Sam Quote For The Week: "It Was A Complete LOVEFEST"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meanstreet

Sam Quote For The Week: "It Was A Complete LOVEFEST"

OK. We all know that there was/is much LUV in Van Shagar. However, Sam just REALLY confirmed what we've known all along.

Holy shit, I still can't believe he said this:

"So, you don’t know until you go head-on, and we went head-on, and it was like a complete love fest. It was just, ‘Wow, I really miss this friendship, and then, of course, like Al said, once you start playing music, it was all over."

UP FOR LUNCH
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Actually it was a Cheesefest.

Watch the Chedheads in action
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• minkahed
        Roadie
        • Jan 2012

Yeh, I see Sammy taking it hard from Michael.

Not so much from the sisters tho ...
        Hot dog and a shake

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

What period is he speaking of? It has to be 2004 because he says he really missed the friendship. And with all the shit he has spewed about 2004, and the condition we all know EVH was in....no fucking way. Fat fuck is lying again.

DLR - "I don't need so much to remember. That's how it is when you tell the truth."
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
            What period is he speaking of?
            Who knows? The initial post originates from 2004, and includes a dead link. Matters little, if anything, since Hagar has repeatedly put his foot in his pie-hole to this very day.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Halen High
              Commando
              • Jul 2004

"you don’t know until you go head-on, and we went head-on"

This line reminds me of the kind of lyrics he comes up with...oh man, imagine if he'd stayed on after 2004 and had gotten his hands on what became ADKOT. Be thankful for what we've had since 2007...

Comment

• Halen High
                Commando
                • Jul 2004

"...and then, of course, like Al said, once you start playing music, it was all over."

Yep...can't argue with him on that. Once they started playing Up For Breakfast, it was over alright.

"Wow, I really miss this friendship..."

Lol...I assume he said this BEFORE the '04 tour.
                Last edited by Halen High; 08-11-2013, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• Coyote
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
                  "you don’t know until you go head-on, and we went head-on"

This line reminds me of the kind of lyrics he comes up with...oh man, imagine if he'd stayed on after 2004 and had gotten his hands on what became ADKOT. Be thankful for what we've had since 2007...

Unfortunately, that reminds me of "only time will tell if we'll stand the test of time".

(I dare claim it should've been "...if we'll make it 'cross the line", but that probably would've sounded "too Dave" back then... )
                  Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Halen High
                    Commando
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Coyote
                    Unfortunately, that reminds me of "only time will tell if we'll stand the test of time".

(I dare claim it should've been "...if we'll make it 'cross the line", but that probably would've sounded "too Dave" back then... )
                    HA HA! If only Clunk Head Hagar had thought have that!

Comment

• Silexxx
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Sep 2010

Here's the Cheese Head talking about Dave and VH once again.

With all the collaborations on this album, would you ever do a duet with David Lee Roth?
                      [Sighs]

I know, that's probably a shitty question.
                      No – but it's so hard. It's so hard! Because, probably, if he came to me, fuck yeah. I'll do anything. But to go to him and put myself in that vulnerable position, I would get probably the wisest fucking crack that ever came out of his mouth. I don't think Dave wants to sing with me. I don't think Dave wants to be in the same room with me, to be honest with you. I don't know if I intimidate him or if I piss him off or if he just flat don't like me, or if he's afraid of me. I don't know what it is, but he and I do not get together. We tried. I gave it every shot I had on that tour. And I could care less. I mean, I'm totally over the guy.

As a matter of fact, the whole idea of Van Halen – people ask me all the time, "What if Eddie called you up and asked you to be back in that?" I just hope he doesn't do that. I'm so past it, and I'm so happy and proud of what we did, I wouldn't want to tarnish it again like that '04 tour. And now what they're doing, acting like I was never in that band, just playing all that early material . . . How can they do that?

But Dave can't sing it, so what the fuck. It is what it is, and I'd just as soon let it be. Let them finish it off in their own way, and whatever happens, it's all good. I would love to be friends with those guys. Michael Anthony is one of my dearest friends, and I don't see why Ed and Al shouldn't be that, someday, in our lives. But until then, it's all fine.

I don't want to go backwards anymore. At my age, I have a hard enough time rehearsing and playing those old songs at a rehearsal. And I certainly can't go back and listen to them. I just want to keep moving forward, and I'm so anxious to play my new songs in the set that the thought of going back and playing with a band that hasn't recorded since 1994 or something like that – ewww. That sounds painful to me.

You don't want to go back and re-tarnish. Van Halen was so great and is so special for the time that they had their reign, that to leave that alone – they're smart, in one sense, in that they don't do a lot. When they do, everybody's horny again: "Oh shit, I got to go see it again!" I'm proud of being in Van Halen. I really am. I'm really proud of that time in my life. It was great shit, man.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2brOq74Pj

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Coyote
                        )

Like the dumb NFL player:

"If it was not for football, I would not be playing football today"
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

that fat fuck can't help himself.

He could have just said, "no". A one-word, or maybe one-sentence answer. But he has to word barf for 5 minutes about it.
                          David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                          — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I don't understand why he feels he's gotta be friends with Ed and Al. They shit on him, he took Ed out on tour in '04 knowing it could be a disaster...how the hell would they sit around and be cordial to one another?
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx

You don't want to go back and re-tarnish.

You guys catch this line? So he admits he tarnished it the first time around. Good for him for finally realizing that.

Comment

Working...