X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Rex Ryan guarantees that the Jets will win next season's Super Bowl

"I thought we'd win it the first two years," Ryan said. "I guarantee we'll do it this year."

It's really nothing new from the Jets coach, but you don't have to tell him that.

"I’m not afraid to stand up here and say we're going to get it done," Ryan said. "I’m going to try to will a championship. Anything it takes."
    Hehehehehe...

I love blowhards...it makes their falls that much more grand...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

"I’m not afraid to stand up here and say we're going to get it done," Ryan said. "I’m going to try to will a championship. Anything it takes."
    I wish him luck. I've been trying to will the woman in my avatar to my house for longer than Ryan has been a head coach, and still haven't succeeded.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
      I wish him luck. I've been trying to will the woman in my avatar to my house for longer than Ryan has been a head coach, and still haven't succeeded.

You too huh? Ever notice how redheads are either very ugly or extremely beautiful? Very rare to find a redhead that's just kinda hot.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
        You too huh? Ever notice how redheads are either very ugly or extremely beautiful? Very rare to find a redhead that's just kinda hot.

I suggest you try again.
        Last edited by SunisinuS; 02-24-2011, 10:17 PM. Reason: Saidist.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2009

I guarantee that Rex Ryan will continue to run his mouth until he gets fired, THAT will happen before a F-A-G-S SB win unless they replace Dirty Sanchez with a real QB.

Comment

• fifth element
            Commando
            • Nov 2010

i know that it is easy to get caaught up in the spirit of things...but to make a guarantee that there is no way that you can personally KEEP....
            I mean, what, he is going to do away w/ all of the competition during the offseason???

It simply seems to be a foolish thing for a Head Coach to do...and sounds more like a rookie player who hasn't yet learned to keep his mouth shut...lol.
            “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

On the other hand, it could be seen as a good strategy. With the CBA agreement still up in the air, there is no guarantee that there will be enough time to bring a team together during a possibly abbreviated training camp. Ryan could effectively be using statements like this to keep up the team's overall morale, and possibly give them something to focus on.

Then again, he could be simply bumping his gums. At this point, it's a coin flip.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• redblkwht
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

IMO Sanchez cant win the big one..He's another Tony Romo..
                He's good, but every single quarterback in the playoffs this year
                I'd take over him even Jay Butt-ler..lol

EUAS

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by redblkwht
                  It's an interesting point, when it comes down to who a coach decides to be the starting QB. I found it fascinating that one of the first things John Fox did in Denver was to announce that Kyle Orton, not Tim Tebow, would be his QB taking the snaps when the team hits the field. This goes to my point about Ryan leading the team through the media. (You can read the story here: Broncos new coach says Orton is starter.)

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by chefcraig
                    On the other hand, it could be seen as a good strategy. With the CBA agreement still up in the air, there is no guarantee that there will be enough time to bring a team together during a possibly abbreviated training camp. Ryan could effectively be using statements like this to keep up the team's overall morale, and possibly give them something to focus on.

Then again, he could be simply bumping his gums. At this point, it's a coin flip.
                    Any other coach other then Ryan or Belli-chick and I might agree with you on this one, my money is on "he is just being a loud mouth douche".

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2009

Sanchez is basically Jon Kitna, he can get hot and look good but the rest of the time he sucks.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

IMO Sanchez cant win the big one..He's another Tony Romo.l

EASY there big guy..Romo is a much better QB..

As far as Rex..at least the Buffalo Bills could win the Conference championship..They became the poster child for SB losers..Jets are becoming the poster child for CC losers..

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                          EASY there big guy..Romo is a much better QB..

As far as Rex..at least the Buffalo Bills could win the Conference championship..They became the poster child for SB losers..Jets are becoming the poster child for CC losers..
                          Brownies still have the trademark on that.

fuck john elway..fucking asshole.
                          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                            Brownies still have the trademark on that.

fuck john elway..fucking asshole.
                            Hot tub time machine...one of the best scenes in the movie is the bit reversing " the Drive"...classic

Comment

• fifth element
                              Commando
                              • Nov 2010

did anyone else see the rumor that Peyton may be looking at moving to the Jets? or the Jets looking at picking up Peyton...

if we end up HAVING a football season, that is.
                              Last edited by fifth element; 03-15-2011, 07:49 PM. Reason: it's a rumor till it happens...
                              “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

Working...