The Daily "Why does the DLR Army Website not work" explanation thread.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

The Daily "Why does the DLR Army Website not work" explanation thread.....

and why otherwise it loads only half the time while continuing to work as well as Cheney hunts....

Todays: Because on this day in 44 BC – Dictator Julius Caesar of the Roman Republic was stabbed to death by Marcus Junius Brutus and several other Roman senators.

Last 5 days:
    Monday the 14th: Because Pojo had a chicken dinner.
    Sunday the 13th: Because The Game was on.
    Saturday the 12th: Solar Flares.
    Friday the 11th: See above.
    Thursday the 10th and all previous days...because we are all too chincey to donate.

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Was the other thread not good enough for you?

Anyway I catch your drift. Slow as shit today.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Too many moaners, not enough donors...

Comment

• Bob_R
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

That database must have really been fucked up.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

You queers losing your boners ??

Comment

• SunisinuS
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • May 2010

Originally posted by ELVIS

Takes one to know one?

Now knock it off....
              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                nah.

the Jesus freaks are killing the place.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                  and why otherwise it loads only half the time while continuing to work as well as Cheney hunts....

Todays: Because on this day in 44 BC – Dictator Julius Caesar of the Roman Republic was stabbed to death by Marcus Junius Brutus and several other Roman senators.

Last 5 days:
                  Monday the 14th: Because Pojo had a chicken dinner.
                  Sunday the 13th: Because The Game was on.
                  Saturday the 12th: Solar Flares.
                  Friday the 11th: See above.
                  Thursday the 10th and all previous days...because we are all too chincey to donate.

Perhaps you'd like to make a significant donation to upgrade the VBulletin software ??
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• SunisinuS
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • May 2010

I would. And as you noticed I mentioned that....even if I have to pay for the pleasure of insulting Elvis it would be worth it.
                    Last edited by SunisinuS; 03-15-2011, 11:05 PM. Reason: if it would let me post it ....

Comment

• Blaze
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Hmmm. The board has had no trouble when I arrive. It has been quite speedy today.
                      Perhaps it is your stream. Have you spoken and compared notes with the others that have had the same issue?
                      There might be a something that as a group you all have in common.

I did find, remove,and reported very recently, a proxie on my tubes that fed to the versatel.net.
                      Last edited by Blaze; 03-16-2011, 01:15 AM. Reason: O0
                      "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                      sigpic

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                        I would. And as you noticed I mentioned that....even if I have to pay for the pleasure of insulting Elvis it would be worth it.
                        Then click the Donate button and I'm sure Sarge will appreciate it....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          Perhaps you'd like to make a significant donation to upgrade the VBulletin software ??
                          You must be implying to upgrade to a more robust server would cost more and/or the monthly charges (I know I pay those myself).

To upgrade the software costs nothing.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

As someone who isn't involved in any even semi official capacity these days I think I'll point out what is pretty obvious to most regular posters.

The owner of the site is away and has been for ridiculously long stretches of time over the last few years due to IMHO unjust, unfair and unreasonable policies of the US government.

Halfway through an upgrade of the site after all the important shit had been done but before the cosmetic frills had been debugged he had to go away again.

I'm only getting involved in this thread because I don't think it's helpful at all, particularly coming from people that haven't contributed, to whine on about a fucking color scheme or some pretty pictures when every month the owner gets a three figure bill for a site he can rarely fucking access never mind take anything from.

He's also of course doing this whilst resisting the obvious impulse to put a bunch of shitty adverts all over it or sell it to someone who will. What could well be the breaking point for even him would be to come home and read this thankless selfish pointless shitty thread.

In short please shut the fuck up.

Thanks!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. I was making light of the situation if you read the Entire Post (which identifies the need to donate). Please Please Please read an entire post before just taking one slice of it that you find offensive. Context is so the fuck important...least that is what they taught in Bible Study and third grade Dick and Jane. I said Donate Chinkoids. And most people do not even know the history of the site or the webmaster, so having not been privy to the secret garden, none of us would know who has cancer or was at war or was in the joint.

So Donate, I will try, but please, do not fight an imaginary battle against us. And if you just want feedback with no 'elan:

The site was slow and failing often on that day. Sorry, not my fault. But I will contribute what I can.

And to all those that work to keep the site running; Good unya. Appreciated.
                              Last edited by SunisinuS; 03-16-2011, 09:40 PM. Reason: I feel tenseness in my Chestal Area.....

Comment

Working...