Thread: 2011 Daytona 500

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Question 2011 Daytona 500

This is an interesting read by David Whitley from Fanhouse.com. He doesn't come right out and blatantly accuse the sanctioning body of manipulation, but he sure comes close as hell.

Smells Like NASCAR's Cookin' Up Storybook Win for Dale Jr.

By David Whitley

NASCAR is asking 200,000 fans to honor Dale Earnhardt this coming Sunday. On the third lap, everyone at the Daytona 500 will be asked to extend three fingers.

The announcer might as well say, "Everyone who thinks Dale's son will win, please raise your hand."

The smart money is on Junior. So is the dumb money, the Confederate money and every other bit of currency. Ten years after Dale Sr. died at the track, who doesn't think the Earnhardt stars are aligning?

"I don't really get into that hypothetical, fairy-tale ending stuff," Junior said.

He would like to earn his way into victory lane. Others suspect Earnhardt will do it the old-fashioned way – by relying on the script writers NASCAR hired from Disney.

I normally dismiss conspiracy theorists as having moon rocks for brains, but this isn't Dealey Plaza or Area 51. This is Daytona International, where a second gunman always seems ready to shoot out the tires of Earnhardt's competition.

I'm speaking theoretically, of course. In reality, Earnhardt just won the Daytona 500 pole fair and square. Same thing when he drew the pole position for last Saturday's Budweiser Shootout. That came a day after the lights went out during practice.

Rumor has it NASCAR quickly installed a trap door on Turn 2. It will swallow every car not driven by a Wrangler jeans spokesman.

"Things are certainly lining up an interesting way," Jeff Gordon said. "I mean, (Earnhardt) pulled the pole for the Shootout, won the pole for the Daytona 500, the lights went out the other night. Some strange activity happening around the Daytona 500 right now."

He doesn't really buy into the conspiracy theory. But drivers don't have to be accomplices to make this one work. NASCAR inspectors can simply pretend they don't see that 1.21 gigawatt Flux Capacitor under the hood of the No. 88.

I'm not accusing anyone of aiding and abetting. It's just that this sport seems to have a way of producing perfect winners.

It needed an Americana moment at the 1984 Firecracker 400, when Ronald Reagan became the first sitting president to attend a race. I'll be darned if Richard Petty didn't finally win his 200th race that day.

Fast forward to 1998, when NASCAR was kicking off its 50th anniversary season and Earnhardt Sr. was running his 20th Daytona 500. What a fine time for The Intimidator to finally win the big race.

After he died in his No. 3 Chevy, who better to win the first race back at Daytona five months later than the Little Intimidator? Junior charged so fast at the end you'd have thought his restrictor plates weren't so restricted.

"I knew going in the No. 8 car was going to win this race," Jimmy Spencer said. "Something was fictitious."

"You don't go by yourself on the outside and make that kind of time up," Johnny Benson said. "But it's okay. It was good that Junior won."

Spencer later apologized, sort of.

"Problem is, I speak what's on my mind. Other people don't," he said. "I would say probably 75 percent of the garage was saying that."

When Little E wins, NASCAR wins. Being the circuit's most popular driver has certain privileges. Like at Talladega in 2004, when he appeared to drive below the yellow line while making a late pass to win. NASCAR didn't penalize him and refused to show the video replay to media after the race.

Was he getting special treatment?

"The great ones, unfortunately, always have to get that label," NASCAR boss Brian France said.

Little E was never great, but at least he was competitive when he drove for his father's old DEI team. Since moving to Hendrick Motorsports in 2008, Junior has one more win than Lee Harvey Oswald. He comes into Daytona on a 93-race winless streak.

The burden of proof isn't on the conspiracy theorists. It's on Little E to prove he can win without outside help. When it comes to that, the outside help sure knows how to pick its spots.

Earnhardt's only win last year was in the Nationwide series race at Daytona. He drove a special No. 3 car in honor of dear old dad.

All that's just a prelude to this year's Dale-palooza. The Intimidator is looming larger than ever, so strange things are bound to happen.

Like the lights flickering out, fans giving a 600,000-finger salute and a driver who can't win suddenly roaring around the track in the fastest car.

That driver may not believe in fairy tales. Luckily for him, NASCAR does.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Why is it that I'm not surprised if that actually happens.......
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Neckcar is like the WWE. The same hilljacks that watch Neckcar, watch the WWE.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can't fucking stand articles like that...like a guy like Earnhardt doesn't have to deal with enough failure...that his potential win at Daytona is already questioned...

Now...if the guy wins...regardless of how...he does it with a couple of nudges and a couple of winks?
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The thing is, NASCAR has a long history of "precious moments" that could have been manufactured, opening the sanctioning body up to conspiracy theories. In Richard Petty's last Daytona 500, his car (which at the time was far behind competitively due to financial woes) suddenly gets on the outside pole for the race. For the rest of the season, Petty started damned near dead last, so how did that happen? Same thing last year with Earnhardt Jr. driving a car that was a replica of his dad's yellow Wrangler machine, the car known for the infamous "pass in the grass" against Bill Elliot. Again, a car that had not been close to being competitive somehow manages enough horsepower to blow past everyone in the field and capture the victory.

To an extent, Von has a point about the WWE. Not with regard to the fan base, but with the perception of what appears to be scripted outcomes of key situations.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Scripting a Daytona 500 finish?

Seriously?

I know you have watched Daytona in recent years...hell...since restrictor plates...

There's no fucking way you can script that race because of the 2 to 3 big ones. The difference in all of his Daytona and Talladega wins were he had a partner that pushed the shit out of him, and that DEI restrictor plate program was the best of the bunch...

Earnhardt won the 500 in 2004. Wouldn't it have been MORE perfect to win in 2002? I know his car had issues...

What about 2003? He led 22 laps...but was a lap down when the race was rain shortened. DEI driver Mike Waltrip won. I remember conspiracy theorists talking about that one as well...how it wouldn't have been called for anyone but Waltrip.

Earnhardt won the 2001 Pepsi 400...being pushed by Waltrip...weren't they 1&2 at Daytona earlier...when pops died? That's the one race I could see being "rigged" to some extent, but again...it would have to be the perfect scenario. His car was strong...as it was for nearly every restrictor race back then..and for a few years after...

As for last year...who gives a fuck about nationwide...

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i like nationwide's new car bodies....
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Scripting a Daytona 500 finish?

Seriously?
    Of course not, the point I'm making is toward the perception of such things taking place. As we speak, NASCAR is falling all over itself in an attempt to slow down the cars for the racing on Thursday and Sunday. Think about it, what other "sport" changes and revises it's rules on an almost weekly basis? Does the NFL change the length of the field or narrow the goal posts days before a contest, or does baseball change the amount of innings taking place (other than by acts of nature) during a game? That sort of flexibility, the notion that the event can be directly impacted for the loss or benefit of a competitor by it's very sanctioning body is what the conspiracy theorists hang their collective hats upon. Hell, the article even mentions drivers who believe some sort of "fix" was taking place in the past. (Yeah, the example of Jimmy Spencer was pretty weak, seeing as he will never be known as the sports biggest brain, but you get the drift.)

Look, the reality of the situation (as with all conspiracy theories) makes it impossible. There are simply too many moving parts, if you will, in order to pull it off. But that isn't to say that the suspicion does not exist, and NASCAR's questionable integrity, along with it's at times dubious credibility over the years plays right into that.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 02-16-2011 at 10:31 AM.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ...and NASCAR does favor certain drivers. Doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to see that.

I guess after Senior's death NASCAR has slowly been going downhill, IMO.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    After he died in his No. 3 Chevy, who better to win the first race back at Daytona five months later than the Little Intimidator? Junior charged so fast at the end you'd have thought his restrictor plates weren't so restricted.

"I knew going in the No. 8 car was going to win this race," Jimmy Spencer said. "Something was fictitious."

"You don't go by yourself on the outside and make that kind of time up," Johnny Benson said. "But it's okay. It was good that Junior won."

Spencer later apologized, sort of.

"Problem is, I speak what's on my mind. Other people don't," he said. "I would say probably 75 percent of the garage was saying that."
    I remember that Pepsi 400 race from 2001 like it was yesterday, no doubt in my mind it was fixed for JR.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    I remember that Pepsi 400 race from 2001 like it was yesterday, no doubt in my mind it was fixed for JR.....
    You also have to question the hierarchy of NASCAR, which has a thread of southern-styled family propriety more or less...err, inbred. For instance, shortly before Davey Allison's death, his wife was carrying on a very public affair with country singer Joe Diffie. Nothing appeared in the press or in the various NASCAR related media, even after Diffie performed at Allison's wake. So it is possible to view a certain amount of fixing taking place every so often, but the nature of competitiveness, along with so many people needing to be in on things can make you draw the conclusion that for specific events, results can be manipulated, but for it to take place on a grand scale would be just short of improbable.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If there was a conspiracy theory, wouldn't jimmie johnson not have won shit in regards to a nextel/whatever cell phone company cup X5.

Dude's hated by Nascar fans and doesn't have near a big a fanbase as say Jr., Stewart or even Gordon. He's also almost, unmarketable to the n-th degree with the lack of any sort of personality, be it the Villian (Busch) or the good ol' boy (Earnhardt).

Why would you want him as the face of your league?
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post
    If there was a conspiracy theory, wouldn't jimmie johnson not have won shit in regards to a nextel/whatever cell phone company cup X5.

Dude's hated by Nascar fans and doesn't have near a big a fanbase as say Jr., Stewart or even Gordon. He's also almost, unmarketable to the n-th degree with the lack of any sort of personality, be it the Villian (Busch) or the good ol' boy (Earnhardt).

Why would you want him as the face of your league?
    Like I was saying, the general conspiracy would only cover selected events, that everyone involved would agree as being beneficial to the sport. This obviously could not be upheld for the true competition, as there are too many factors to consider.

Having a bland, non-threatening guy as a champion is merely a bi-product of that competition. If Stewart or Harvick (or pretty much anyone else) had that Hendrick team behind them, I'm pretty much convinced that they would be holding up the trophy at the awards banquet at the end of the past 5 consecutive years.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Great. This same guy (Brian Tuohy) just happens to be promoting a speculative book about fixing. Here, he goes on about NASCAR.

Is the fix in for NASCAR's Daytona 500 race?

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Like I was saying, the general conspiracy would only cover selected events, that everyone involved would agree as being beneficial to the sport. This obviously could not be upheld for the true competition, as there are too many factors to consider.

Having a bland, non-threatening guy as a champion is merely a bi-product of that competition. If Stewart or Harvick (or pretty much anyone else) had that Hendrick team behind them, I'm pretty much convinced that they would be holding up the trophy at the awards banquet at the end of the past 5 consecutive years.
    I just would argue that, it just would not be in Nascar's best interest to just "fix" limited events and happen to have someone like Johnson dominate, via how the Chase is set up.

Having a guy like Johnson as the face of the league is bad business and sort of damages what NASCAR could be. Having Jr. win the 500 is rather temporary in exposure.

And we'd be foolish to think that a good number of games have been fixed in some manner. I think the NBA is probably the numero uno culprit in this.

http://deadspin.com/#!5392067/excerp...nt-you-to-read

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Great. This same guy (Brian Tuohy) just happens to be promoting a speculative book about fixing. Here, he goes on about NASCAR.

Is the fix in for NASCAR's Daytona 500 race?

Looks to me as though he's stretching it a bit...

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't necessarily think it's rigged for the whole season or to pick a champion but it is rather suspect when a last minute rule change seems to benefit one team over another.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's a moot point now, as Junior has smashed up his car and will start at the rear of the field.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Crashes in Practice, Will Start Daytona 500 in Back

By Holly Cain
    Senior Motorsports Writer Fanhouse

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s Daytona 500 pole-winning Chevy was involved in a crash Wednesday afternoon and sustained enough damage that the team had to go to a back-up car and will now have to start both Thursday's Gatorade Duel qualifying race and Sunday's Daytona 500 from the back of the field instead of from the front.

Earnhardt's No. 88 AMP Energy Chevy was riding second in a two-car draft behind Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jimmie Johnson when they slowed to avoid traffic. The two cars behind them -- Martin Truex Jr. and Brian Vickers --- didn't react quickly enough and Truex hit Earnhardt from behind, sending both cars into the inside wall.

Because of the unique qualifying format for the Daytona 500, only the two fastest cars officially "qualified" for the 500 during Sunday's time trials -- polewinner Earnhardt and second fastest Jeff Gordon. NASCAR rules state that if a driver has to switch from the car he qualified in, then he must drop to the rear of the field for the green flag. When that happens, the third place starter -- which will be determined in Thursday's Gatorade Duel 150-mile qualifying race -- will move up into the first position alongside Gordon for the start of the Daytona 500.

Earnhardt, who had won his first career superspeedway pole, said he had a bad feeling about even running in the rain-delayed practice Wednesday.

"We've got the pole-sitting race car, we didn't need practice,'' an obviously frustrated Earnhardt said, 'I had a fast car and I didn't want to practice it.

"I had a bad feeling about it and we come running up on some guys that didn't have their heads on straight and got into an accident.''

And now, "Get the next one ready,'' he said shaking his head.

According to a team spokesman, the back-up car Earnhardt is using in Wednesday's second practice session has not been tested this season. The team was transporting the car he wrecked in Saturday's Budweiser Shootout back to Daytona Beach as a back-up to the back-up. It had been on its way back to Hendrick Motorsports in Charlotte, N.C.

"Well, we've got plenty of race cars,'' Earnhardt said. "I ain't worried about how fast we'll be or whether we'll be as good. We'll be fine. But you know, it never feels good tearing them up."

Earnhardt, who drew the pole position for Saturday's Budweiser Shootout 75-lap non-points event, was hit from behind by Carl Edwards about a third of the way into the race and finished that night in the garage.

"Just feeling a little snake-bit right now because I don't feel like I was really at fault in any of them but we just keep getting in them,'' Earnhardt said.

Truex, who also had to switch to a back-up of his No. 56 NAPA Toyota, came over to speak with Earnhardt as their crews looked over their cars. The two spoke and Earnhardt patted Truex on the back before they parted ways. Earnhardt owned the car that Truex drove to the 2004-2005 Nationwide Series championships.

Johnson came over to look at Earnhardt's car following practice and sounded nearly as frustrated as Earnhardt.

"That was so avoidable, that didn't need to happen,'' said Johnson, whose No. 48 Lowe's Chevy was not damaged at all in the melee.

"It's a new game. and we had enough experience in the Shootout and practice to know the spotter's job is far more important and covers a lot more areas than it ever has.'
    '

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's a moot point now, as Junior has smashed up his car and will start at the rear of the field.
    Maybe so, but in the '01 race, it was like the parting of the Red Sea to give JR the win...

Let's see if that happens again....

As far as Johnson goes, why the hell couldn't he be the face of NASCAR ?

Because just like Gordon, he ain't a redneck.... And that sentiment will never change with the good 'ol boy fans.....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe so, but in the '01 race, it was like the parting of the Red Sea to give JR the win...

Let's see if that happens again....

Because just like Gordon, he ain't a redneck.... And that sentiment will never change with the good 'ol boy fans.....
    If I remember...there was a wreck with 10 or so laps to go...and they started racing with six or seven left, and Earnhardt was either top five, or just out of it once the race started. It took him a lap or maybe two to get to the front...but I don't think there were any good drivers up there. Spencer was up there...Mayfield...and a bunch of other middlers...

Not to mention the fact that...as I said before...DEI clearly were the best restrictor race racers at the time. Once Junior got to the front of that race...Wallace...or Labonte when he was still with Gibbs...gave him a run...but MWaltrip ended up behind him...and I think he gave him a major push with about a lap-and-a-half to go...

There's NO WAY those middlers moved out of the way for E...hell....most of them were bitching about the fix...which was ironic...since THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONES clearing like the red sea. Junior got lucky with the wreck...and he undoubtedly had more horsepower than the other drivers...especially on the restart.

There is a question about Stewarts black flag...and I suppose you could make a case that Junior's car was far superior...

I do think Tony Stewart was up there...and the real questionable piece to that race was I think he was given a black flag for dropping below the yellow...

Everyone knew that if Michael Waltrip could get up front behind him...nobody was going to pass the both of them...

I don't know...

I know I thought it was a fix then...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I never watched Nascar when Earnhardt Sr. was dominating...other than the big races...and I didn't like him in the least. The first race I remember watching clearly was the race in which he died...in '01...and I became a fan after that...

agreed about Johnson and Gordon...but while you can argue that those two were the faces of Nascar for the past seventeen years...they'll never be liked...so they'll never be the face...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't even think it's the "Redneck" side of things, as to why people hate the guy.

Tony Stewart is a northerner, and the Busch Brothers are both from Nevada, Ryan Newman hails from Indiana and is a Purdue Boilermaker.

All three have a decent fanbase within the sport, and I could see being well liked. Hell, I'll throw this out there, people don't hate Gordon as much as they did, and feel he's earned a bit of street cred in a way.

The problem, is just the lack of personality with the guy.

I think maybe the closest comparsion (and this is sort of stretching it) is Tim Duncan to the NBA. Nobody, except those whom live in the city of San Antonio, a few basketball purists and a couple asshole journalists, really like to see him and the Spurs as possibly the dominant team in the league or in a finals matchup with a lesser opponent. When you're watching NBA basketball, you want to see the sort of guys who make just amazing plays, like Dunks and just jaw dropping three point shots. Fundamentals? It's nice and all, but fuck that. And as an asteriks, I dig duncan and respect the spurs, but wouldn't watch a spurs-______ finals if you'd pay me.

Same with Nascar in a way. You don't want to see Johnson walk away with the Cup after dominating at some bullshit tracks no one gives a shit about. You want someone with a bit of an attitude, and with a bit of a chip on their shoulder, everytime they walk on that track.

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    you know what, it's the 10th anniversary since D.E. Sr. died in turn 4, and i think he wants to finally be proud of his son.
    Although I have always been a supporter of Dale Sr. and Dale Jr., I think he and all else can feel the prescense of "The Intimidator"
    on Daytona track. Dale Sr. Will Be Mighty Proud Of His Only Son On Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by hideyoursheep View Post
    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    ...and NASCAR does favor certain drivers. Doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to see that.

I guess after Senior's death NASCAR has slowly been going downhill, IMO.
    NASCAR has slowly gone downhill since they started moving event from the "traditional" sites near the homes of the "traditional" fans, (i.e. Nashville, etc.) and moved races to Vegas, Chicago, etc., to "help promote the sport" (i.e. get more sponsorship money).
    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvioDante View Post
    NASCAR has slowly gone downhill since they started moving event from the "traditional" sites near the homes of the "traditional" fans, (i.e. Nashville, etc.) and moved races to Vegas, Chicago, etc., to "help promote the sport" (i.e. get more sponsorship money).
    Yeah...leaving places like "The Rock," that went from two races to zilch...could be construed as a mistake...but the place just never sold out. Now...come to find out that there was a massive presence from Cup teams to leave the Rock without a race...because now it gives the teams a full fledge track that they can test on whenever they want (on real tracks, you can only test in windows, and only have certain amounts of tests)...

I do think moving away from the base hurt NASCAR...but I think it COULD have worked had they not made all the changes in a two or three year window...had they created a ten or fifteen year plan (so it actually looked like they planned ahead for these things, and didn't wake up and say..."Shit...let's get rid of Rockingham...and...I know...add a spoiler"), it may have worked out better. The rotation of TV didn't help either. They should have just given the rights to fox. ABC and ESPN's coverage isn't good or bad...which is worse than bad...and having races on cable has always been a mistake...

since many rednecks can only get the game on the 1971 tuber with tin foil...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shit...if Earnhardt wins now...from last place?...

It's an even BETTER story...

People don't like Gordon because he won a bunch out of nowhere, and didn't get along with Earnhardt. You could make a case that Gordon's entrance into NASCAR began a bit of a slide for Big E...and he wasn't quiet about his dislike of Gordon...the faggot rainbow warriors car didn't help...

People don't like Johnson the same way they don't any team that dominates anything...and the fact that he's eternally connected to Gordon. When he came on the scene, Gordon owned half the car. Not sure if he does now...

Stewart isn't a redneck...but he's certainly as close as you can get to being one without actually being one...and being like Foyt hasn't hurt him either...

Do people like Ryan Newman?

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    People don't like Gordon because he won a bunch out of nowhere, and didn't get along with Earnhardt. You could make a case that Gordon's entrance into NASCAR began a bit of a slide for Big E...and he wasn't quiet about his dislike of Gordon...the faggot rainbow warriors car didn't help...
    I can not tell you the number of grown, mature and functioning adults that told me with a straight face and utter conviction they had heard (on good authority) "evidence" that Gordon was caught with a male crew member in a compromising situation sometime in the nineties. Considering the immaturely homophobic and despicably shameful manner in which most NASCAR people turned their backs on Tim Richmond after he'd contracted the "fag" disease AIDs, I didn't put much (if any) stock in the stories. No matter how far away the sport attempts to distance itself from it's past, there is still a huge amount of redneck ignorance running through it, to an appalling degree.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can not tell you the number of grown, mature and functioning adults that told me with a straight face and utter conviction they had heard (on good authority) "evidence" that Gordon was caught with a male crew member in a compromising situation sometime in the nineties. Considering the immaturely homophobic and despicably shameful manner in which most NASCAR people turned their backs on Tim Richmond after he'd contracted the "fag" disease AIDs, I didn't put much (if any) stock in the stories. No matter how far away the sport attempts to distance itself from it's past, there is still a huge amount of redneck ignorance running through it, to an appalling degree.
    Yeah...heard that too...but you and I both know that it's based on the rainbow warrior shit...

Gays must have the hottest wives...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah...heard that too...but you and I both know that it's based on the rainbow warrior shit...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    cue the horseshit "Hurrr Johnson is such an amazing driver, and one of the greatest champions ever, lets have all these atheletes congratulate him"..

...Bullshit, It would be like a team being named the NFL Champion after winning against the lions and browns around 5 times in the last season*

Fuck the Chase.

*To clarify, I am meaning by the tracks at the end of the chase are not as difficult than racing at say, daytona or talladega.
    Last edited by Unchainme; 02-20-2011 at 01:01 PM.

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Chick on top looks like a fine ass Winona Ryder....

About a million years ago....
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yo DLoc...I can't get past "fine ass..."

anything past is just icing...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Did Jeff Gordon really just say..."I'm just trying to figure out if we're a pusher or a puller..."

Really Jeff?

Really?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And lookie who's in 2nd place already after starting last....

Junior...

The fix is in....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Harvick...out...damn...

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Big crash.......

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah...you know how much those race drivers like to lose...I'm sure they all sat in a meeting and said...

"You know what...yeah...let's let Junior win the biggest race of the year..."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Big crash.......
    Not there yet...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    alright gentlemen...Ohio State is back on...I'll be back...and try to catch up...in a few minutes...

Thread Information