Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Michael Anthony

One thing I never understood in the brothers and daves dislike of him as of late, and why he's been buds with sammy.

has there ever been an explanation we've been given?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    How much have you had to drink ??
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    05-10-2021 @ 05:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    what the fuck is roth army militia?

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Can I Have Fries With That Large Coke?

roy who?
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2011 @ 03:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    How much have you had to drink ??
    I just cracked my second 40 of malt liqour switiching between the army and the horrible shit in japan wondering how long till we ge it in so cal. Never could figure why Mike wanted to befriend roy

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

His befriending Spamuel is exactly why the sistaz hate him so much.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-09-2020 @ 09:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

There are small guys ?

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 08:15 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    Remember when you were a kid and all your best buddies were gone on vacation or sick? You'd get bored and go hang out with the weird, geek kid down the street... that's Mike's options the last decade...

OH shit... I just described my internet life on the Roth sites!!!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

I don't see things as so sinister when discussing Mike....

After all, what the fuck had the VH brothers did since '98 ??

They weren't recording anything, weren't touring, and as Bette has confided recently, Ed was completely whacked out of his mind....

So did they expect Mike to simply act like a hermit like the brothers ?? If I was Mike, why not get out there and have some fun ??

Personally, I don't have a problem one bit with Mike going out on the road and jam at some shows with Bette....

And, as I've said 100 times, those shows gave Ed the convenient excuse of "he's in Sammy's band" to slide Wolf into the band.....

Ed can use that excuse all he wants, but I have no doubt the real reason is that as a father he wanted his son into the band, and not some traitorous scheme that Ed portrays....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Good fucking hell...who fucking cares...

These guys have done nothing but treat the fans like a big-ass bag of monkey shit from the get-go. MA may be the only one of the fucking bunch that has anything to do with the fans...

...but at the end of the day...these fucking idiots are nothing more than "musicians." They've made it plain as day that we're just random fans...

...so they don't need to explain shit...

...and we don't need to explain why the fuck we don't spend a cent on the shit that they produced...or...don't produce...which has been the case for my kids entire lifetime.

Fuck spED and his goddamned Tiger-Blood phase, and fuck Dee Snider's Twisted Sister muse for turning Van Halen into Van Pussy...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Christ...there isn't a fucking Soap Opera close to this shit...

Next thing up for this band is the ten-year saga when it's revealed that Wolfy is half Dave's kid from a night in 1990 when Dave and spED happened to be in the same Seattle hotel, and Bertinelli spent the night tag teaming the two hotel rooms...

Wolfy's then going to start his own band, Van Eat Em and Halen...then spend the rest of his life quitting, rehiring himself, firing himself, rehiring himself, then hitting himself in the cup...
    Last edited by POJO_Risin; 03-12-2011 at 09:25 AM.

12. Thanked POJO_Risin for this KICKASS post:

Hardrock69 (03-13-2011)

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-25-2015 @ 02:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 850 Posts

Mike is the guy at work who shows up every single day at 9:00 on the dot, but never gets promoted or appreciated because he's under the radar and doesn't have the high-profile personality of his fellow employees. But you damn sure can tell the difference in the workplace when that motherfucker calls in sick. You don't realize what his contribution actually was until he's out of the picture.

You can see it now because in his place is a snot-nose X-BOX kid who doesn't even look like he wants to be there.....

Wolfiie: Daddy, I want to play Call Of Duty!
    Eddie: Hey! You're onstage in front of thousands of people! Now act like you wanna be here!

Dave must have thought that if this 'reunion' was going to happen in our lifetime.....ya' know, before we all DROP FUCKING DEAD, then he would have to accept the juvenile, petty bullshit the brothers are hung up on, and just do it.

Mikey's a solid, and if he was still in there, it would've saved the tape machine backstage from getting such a workout.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hambon4lif View Post
    Mike is the guy at work who shows up every single day at 9:00 on the dot, but never gets promoted or appreciated because he's under the radar and doesn't have the high-profile personality of his fellow employees. But you damn sure can tell the difference in the workplace when that motherfucker calls in sick. You don't realize what his contribution actually was until he's out of the picture.

You can see it now because in his place is a snot-nose X-BOX kid who doesn't even look like he wants to be there.....

Wolfiie: Daddy, I want to play Call Of Duty!
    Eddie: Hey! You're onstage in front of thousands of people! Now act like you wanna be here!

Dave must have thought that if this 'reunion' was going to happen in our lifetime.....ya' know, before we all DROP FUCKING DEAD, then he would have to accept the juvenile, petty bullshit the brothers are hung up on, and just do it.

Mikey's a solid, and if he was still in there, it would've saved the tape machine backstage from getting such a workout.
    I'd like to say Mikey was the reason I didn't go to the reunion but the truth is......after hearing the YouTube's and reading the reviews here, I wasn't going to spend a couple hundred dollars for that shit! Ed was hit and miss at best and a bass player that had all the charisma of a wet blanket......Love Dave but to pay top dollar, I expect a top dollar show!

Seemed like every review was...."Seeing Ed and Dave on stage together was great, Dave was amazing, Ed couldn't play some of the songs and his solo was disjointed, Wolfie looked like a deer in the headlights but Al was solid throughout".

So half the band couldn't bring it.........yet I was expected to pay hundreds of dollars for the show? Nope and if they do ever tour again.... unless it's four people playing their asses off, regardless of who's in the band....I'm not going!

Sorry, I want value for my hard earned money and nostalgia just isn't a good enough reason to see a band when there's tons of other bands out there that can bring it night after night.
    Last edited by kwame k; 03-12-2011 at 12:39 PM.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    I'd like to say Mikey was the reason I didn't go to the reunion but the truth is......after hearing the YouTube's and reading the reviews here, I wasn't going to spend a couple hundred dollars for that shit! Ed was hit and miss at best and a bass player that had all the charisma of a wet blanket......Love Dave but to pay top dollar, I expect a top dollar show!

Seemed like every review was...."Seeing Ed and Dave on stage together was great, Dave was amazing, Ed couldn't play some of the songs and his solo was disjointed, Wolfie looked like a deer in the headlights but Al was solid throughout".

So half the band couldn't bring it.........yet I was expected to pay hundreds of dollars for the show? Nope and if they do ever tour again.... unless it's four people playing their asses off, regardless of who's in the band....I'm not going!

Sorry, I want value for my hard earned money and nostalgia just isn't a good enough reason to see a band when there's tons of other bands out there that can bring it night after night.

Totally understandable. But for me, I had never seen them together and seeing Ed & Dave together for real was a dream come true. I didn't care if the whole concert was just those 2 guys up on stage telling us stories of their youth. Was just something I had a personal need to scratch off my life list.

And I got very lucky in that the San Diego show is regarded as possibly the best of the tour. (I think they did that just for me....don't burst my bubble).

I think the next tour the shows will be way more consistent & kick ass. Eddie was basically rehabbing that last tour & even had to stop mid-tour for a stumble.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I saw the 3/4 show twice simply because I figured it might be my last chance to see Roth and Edward playing on the same stage. I took my stepson so he would at least have a point of reference as to what Van Halen kind of was. So far I'm still right.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Totally understandable. But for me, I had never seen them together and seeing Ed & Dave together for real was a dream come true. I didn't care if the whole concert was just those 2 guys up on stage telling us stories of their youth. Was just something I had a personal need to scratch off my life list.

And I got very lucky in that the San Diego show is regarded as possibly the best of the tour. (I think they did that just for me....don't burst my bubble).

I think the next tour the shows will be way more consistent & kick ass. Eddie was basically rehabbing that last tour & even had to stop mid-tour for a stumble.
    I understand why people went and I can't blame them for wanting to see Ed and Dave.......

I can even give Ed a [sorta] free pass because he wasn't a 100% and it wasn't just drinking, either. He did have hand surgery after the tour so there was a reason why he wasn't playing up to par.

I guess with all the YouTube's and concert reviews, the odds were I was going to get a hit and miss show, regardless of why the shows weren't perfect.....they weren't even 60% by average and this was a band just trying to cover their own songs, not winging it like the old days but Ed couldn't even play his own songs

I'm not talking about playing every song perfectly either, because you wouldn't be a CVH fan if you expected a note perfect concert.....half the fun of live CVH was seeing how in the fuck they were going to pull that fuck up off! You know that falling backwards down the stairs and landing on you feet kinda vibe. From Dave coming into a song 4 bars late, to Eddie coming out of a solo half way through the verse or chorus, the band completely breaking off into uncharted waters because everyone was lost in the song they were playing......that's what made CVH special, to me.

Not three men and a kid who were struggling to even make it through a song.
    Last edited by kwame k; 03-12-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't believe Ed (or Dave for that matter) will ever be close to 100% again

um...yeah
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-02-2015 @ 02:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Feel the love man, feel the love...

1981 = Real

2004 = Fake

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-23-2017 @ 12:50 PM
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    It's all nostalgia and closure at this point until proven wrong.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    I really don't expect them to but I do expect a mature band, having at least three of the members of the band who have played 1000's of live shows between them, to be better than barely making it through a song.......

A ton of vintage bands out there don't play like they did in their 20's or 30's but they have matured and evolved the music to fit their age and with the level of musicianship that Dave, Ed and Al have, there's no reason to expect less from them.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 3,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jcook11 View Post
    I just cracked my second 40 of malt liqour switiching between the army and the horrible shit in japan wondering how long till we ge it in so cal. Never could figure why Mike wanted to befriend roy
    I used to drink that stuff but a damn bull would smash through the wall of the house every time I did.

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2017 @ 06:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CROWBAR View Post
    Feel the love man, feel the love...

1981 = Real

2004 = Fake
    Real

24. 2 users say thank you to SunisinuS for this KICKASS post:

fifth element (03-15-2011),sadaist (03-15-2011)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2018 @ 02:00 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It's a soap opera and MA is hanging out too many times with tequila salesman...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2018 @ 02:00 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Why go on tour with Ed 2004?

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

This video is horrible sad purely from a viewpoint of being an EVH fan. He keeps his back to the audience the entire time

I saw this tour and regardless of what Sammy would be doing, I was looking forward to seeing my smiling Eddie jumping around & playing my fav songs. Nope. He was really messed up and hated his bandmates here. The difference between this & how he was in 07/08 is night & day.

*this video is for the sole purpose of viewing Eddie's condition. I apologize in advance that Sammy is in much of it. Click up to the 45 second mark & watch from there. that's when he walks to the drumset & remains with his back to the audience throughout. Even the damn solo!

28. Thanked sadaist for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (03-15-2011)

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 11:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Why tour with ed in 2004

$$$$$

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Ed was actually better than Sam in that video...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    This video is horrible sad purely from a viewpoint of being an EVH fan.
    What version wouldn't be horrible?

I prefer this one to the Live Without A Net video, in fact it's the best version I've ever seen or heard because

a) I want to see people who like Dreams maybe just maybe learn the error of their ways and if not I want them to suffer.

b) Eddie looks suitably ashamed of it. I know he probably isn't but he looks as though he is.

c) It's kind of interesting because he is so fucking out his face it finally gives that cheesy soccer mom anthem a bit of an edge. You don't know for sure that he won't smash something up or collapse and that is much more entertaining. Kind of like if you were watching Sesame Street and you knew the guy in Big Bird had dropped few pills before going on.

d) It's nice to see Sammy failing in the only 'talent' anyone could ever claim of him, being able to hit high notes in an annoying voice. Here he is missing high notes in an annoying voice.

e) Finally that's a pretty decent version of the solo considering. Anyone who has tried to play whilst being that wasted can surely appreciate the years of training that go into being able to do tapped harmonics when you can barely see.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-15-2011 at 08:54 PM.

®oth A®my f®an©hise ?laya
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2011 @ 11:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    His befriending Spamuel is exactly why the sistaz hate him so much.
    Friends...

Ones we can depend on...

How many of us have them...

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-18-2015 @ 11:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Mike wrote the forward to Sam's book. Read it today in Barnes and Noble. Sucks Sam's dick and his tone indicates there's no love lost for Dave. But he says that if Sammy says it happened, then it did. Sammy's no bullshitter. Class act Mikey.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    e) Finally that's a pretty decent version of the solo considering. Anyone who has tried to play whilst being that wasted can surely appreciate the years of training that go into being able to do tapped harmonics when you can barely see.
    been there done that...

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-15-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

been there done that...
    Fuck Sammy, what a dick!..if ed was unravelling this bad due to drug and alcohol issues then why wouldnt Sammy confront ed and his brother about it.....at least Dave did before the 07 tour commenced, that shows the dave at least gave a shit about his band mate.Sammy was just along for the financial ride...fiuckwit....If you look at the start ed is mentally 'somewhere' but i think he became bored with the whole van hager songs (who could blame) him and as for Al, what would you enjoy drumming away to "unchained" or "how many say i"?

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

the guitarist in mike anthony's band is actually quite a good player....

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2015 @ 08:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post

Living Down Under I didn't get to see the tour but what I saw on Youtube looked and sounded pretty good to me. I also remember reading a lot of press reviews, at least 40-50, and something like 90% of them were more than positive. Who knows. I suppose you really have to be there. I do recall a few negative fan reviews regarding Eddie during the 2007 leg of the tour but nothing like Van Hagar 2004.

If they come to Australia I'm sure the crowds be show up.
    Last edited by Halen High; 03-16-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indeedido View Post
    It's all nostalgia and closure at this point until proven wrong.
    It certainly is nostalgia. I long for the days when CVH ruled the earth. I JUST WANT IT BACK!
    Last edited by Halen High; 03-16-2011 at 07:07 AM.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The '07-08 tour was good...

I'm glad I went twice...

Wolfie still sucked though and some bass and vocals were piped in...

I hope they don't pull that crap again...

You hear that Wolf ???

I know you read this crap...punk...

But it was cool...

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

I think Ed resented the fact that they split the publishing 4 ways. They were kids when they signed.
    There's an interview where Ed was saying to one of the Guitar Player mag guys that MiA had all this stuff because of the band and he didn't do anything.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 02:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Ed was actually better than Sam in that video...
    lol...exactly my thoughts...Mr. "I have a higher range" doesn't hit a single note here...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

My Mom always told me "you are judged by who you hang with"

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThrillsNSpills View Post
    I think Ed resented the fact that they split the publishing 4 ways. They were kids when they signed.
    There's an interview where Ed was saying to one of the Guitar Player mag guys that MiA had all this stuff because of the band and he didn't do anything.
    How to split the publishing is an interesting argument. Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand Mike never contirbuted anything to songwriting - hence Eddie's view. But what about Alex? Did he ever write anything? It is a team effort though. Mike used to run around the high schools sticking up thousands of flyers with Dave while Eddie probably sat at home noodling away on guitar. He also had something to do with the chemistry that produced those six CVH albums.

Don't get me wrong. My sympathy for Mike is limited due to his attitude of, "I would rather have Sammy in VH because he's a buddy so who cares about the millions of fans who want Dave back".

Thread Information