Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard and Diary Expanded Vinyl in April??

Oakland '81...WTF?
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Blizzard and Diary Expanded Vinyl in April??

Let's see where the Osbournes go with this one:

Ozzy Osbourne Named The Record Store Day Ambassador 2011

February 22, 2011

Record Store Day is proud to announce the appointment of Ozzy Osbourne as the Record Store Day Ambassador 2011. "I now have the power to command you to attend Record Store Day, April 16th. Be there!" Go to http://www.recordstoreday.com right now for a special message from the Ambassador himself.

As one of the most iconic figures in pop culture, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee and multi-Grammy winner Ozzy Osbourne has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide, approximately 50 million with his seminal metal band Black Sabbath and the rest as a solo artist, many of which were initially released on vinyl. On any given day you can hear Ozzy's music blasting at sporting events, in the movies, on the radio, in TV commercials, video games or on your iPod.

The folks at Record Store Day couldn't be more pleased than to have this true rock legend whose career has spanned four decades and whose music continues to be relevant today, as evidenced by 2010's SCREAM (Ozzy's 10th solo album, which entered the charts in the Top Ten in seven countries) and his in-progress 18-month world tour--as this year's ambassador. "The Record Store Day Ambassador's main purpose is to claim the mantle of greatness that conveys the majesty of the amazing array of releases made on the world's only holiday devoted to music. We were thrilled when the inaugural position was held in 2009 by the Eagles of Death Metal front man Jesse "Boots Electric" Hughes, and was then followed in 2010 by QOTSA/Them Crooked Vultures' Joshua Homme," says Record Store Day co-founder Michael Kurtz. "We really didn't know who could top this trajectory of camp and circumstance and, needless to say, we were gobsmacked when Ozzy stepped up to the plate."

Ozzy fans who come out to support Record Store Day will have the first chance to purchase a special 7" vinyl single of Diary of a Madman's "Flying High Again" (with a live version of "I Don't Know" as the B side), along with full-length vinyl versions of the newly expanded 30th anniversary editions of his Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman albums.

Long revered by rock fans around the world, Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman form the cornerstone of Ozzy Osbourne's career as a solo artist and include the groundbreaking union of Ozzy and the late guitar prodigy Randy Rhoads. These two albums created a template for hard rock in the 1980's and beyond. "Crazy Train," the first single from Blizzard of Ozz, has become one of Ozzy's musical signatures, a perennial on the rock playlists and as part of Ozzy's live performances. 30 years later, we are celebrating these releases and this special partnership.

For more information on exclusive Record Store Day events, products and participants, visit http://www.recordstoreday.com

Record Store Day is managed by the Music Monitor Network and is organized in partnership with the Alliance of Independent Media Stores (AIMS), the Coalition of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) and celebrates the culture of independent record stores by playing host to in-store events/performances, signings and special product releases on a global scale. Record Store Day takes place annually on the third Saturday of April.

Record Store Day Sponsors: Crosley Radio, EMI Distribution, Fontana Distribution, Furnace MFG, NARM, RED Distribution, Sony Music, Universal Music Distribution, Vivendi Entertainment, WEA Distribution, Alternative Distribution Alliance and Warner Bros. Records.

Courtesy of http://www.sleazeroxx.com and http://www.recordstoreday.com

Could be the start of something good, could be another let down...who knows??

T.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They are now selling us the thing that we all bought in the first place but that they stopped us buying for years?

It's like soap powder where they say 'New Improved Original'.

Maybe the audiophiles can comment but I always thought that the quality of a 7" was much less than 12" so is there any point at all in a vinyl single these days?

FUTUE TE IPSUM
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Expanded?

What does that mean?

Are we going to get bonus rehersal tracks or alternate takes?

I wouldn't mind having a CD copy of the "Live EP".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sitting on a park bench!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think they come with a booklet detailing all the cosmetic surgery for his wife the albums paid for.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Badguy View Post
    Expanded?

What does that mean?

Are we going to get bonus rehersal tracks or alternate takes?

I wouldn't mind having a CD copy of the "Live EP".
    How can you "expand" vinyl, unless adding a second record? The CDs could be a different story, including studio chatter and outtakes, like the bit of Randy working on "Dee" from the Tribute album. There were a few mentions at Braveworlds last year, but since then, nothing:

Exclusive Update: OZZY OSBOURNE - Blizzard, Diary 30th Anniversary Editions Due Out By US Thanksgiving; Randy Rhoads Video Footage Being Worked On

Rarities
    Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 17:52:56 EST

As previously reported by BLACK SABBATH News last week, 30th Anniversary Editions of OZZY OSBOURNE's first two legendary solo albums featuring the late guitarist Randy Rhoads - Blizzard Of Ozz (1980) and Diary Of A Madman (1981) - are due out later this year.

"They definitely are coming out this year," Sharon Osbourne told BraveWords.com a few hours ago today (May 19th). "They are coming out for (US) Thanksgiving and they will be on the market then. It's going back to the original recordings with (Bob) Daisley (bass) and (Lee) Kerslake (drums). And there will be a lot of stuff that you haven't heard before in the packages. Like certain conversations that were going on in the studio with the guys just messing around while the tape was still rolling. All of that will be added into it."

Ozzy added jokingly - "Do I sing good?"

Sharon - "Fabulous!"

There's also talk of some visuals in the archives with Randy Rhoads? "There's two shows that we have in the archives that we are working on right now," Sharon reveals. "Of course in those days, the tapes were like twenty minutes and then you had to change the tape. So we're trying to clean it up, make sense of it. So we are working on it, along with another film we have of Randy. It will all be boxed together and it should be a great piece to have for a real fan. It will be an amazing piece."

Since their initial release twenty-three years ago, Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of A Madman have sold over 10 million copies worldwide.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hmmm...

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wonder when they are going to stop talking about cashing on Randy and start doing it. I am sure they will fuck it up somehow.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well lets see. I have the Jet originals on cd. Then i have the first remasters on cd. Then i have the Epic fake versions. If they put a 4th version out on cd, you would think i wouldn't go buy it since if have 3 versions already. But i'll be the first dumb son of a bitch in the parking lot.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What else it there to do, get excited about a new Van Halen album without Michael Anthony ??

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    What else it there to do, get excited about a new Van Halen album without Michael Anthony ??
    Pretty much sums it up....
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Funny how there's zero information out there concerning exactly what is included in these so-called "expanded" editions of the albums. It will be the restored original versions of the recordings with Daisley & Kerslake, which is a good thing. Presumably they will throw in the one or two "rare" tracks from that era that have been floating around in cyberspace ever since the glory days of Napster. That wouldn't be much of an "expansion" though. I already bought the last REAL remasters of these albums, so I'm not giving Sharon more money if it's just for one or two songs that weren't all that spectacular in the first place.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The O$bournes will NOT see another dime from me. I will download the new/old shit ....

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

FUTUE TE IPSUM
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wonder what happened to the tapes from that 1980 show?

They wouldn't just have recorded three songs.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    sometimes there's a reason some songs weren't released. Those are not good, sound like throwaways.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I'm not so sure that was an entire show, yet a couple of tracks from it wound up on the Tribute album ("Goodbye to Romance" and "No Bone Movies"). The thing that always bugged me was I had recorded a live show that was broadcast on FM radio from a performance (I think was) in 1981. To this day I believe that a good portion of the show went on the Tribute album, mainly because both contained identical tedious drum solos. And I never could quite figure out why an album dedicated to Rhoads should have a drum solo in the first place.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 02-23-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, I used to have a tape of that show that was on the radio. It's definitely the same gig as Tribute, except Ozzy's entire vocal was overdubbed on the album, even his introduction of the previously mentioned Aldridge drum solo!

Of course "Goodbye to Romance" and "No Bone Movies" were NOT part of that broadcast, so it makes perfect sense that they were from another show. Also explains why they come after "Paranoid" on the album, which should have been the encore. It also means yet another uncredited appearance by Daisley and Kerslake on an Ozzy album. I'm actually shocked that Sharon didn't "remaster" Tribute as well.

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i still have the original jet records vinyl from 1980 and 1981.
    i even still have the cassette tapes.
    cd re-re-remasters, no thanks.
    i'll pass.
    are they ever gonna reinstate and re-issue to the available ozzy catalog"talk/speak of the devil" "the ultimate sin", "just say ozzy", "live and loud w/ shot in the dark", "the ozzman cometh w/ shot in the dark, and the 2nd bonus disc" that was only available with 1st pressing of it in 1996?
    even though i have all this stuff, it should not have been deleted from the available ozzy catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by hideyoursheep View Post
    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i still have the original jet records vinyl from 1980 and 1981.
    i even still have the cassette tapes.
    cd re-re-remasters, no thanks.
    i'll pass.
    are they ever gonna reinstate and re-issue to the available ozzy catalog"talk/speak of the devil" "the ultimate sin", "just say ozzy", "live and loud w/ shot in the dark", "the ozzman cometh w/ shot in the dark, and the 2nd bonus disc" that was only available with 1st pressing of it in 1996?
    even though i have all this stuff, it should not have been deleted from the available ozzy catalog.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrillsNSpills View Post
    YOU SAID IT ALL/YOU LOOKING AT ME
    These two should have been on the crappy Prince of Darkness box set.

I guess if some royalties trickle down to the band then it's all good but I won't be buying.

For a start I have nothing left to play vinyl on and who needs the hassle in this day in age.

What's next? Black Sabbath on wax cylinder?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Yeah, I used to have a tape of that show that was on the radio. It's definitely the same gig as Tribute, except Ozzy's entire vocal was overdubbed on the album, even his introduction of the previously mentioned Aldridge drum solo!

Of course "Goodbye to Romance" and "No Bone Movies" were NOT part of that broadcast, so it makes perfect sense that they were from another show. Also explains why they come after "Paranoid" on the album, which should have been the encore. It also means yet another uncredited appearance by Daisley and Kerslake on an Ozzy album. I'm actually shocked that Sharon didn't "remaster" Tribute as well.
    I still have the show...

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I still have the show...
    i have many ozzy/randy shows.
    some soundboards, some audience.
    i know i have at least 2 or 3 that are soundboard.
    minneapolis is a soundboard.
    "tribute" is the cleaveland show, i think.
    montreal is a soundboard.
    i have dec. 31, 1981 show, it's audience, and a damned good one, too!
    i have a picture of the band on stage that i took at long beach arena show
    after the band took their bows........ozzy, randy, tommy and rudi.
    i've only ever shown it to a handful of people.
    but i do still have it.
    i have never allowed the picture to be published.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How old are you again ??

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How old are you again ??
    He was 4 when the picture was taken.
    He won't allow it to be published because it doesn't exist.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

There was a page a couple years back with 3 or 4 shows of Randy, including the King Biscuit one (amazing), Tribute and even some QR.
    Shame it got taken down.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by indeedido View Post
    sometimes there's a reason some songs weren't released. Those are not good, sound like throwaways.
    "You said it all" was written during soundchecks and recorded onstage . "You lookin at me" was left over QR riffs. It was originally used as a B-side to Mr.Crowley. Never cared much for it. Though I've always liked "You Said it all" since I bought the EP when it was originally released...

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UHHRFIJF
    Randy and Ozzy King Biscuit

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ace diamond View Post
    i have many ozzy/randy shows.
    some soundboards, some audience.
    i know i have at least 2 or 3 that are soundboard.
    minneapolis is a soundboard.
    "tribute" is the cleaveland show, i think.
    montreal is a soundboard.
    i have dec. 31, 1981 show, it's audience, and a damned good one, too!
    i have a picture of the band on stage that i took at long beach arena show
    after the band took their bows........ozzy, randy, tommy and rudi.
    i've only ever shown it to a handful of people.
    but i do still have it.
    i have never allowed the picture to be published.

Dude, you're 33. How the fuck does a 3 year old toddler take a picture at an Ozzy show???

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My buddy was at the MN show in 82. He told me about it 10or 15 years ago how he thought he was going to miss it or be late because of snow. I picked up a copy of it at a record show and gave it to him just last week. He said he got goose bumps when he played it !! He said Randy was just awesome live.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    "You lookin at me" was left over QR riffs.
    The solo in particular was a direct lift from the Quiet Riot song "Breaking Up Is a Heartache" which they had planned for their third album, which was never finished. Quiet Riot did play the song live in their later shows, and eventually the "remixed" studio version saw the light of day in that compilation released by DuBrow in 1994.

The original version is on You Tube however. Goddamn DuBrow sounds gay here........

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dude, you're 33. How the fuck does a 3 year old toddler take a picture at an Ozzy show???
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Another original track from the aborted "Quiet Riot III" later "remixed" by DuBrow.......

33. 02-23-2011, 06:55 PM

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "You said it all" was written during soundchecks and recorded onstage . "You lookin at me" was left over QR riffs. It was originally used as a B-side to Mr.Crowley. Never cared much for it. Though I've always liked "You Said it all" since I bought the EP when it was originally released...
    I quite liked YLAM, I had it from the B side of the UK Crazy Train single. Good solo which FORD tracked to QR. (Didn't we have this same conversation already just a few months ago here?)

I don't think I knew about You Said it all until the someone mentioned it here about 10 years ago.

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    actually, i was 4 thank you.
    i was on my dad's shoulders.
    mom had won the tickets off of the radio.
    i don't recall what station.
    anyway, dad handed my the camera, he held me reall still up in the air, and i snapped the picture.
    i learned how to use a camera when i was 2 in 1979.
    my mom taught me.
    anyways, a few years ago, mom was going through some old shoeboxes of photos.
    she found this undeveloped roll of film in it, with my name on it, in dad's handwriting, no less!
    so in 2006, she developed the roll.
    then she told me about it.
    so i went to see her in august 2006, to help bury grandma's urn and and aunt pat's casket.
    grandma and aunt pat were sisters and wanted to be buried at thesame time.
    aunt pat first because she was older.
    grandma was murdered in 1996 and cremated.
    so while mom and were going through some old photo albums.......the pictures were in it!
    i asked mom if i could have a few of the pictures.
    i told her which ones i wanted.
    she said that was fine because i'm the one who took them any ways.
    she got to keep the ones she wanted.
    so since 2006, i have the only copy of that picture.
    now if only i could get dad to give me a copy of the picture of when i met and got an autograph from sandy koufax at
    dodger town in vero beach, florida the day before easter in spring 1989.
    his head was down and pen was on the paper while he was signing it.
    i'm on one side of sandy, and my then step brother danny on the other.
    i've only ever seen that picture once.
    sandy had his grey "away" uniform on.
    #32.
    really nice guy.
    the paper pad with the autograph, a steno notebook, unfortunately was thrown away in one of the times my dad moved during the 1990's.

anyways, there ya go.
    2 true stories for the price of one.
    betcha you don't ever ask me to splain nothin' ever again, fucker!!!
    fuck, i am very fucking stoned right now on legal madical reefer!!!
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!

<TvMG20colas#Dinlne%im thite#D22%Bi tGingn22 ubodere23D020albt23D22" usrc23D22%htt;A//www.othearmy.com/or%ms./imge=s/smiles%/011.gf usmilesd#D22'".<Atoned%-smily#A3C/P>%

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    betcha you don't ever ask me to splain nothin' ever again, fucker!!!

<TvMG20colas#Dinlne%im thite#D22%Bi tGingn22 ubodere23D020albt23D22" usrc23D22%htt;A//www.othearmy.com/or%ms./imge=s/smiles%/011.gf usmilesd#D22'".<Atoned%-smily#A3C/P>%
    Betcha nobody made it past the second line.

*wonder if that King Biscuit link works...* That was an intense show.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I read the first two and the last three and from that I can see it's a total load of crap...

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    so i went to see her in august 2006, to help bury grandma's urn and and aunt pat's casket.
    grandma and aunt pat were sisters and wanted to be buried at thesame time.
    aunt pat first because she was older.
    grandma was murdered in 1996 and cremated.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    tune in next week on Dark Shadows when Aunt Tillie returns from the grave to avenge the murder of grandma Diamond.

Kwame he keeps setting you up for the photoshops. lmao

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I bet ace would be good on Judge Mathis...

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrillsNSpills View Post
    He was 4 when the picture was taken.
    He won't allow it to be published because it doesn't exist.
    did you miss the part where i mentioned that i have that very picture here in my home?
    i know right where it is, too.

Thread Information