• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or if Kristy will sing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
      Or if Kristy will sing...
      It would be a bit more ironic if she sang Zep's "Kashmir".

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondjimi View Post
          Speaking of talented MF'ers can wait to hear J's stuff with drums on it. C'mon J, get it happenin dude!
          Workin' on it, bro....and thanks!

Originally posted by Diamondjimi View Post
          I've brought this up amongst a few of us. Would be cool to put something together. Maybe if we can round up the funds, could hire Kwame to play drums on the project.

To pull it off, we'd basically have a plan. Record and mix the drums to a stereo track, and use "Yousendit.com" to pass it around. Talk about preferred keys and riffs. Each guy would record their part/s and share a rough mix (mp3). All tracks must be done as wav.
          Mp3's are easier to pass around quicker.
          I'd be happy to get something going with y'all!

We could sort of treat it as The Army version of the Hear 'N Aid sessions. Only it would be a long distance thing....
          This would be totally cool...we SHOULD try to pull it off someday!

Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
            Workin' on it, bro....and thanks!

This would be totally cool...we SHOULD try to pull it off this weekend

agreed
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
              agreed
              OK, let's start with the basics: In the spirit of CVH, I suggest whatever we come up with, the guitars should be tuned to Eb.
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

OK, let's start with the basics: In the spirit of CVH, I suggest whatever we come up with, the guitars should be tuned to Eb.
                Agreed!

But one thing, let's not follow their work ethic.
                Seriously though, we need a game plan. Is it simply gonna be a case of Kwame tracking a groove and passing it around and have one of us write some riffs and changes on top?

Idea's, anyone?
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Number one, you need a roster of players. Who will be involved and what are their roles? Then, it would be a good idea to discuss exactly what you wish to accomplish here. Is this to be a full creative collaboration, or is it going to be a bunch of guys sitting side by side exchanging guitar solos over a basic riff? (Nothing wrong with that, just think about the second side of Abbey Road and the "Golden Slumbers" jam amongst John, Paul and George.)

Next, in the spirit of democracy, it would be cool if there were say, three choices of tunes to be recorded. This way, people could be in some form of agreement about how they could individually fit into a song and where they could comfortably place things as opposed to merely forcing their style over a particular passage or riff that does feel quite right. So you could have a ballad, a mid-tempo number or a flat out stomper, and everyone could go away, listen to them and think about what they could best contribute. Finally, a vote would be passed in order to conclude what the majority feels best about.

After that, it's merely a matter of time and logistics.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• I think a new thread might be in order as not to derail this one....

Here... The Roth Army All Star Band Jams thread..

Comment

• ...Back on topic...lol. Finding the best way to not have CPU issues with Pro Tools at the moment is to, once I'm satisfied with the Boogie/Recabinet 3-mic deal, I need to immediately bounce it (printing the cab emulations, but for this one only kept the EQ on the D6 tracks) to a stereo track. I dumped 6 mono tracks to 1 stereo on "Bubble", and replaced the original mono PODfarm track with one redone in stereo. Nice interplay, IMO. I could've played with them in the stereo field a little more or less, but not bad for a first bounce...

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10610659

Still need to come up with something spooky for the clean track to do in the breakdown and repeat the original part at the end, but coming along nicely...and NOW a file that's easy to work with again!!

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Still need to come up with something spooky for the clean track to do in the breakdown and repeat the original part at the end, but coming along nicely...and NOW a file that's easy to work with again!!

Maybe try something with a Rotovibe effect. It can be groovy and spooky.

I Like your balancing of the D6 cab mic. I found in my sessions I had to back it off a wee bit to leave frequency space for the kick and bass gtr. But it still has the oomph...

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondjimi View Post
                          Maybe try something with a Rotovibe effect. It can be groovy and spooky.

I Like your balancing of the D6 cab mic. I found in my sessions I had to back it off a wee bit to leave frequency space for the kick and bass gtr. But it still has the oomph...

Was kinda thinking the same thing...alter the effect for the mid-section, punch back in with the original clean tone when it turns back around at the end...
                          And thanks, but funny you should mention the D6, I was thinking maybe I should've backed off on it a bit...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• This is kind of goofy. The original lyrics I came up with described a Henry VIII-type figure who habitually killed off his latest wife when bored with her, yet gets the tables turned on him by his current (and last) wife and the court jester. The "Royal Flush" alluded to in the title tells what she did with his head. Believe it or not, the song wasn't nearly as gruesome as that description makes it sound.

We only played this tune (without our singer) the one time after several beers, then abandoned it. I'm not really sure as to why, but it might have sounded a bit too derivative, as even a cursory listen reveals that I must have been listening to Zep's Presence a great deal around the time I wrote it. I dunno if that was the real reason, as we sure never shied away from being derivative of bands like Alice In Chains or Creed in this period.

Last edited by chefcraig; 05-07-2011, 02:56 PM.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Chef, the mid-section reminds me of the "Barney Miller" theme in a good way...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• I hear ya on that. This was when I was still using that short-scaled SG bass, before I smashed it to pieces after it failed me one too many times. The damned thing really lent itself to over-playing at times, but really was terrific for melodic lines. The thing is, as our guitarists got louder and louder, I needed something to cut through the din, and switched to the hot-rodded Explorer I've used ever since. However, listening to these old tracks, I seriously believe I either sacrificed or simply lost something along the way.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...
                                X