• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Cato
    how old is Mick Mars now?
    He looks like he crawled out out of some ancient cript. He could be thousands of years old.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by lesfunk
      Those bands are both very silly and should not be patronized
      Oh man, unless tickets are stupidly expensive, I may go see this.. the people watching alone would be mind blowing.
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        all those hags trying to fit into their old stonewashed jeans...blech.
        Don't forget the hairspray, the spandex, the wide headbands with Japanese symbols. Yeah, approaching 50-something ex-alcoholic/coke burn-outs who have no education beyond a power chord. Who wouldn't want to see that? Screw the 80's. Glad I remember little about that bloated decade.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
          Don't forget the hairspray, the spandex, the wide headbands with Japanese symbols. Yeah, approaching 50-something ex-alcoholic/coke burn-outs who have no education beyond a power chord. Who wouldn't want to see that? Screw the 80's. Glad I remember little about that bloated decade.
          Well, not everything in the 80s sucked as bad as Posion did. In fact, the first half of the 80s was quite enjoyable. The second half overall blew chunks, music-wise anyway.

Motely Crue? First two albums were good.

Seeing these two tosspot bands now? Not a fucking chance.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

I agree. No fucking way would I waste my time or cash on those fucking idiots.

Saw Crue on the Shout At The Devil tour. They were still a solid heavy metal band, but they went downhill immediately afterwards. Though I did like some stuff on the Dr. Feelgood album.

Saw them on that tour in 1989 in Kansas City and swore I would never see them again. Mick turned in the worst goddam guitar solo I have ever seen an arena act do in my life. Some people rant about how underrated he is. Well, he may be a decent guitarist, but that night he sucked motherfucking ass!

Comment

• lesfunk
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Mick Mars is overrated for a fourteen year old kid
              http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Do any of these guys really need the money?

I mean, it's clear that they all hate each other - why would Nikki go on tour with Bret?
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                  Do any of these guys really need the money?
                  I'd say that is the only reason why they are doing it. Seeing rock stars (no matter what band they were in) wouldn't be so bad if they had aged along with their fan base. The ones that survived and have success are the ones who did such as The Stones and Springsteen. This seems like a MTV-era scam to me, the whole riding the wave of nostalgia with not much in the way of new material.

Terry could be right, the 80's as a whole didn't suck but certain reminents of it do.

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

The most interesting man in the world, on dubiously talented 80s bands...

Last edited by chefcraig; 03-01-2011, 02:47 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

I'd say that is the only reason why they are doing it. Seeing rock stars (no matter what band they were in) wouldn't be so bad if they had aged along with their fan base. The ones that survived and have success are the ones who did such as The Stones and Springsteen. This seems like a MTV-era scam to me, the whole riding the wave of nostalgia with not much in the way of new material.

Terry could be right, the 80's as a whole didn't suck but certain reminents of it do.
                      Oh it's a complete nostalgia trip. Taken for what they are (were) - a hedonistic party band - Motley Crue are worth seeing live. But why on earth they would tour with Poison is beyond me. They've spent years denying that they were part of that 'scene', this seems like an affirmation of it to me.

Nikki Sixx seems more interested in his side-projects these days, and good luck to him. What pisses me off, thought, is the pure insincerity of touring with a band like Poison, who they clearly have no respect for - surely Sixx, Vince and Tommy can't need $$$ that badly to whore themselves like this.

That being said: this will not be as cringeworthy as Vince Neil on the ice-skating suck-fest....
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

The 80's was a diverse decade. I remember a sliver of the late 60's. I went through the 70's, the 80's, the 90's, the 00's. The 80's were the best. You didn't have the angry protesting. The economy was decent. I could gross $3000-$6000/month in the summer then. There was so much good music and that LA hair band thing was a micron in it all. It was a fun time to be in high school and college. You could get through college debt free in those days too. Healthcare was affordable. What fueled it all was the personal computer revolution. It was invented here, the equipment and software was made here. There was a lot of money coming into the US because of that and then like dummies we outsourced that with everything else.

In the 80's we just worked hard and played hard. We had fun. We dressed nice as well. You didn't go out to a club without dressing up. Look at the old videos. Very few fat people. The 90's and 00's were the real greed decades. That's when everyone went crazy on the easy credit and built all those god awful McMansions.
                        Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-01-2011, 02:36 PM.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                          Oh it's a complete nostalgia trip. Taken for what they are (were) - a hedonistic party band - Motley Crue are worth seeing live. But why on earth they would tour with Poison is beyond me. They've spent years denying that they were part of that 'scene', this seems like an affirmation of it to me.

Nikki Sixx seems more interested in his side-projects these days, and good luck to him. What pisses me off, thought, is the pure insincerity of touring with a band like Poison, who they clearly have no respect for - surely Sixx, Vince and Tommy can't need $$$ that badly to whore themselves like this.

That being said: this will not be as cringeworthy as Vince Neil on the ice-skating suck-fest....
                          I agree. I think Motley Crue is worth seeing any day. Associating themselves with Poision, however, makes no sense. Motley Crue at least had the first 2 records and a lot of singular moments thereafter. Poison never had a good record. It pissed me off when Dave let them open for him on the Skyscraper tour. If they want to do a nostalgia trip at least go out with someone reasonably cool like Tesla or Cinderella. I don't get where people talk about the 80's as a bloated decade. What were the 90's - a skinny, flannel shirt and haven't taken a bath in a week decade?
                          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• hambon4lif
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Sixx is a sandbagging bastard. His solo band can kick Motley Crues ass....

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              Saw them on that tour in 1989 in Kansas City and swore I would never see them again. Mick turned in the worst goddam guitar solo I have ever seen an arena act do in my life. Some people rant about how underrated he is. Well, he may be a decent guitarist, but that night he sucked motherfucking ass!
                              I saw them around that time and Mick's guitar solo was the highlight of the show.

It was the funniest thing I can remember ever seeing in a rock show. We were doubled over holding our sides.

I saw it again on YouTube a while ago and it still stands up there with some of the best Nigel Tufnel moments but you really had to be there.

Comment

• Unchainme
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                                Sixx is a sandbagging bastard. His solo band can kick Motley Crues ass....
                                christ...the daughtery clone singer sucks ass.

His one "Open your eyes" song is fucking stupid. gets over played on the rock stations out here.
                                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...