X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Savicki
    • Jan 2004

David Lee Roth "Crazy From The Heat".
    Who needs a straight cover album?
    Has as much meaning as Guns 'N Roses "Spaghetti Incident".
    sigpic

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
      HEY STEVE, YOU'RE ON A FUCKING ROTH SITE.

STFU you fucking paedo-cunt.
      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

In regards to CFTH, I can appreciate it.

I thought it really showed how unique Dave showed us a side of him that wasn't as a lead singer of a Hard Rock band, and did some standards from the American Songbook.

I don't consider it a rock record, more of a pop record. It's a fun, short little LP, intended for such purposes.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

I love that album. California Girls is the epitome of a David Lee Roth song. the video was stellar. And Gigolo is totally fun to sing along to when drunk & at a backyard BBQ. Everyone attempts and fails the hominbetanashamanahominabetanashamina-BOP!
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
            HEY STEVE, YOU'RE ON A FUCKING ROTH SITE.

STFU you fucking paedo-cunt.
            Wow.

Bitch slapped back into his hidey-hole in just over ten minutes.

Nice one, Unchainme
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
              I love that album. California Girls is the epitome of a David Lee Roth song. the video was stellar. And Gigolo is totally fun to sing along to when drunk & at a backyard BBQ. Everyone attempts and fails the hominbetanashamanahominabetanashamina-BOP!
              Videos were classic. To quote Beavis and Butthead "I love this guy because he always puts chicks with big thingies in his videos".

You have to appreciate it for what it is, It ain't Fair Warning, but it's a fun record.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                Whatever, dude. Pink Floyd's music is like going to a funeral. Shit solid boring prog rock. And Water's lyrics are what's retarded blah blah blah bad politicians blah bah blah my dead father blah blah blah no one knows how rough it is to be a millionaire rock star with a downtown Manhattan apartment blah blah blah.
                So you make a list of albums that you don't like and decide they're the "Worst albums in rock history"?

That doesn't work for me, especially in the case of "Animals", which has sold umpteen million copies and regularly makes it into the BEST rock albums of all time lists.

If this forum was all about people pissing on stuff they don't like, we'd be here all day.

BTW, the lyrics you seem to be talking about sound more like "Wish you were here" or "The final cut" albums.

sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• CROWBAR
                  Commando
                  • Sep 2004

Never Mind The Bollocks by the Sex Pistols. Total garbage and they were hack musicians who could barely play their instruments. Pure noise....

....like two cats fucking outside your bedroom window at 4:00 a.m.

Could never see the attraction to them whatsoever

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by CROWBAR
                    Never Mind The Bollocks by the Sex Pistols. Total garbage and they were hack musicians who could barely play their instruments. Pure noise....

....like two cats fucking outside your bedroom window at 4:00 a.m.

Could never see the attraction to them whatsoever
                    This just goes to show how subjective musical tastes truly are. I can see the merit in what you are saying, but for me, this album worked for the exact same reasons you disliked it. I felt at the time (and still do) that the rawness of the overall sound and playing translated into sheer power, and knocked all of my Kansas albums off the shelf. From there, there wasn't any turning back, as "Never Mind The Bollocks..." served as a gateway band, introducing me to a world far to the left (or right, depending upon how you see things) of the corporate rock I'd allowed myself to be force-fed by radio and print. Suddenly, everything else sounded boring or quaint by comparison, and I started seeking out independent record shops to find more of the noise. Of course, I didn't get an odd haircut or throw out my Skynyrd concert t-shirts. After all, this was Florida in the seventies, and I certainly didn't want to get my ass kicked.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                      Videos were classic. To quote Beavis and Butthead "I love this guy because he always puts chicks with big thingies in his videos".

You have to appreciate it for what it is, It ain't Fair Warning, but it's a fun record.

Exactly. It's a joke album. It was not meant to be serious. Dave has always been a ham. And this album is just him hamming it up on a few tunes and sharing some laughs. Anyone who thinks it sucks is taking it way too serious. I viewed it in the same light as when the band did Happy Trails or Big Bad Bill. Just some guys fucking around and having fun. They just happened to record it & share with us.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                        Uh-huh. And just what sort of deep "meaning" is to be found in the WIG OUT AND JIVE! image in your sig or avatar, Steve?

Both albums are nothing more than goofs, and were not meant to be taken all that seriously. But if you actually take some effort and listen to what is going on with Roth's EP, you'll discover that a great deal of care and thought went into the arrangements, which can not be said of the GnR release.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• hambon4lif
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                          Dave has always been a ham. And this album is just him hamming it up
                          Sho' 'nuff!

Comment

• hambon4lif
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            But if you actually take some effort and listen to what is going on with Roth's EP, you'll discover that a great deal of care and thought went into the arrangements.
                            Fuckinay! It still blows my mind when I think of all the high-caliber musicians that got together to make that EP. He wasn't just fucking around, he went for the absolute top-of-the-line.

It's got a cool vibe to it, I still play it, and I really don't feel the need to defend it....especially to someone who jacks off to Josie And The Pussycat cartoons.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

I will throw in Big Country's King Of Emotion. After the greatness of The Seer it was very dissapointing. If i was going to mention a Motley Crue record it would be Generation Swine.
                              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• kwame k
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Feb 2008

Getting Wilson to come in and give a hand on California Girls says something about credibility.......
                                Originally posted by vandeleur
                                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...