X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Keystroke delay

Has anyone else noticed a significant delay in the appearance of text characters after you type them?

Oddly...it is not happening now as I post this thread.

But it does happen alot when I post replies in existing threads, and its a real pain in the ass.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Sounds like the graphics from the page haven't fully loaded when you started to type.

Trying hitting Stop on your browser and then type.

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'll get that from time to time on my computer here at work when it's overloaded... I typically give it a restart and I'm good to go.
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
          Has anyone else noticed a significant delay in the appearance of text characters after you type them?

Oddly...it is not happening now as I post this thread.

But it does happen alot when I post replies in existing threads, and its a real pain in the ass.

Thanks.
          Happens to me all the time. This and if I get to much text in a reply the cursor jumps aroung and I can't get it to stay at the bottom.

P.S. I have complained about this before and no on gave a shit.
          Last edited by Jagermeister; 06-23-2011, 10:14 AM. Reason: eat shit

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
            P.S. I have complained about this before and no on gave a shit.
            Here's the deal: The latest version of vBulletin™ (the platform the ARMY and several other sites runs on) has software issues large enough to pilot an aircraft carrier through. For many complicated reasons, certain browsers can not read it properly. The resulting breakdowns have lead to server difficulties worldwide, but nobody seems to be in much of a hurry to repair them. The problem became so bad that Internet Explorer took the unprecedented step of creating an add on called compatibility view in it's latest browser versions. In the meantime, servers are becoming overburdened and are failing sites using the platform, which explains the annoying repeating cycles and double-posting many users are experiencing.

Firefox has had incompatibility issues with Adobe for three years now, making the viewing of Flash based web sites (such as Youtube) an exercise in futility, but strangely enough, little if anything has been done to correct that problem, either. So the truth is, other than waiting for the assorted browsers and vbulletin to iron out their issues, there ain't a whole hell of a lot individual site owners can do.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Is it mainly people at work using Internet Explorer that are having this problem?

Hasn't happened to me using Chrome.

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Let's put it this way: For a while there, I honestly believed the municipality had put some kind of cheap-assed filter on our computers that barely functioned, as I couldn't view the site at all. Then came the new IE package and an upgrade last November, and things have been erratic as hell ever since. At home (using Firefox or Chrome), outside of slowly loading pages at vbulletin sites, I rarely have issues at all.
                Last edited by chefcraig; 06-23-2011, 12:54 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  Is it mainly people at work using Internet Explorer that are having this problem?

Hasn't happened to me using Chrome.
                  ie at home and i get the delay, chrome at work, never.
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

IE has been shit for years.

Comment

• Anonymous
                      Banned
                      • May 2004

I just pooped in to laff in yer faces & tell you I never had any troubles with the Army, not with me XP nor 7. Didn't have them with Vista, either.

Not counting the times it was down and/or giving the white screen of death, of course.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• SunisinuS
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • May 2010

Only way I get around it is to write everything in notepad and then paste into the post. Molasses is not my style.
                        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I write all of mine on lavender scented sheets of papyrus and then send them by airmail to Conmee who types them directly into the database.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Had the same keystroke problem when running IE. Switched to Firefox and haven't seen it since.
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Jagermeister
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Really!

This fucking place is so damn slow all the fucking time. FUCK! It takes 30 seconds form the time you click on something for it to even start to load and then you are lucky if it does load.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • May 2010

Lately things have looked up. I salute you for getting ready for the deluge. Last 6 weeks or so (or maybe I am just too busy to be on), it appears that the stie* is working better.
                                Last edited by SunisinuS; 07-14-2011, 08:28 PM. Reason: *Mis speeling for affects. hehe.
                                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Working...