Thread: Hans Zimmer Is One Kickass Motherfucking Composer!!!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Hans Zimmer Is One Kickass Motherfucking Composer!!!

As time has gone forward, I occasionally run into classical pieces of music I REALLY dig.....in the form of movie scores.

In 2000, Hans Zimmer composed the score for Gladiator, and won an Oscar for his efforts. Rightfully so.

A few years later, when National Treasure came out, I glommed onto the soundtrack, for it spoke to me as a waterbrother, even though that score was done entirely by Trevor Rabin of Yes fame. I grokked.

Well, Hans has done it again. After watching Inception again yesterday, the fucking score is stuck in my head. Mostly this piece here:

Hans is a master at composing fantastically powerful, moving and memorable scores.

He was (of course) nominated for an Oscar this year for his work on Inception, and goddammit if he wasn't beat out....by Trent Reznor!

Trent is a brilliant composer in his own right, but Inception should have got it.

I am a fan of Hans Zimmer. Not really into the old fuddy duddies like Mozart, Beethoven, Mahler, Dvorak, etc.

But thank the Gods that there are composers in this day and age who rank right up there with the greatest of them in the ability to create incredible pieces of music.

He has scored numerous other big-budget blockbusters as well. In fact too many to list here.

And something else interesting....he produced the song "History Of The World (Part 1)" by British punk band The Damned for their fourth LP "The Black Album".

One kickass motherfucking musician:

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts

Yeah, well... it's just too bad that the music they chose for the Gladiator trailer came from the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack by Basil Poledouris...:p

I do agree that Zimmer's compositions are epic in their own right, but it's gotta be a bit of a blow in the face when they hire you to compose the music, yet choose some other dude's music to showcase the film you've been hired to score.

That said, no matter how cheesy people think the film may be, Conan's soundtrack has yet to be rivalled. Most epic shit I've ever listened too,pure brilliance in unadulterated form.

Cheers! :bottle:
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information