guitar book, that I started 40 years ago!

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Oh, I'm sure I beat Elvis as the worst guitarist around here.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

I talked to my mail man on Saturday.
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                        I talked to my mail man on Saturday.
                        Oh my God!!! Can I kiss your feet???

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                          Oh my God!!! Can I kiss your feet???
                          Only if I can give you a reach around.
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

If ELVIS wants to call me a smug cunt then he has exactly as much say in doing that as I do in calling him that back.
                            Actually, I believe Elvis called you Smugmeister, which I think is nothing short of genius!

It's important that people talk shit to Von - in fact he likes it.
                            I wouldn't have it any other way Sesh!

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                              Only if I can give you a reach around.
                              Where's the strap-on?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Angel
                                How do you stay sane? 2 weeks of that shit when I went home last Xmas and I was ready to murder somebody...anybody!
                                What I do is find someone on the internet who lives in a nicer climate and then start an argument with them...

Comment

Working...