X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

thanks j, i know i'm not the worlds best singer, i just like singing. usually i just put a scratch vocal on there so the real singer can hear what i had in mind... like your good self, i'm more into the harmonies. that's what i really loved about jackass' 'kick it around'.

Comment

• jackassrock
      Head Fluffer
      • Sep 2004

Thanks guys. I sang all the vocals on that one. I'm not a huge fan of my voices tone, but like Zappa said, "I can hit the right note about 85% of the time".

And our name has never been a problem, probably cause there's no money to be made by suing me. We did have it before the show came out though.
      It's a shame that families should be torn apart by something as simple as....wild dogs

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

I feel the same way about my voice. I have a decent range, (3 octaves), but I never sing, so if I began rehearsing, I would be croaking within a couple of hours. It would take me a couple of weeks to get the strength back so I did not blow my voice out....
        And that is coming up soon, as I have half a dozen songs with the instruments done, just need to start singing.

I don't like the tone of my voice either though. Not enough highs to cut cleanly through a mix.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

HR, I think your voice kicks ass... Has an (early) Halford quality to it !

There's some talented motherfuckers on this board!
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Speaking of talented MF'ers can wait to hear J's stuff with drums on it. C'mon J, get it happenin dude!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

has a roth army build a band thing ever been discussed? think of the jam session we could have at the bbq!!!
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

I've brought this up amongst a few of us. Would be cool to put something together. Maybe if we can round up the funds, could hire Kwame to play drums on the project.

To pull it off, we'd basically have a plan. Record and mix the drums to a stereo track, and use "Yousendit.com" to pass it around. Talk about preferred keys and riffs. Each guy would record their part/s and share a rough mix (mp3). All tracks must be done as wav.
                Mp3's are easier to pass around quicker.
                I'd be happy to get something going with y'all!

We could sort of treat it as The Army version of the Hear 'N Aid sessions. Only it would be a long distance thing....
                Last edited by Diamondjimi; 05-03-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

i'll hook up kwame with some nugs, he'll be in.
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

yep, I can be bought for cheap!

I've been doing collaborations with people as far away as England and it's really easy to share files nowadays....I'm in!

I mentioned before about doing live jams over the internet....there's free software out there and the technology has gotten to the point where there's no lag or latency issues. It's been awhile since I used it but remember it doing a decent job.
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Let's get something goin man!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah count me in.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Bombastic !

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

Excellent!
                            Originally posted by vandeleur
                            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• lesfunk
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Mr. Bombastic!
                              http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

mr. excellent

Comment

Working...