X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Well, I wound up needing to convert the tracks to an mp3 using audioonline by first uploading it there, then uploading it again to Tindeck. This is a real pain in the ass, and takes forever.

This is another, earlier take of the track "Fantasy". The sound is altogether rawer, and is a bit faster. I'd have preferred the final take to be somewhere in between the two, but we never got around to doing it.

Last edited by chefcraig; 05-25-2011, 08:14 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• SunisinuS
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • May 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
      Apparently, Myspace is currently having issues with it's music player. Neither yours or mine is working, nor any of the other folks I've tried over the past few hours.
      Maybe it is for the best lol.
      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ashstralia
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Feb 2004

i had to use another host site for aiff. hope this works.
        back in the early noughties, i did a lot of work for a video production co. mostly tv ads and doco's.
        here's a 30 sec ad for a drag racing meet. i had no idea how thoroughly i'd ripped off a certain bald italian american ibanez player....

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

it appears the aiff format takes up too much space? as i said i'm a complete novice at this...

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by ashstralia
            it appears the aiff format takes up too much space? as i said i'm a complete novice at this...
            Yeah, you'll want to convert those to mp3's. Are you on a Mac? If so, iTunes will convert it for you...
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
              Yeah, you'll want to convert those to mp3's. Are you on a Mac? If so, iTunes will convert it for you...
              yeah vain, it is a mac. i'll figure out how to do it, i've got a lot of stuff on cassettes too. most of us old farts do, i guess
              thanks for the advice guys!!!!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

I don't seem to have any problem with mp3 links. /shrug. First tune was made in the style of Faith No More for my friend that was a fan of theirs and was going through a break up. The 2nd was a Jingle for a local Internet company, the Guitar there is supposed to be tinny and messy
                Last edited by SunisinuS; 02-08-2011, 02:25 AM. Reason: Yipee.
                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ace diamond
                  Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                  yeah vain, it is a mac. i'll figure out how to do it, i've got a lot of stuff on cassettes too. most of us old farts do, i guess
                  i've still got plenty of those, and tons of vinyl too!
                  Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                  When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                  "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                    I don't seem to have any problem with mp3 links. /shrug. First tune was made in the style of Faith No More for my friend that was a fan of theirs and was going through a break up. The 2nd was a Jingle for a local Internet company, the Guitar there is supposed to be tinny and messy
                    Got link?
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• lesfunk
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Question for DJ or somebody who knows Mac. How to up load from My Itunes?
                      I am a moron when it comes to that shit. Well, not really, I just never bothered to learn.
                      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Sorry bro, I'm PC guy....
                        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by lesfunk
                          Question for DJ or somebody who knows Mac. How to up load from My Itunes?
                          I am a moron when it comes to that shit. Well, not really, I just never bothered to learn.
                          You can't upload directly from iTunes, but here's what you do to prep: Fire up iTunes...
                          Find the track and right click, or control click, the track and scroll down a little to 'Show in Finder'.
                          This takes you to the track... now you know where it lives. This is where you will point to when uploading. Typically, it's in a folder called 'iTunes Music'. It's usually something like your HD > Users > YOU > Music > iTunes

If you need to convert them to MP3, go to your iTunes preferences, click 'import settings' under the 'general' tab and select MP3. With your track selected, go Advanced > convert to MP3. The MP3 version will live with the original file...

If this sounds confusing, there's help here too: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1550
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                            Got link?
                            Cry Life's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                              You can't upload directly from iTunes, but here's what you do to prep...
                              Outstanding, and thank you so much. This info just made the process much less like trying to remove a tooth with a hole punch and a hammer (don't ask).

This is another early track recorded for our second album. We rerecorded a handful of these tunes for the third release, but this one was discarded. I'm really not altogether certain why, perhaps we felt it a bit primitive and red-necky. The track features the by now patented dirty bass sound I preferred then, and still do. Essentially, we ran a chord from the control room that split into two other rooms, each containing an amp. One was set to a clean, buoyant tone, the other to either an overdriven guitar amp or my bass amp with a distortion pedal. Rather than running direct to the board, we'd mic the cabinets from a few feet away, giving a fuller "room" sound. When mixing, I could then fade between the two tracks to get the proper level a tune required: a cleaner tone for the ballads, a much more harsher tone for the rockers. I initially got the idea from an interview in a guitar rag with Sting, who would do pretty much the same thing using both an upright bass and his electric.

Don't Get Defensive
                              Last edited by chefcraig; 02-08-2011, 09:46 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• SunisinuS
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • May 2010

Lol Sorry my music does not suffice. Rock On The Mighty VH. No Punk Rock. Enjoy.
                                Last edited by SunisinuS; 02-08-2011, 11:50 PM. Reason: Faith No More. Sheep on. Done with the Inbreeding. You all pat yourselves on the backs too much.

Comment

Working...