X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    You must be one of those new drummers I've been hearing about that actually have opposable thumbs.
    WTF are you talking about, dude? My thumbs aren't opposable.....they're in perfect harmony with the rest of my fingers
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
      Phew......glad I'm forgiven! So now I'm part of the cool guy guitarist club, right
      You sir, are a multi-instrumentalist!
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by indeedido
        My fav is the Dunlop Tortex .88mm, the green ones. Just the right amount of thickness for me. Too thin and the tone is bad.
        That's what I use also. They last a long time. I actually prefer them to be worn just a bit.

Comment

• Coyote
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
          Here's a question: Does everyone pick with the pointed edge of most of what's pictured in this thread, or do you rotate it for different effects? I'm told I have an "odd" picking style due to that and the fact that I alternately hold the pick sideways, or like I hold a pencil. The sideways thing I got from checking out George Lynch back in the day, the pencil-thing just feels natural, just kind of evolved that way. But the rotation thing allows greater ease of artificial harmonics on the plain strings, and also the ability to get that effect on partial chords too, which is fun...

Personally, I pick with the tip, albeit at a lesser angle than the "pencil grip".
          As far as the EVH thumb+middle finger grip, it's reserved for tapping, IMO...

When you're picking, you have the thumb & index/middle finger holding the pick. What about the other fingers?
          Do you curl them up like making a relaxed fist, or do you leave them extended, like making a OK handsign?
          Last edited by Coyote; 03-26-2011, 07:54 PM.
          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Coyote
            Personally, I pick with the tip, albeit at a lesser angle than the "pencil grip".
            As far as the EVH thumb+middle finger grip, it's reserved for tapping, IMO...

When you're picking, you have the thumb & index/middle finger holding the pick. What about the other fingers?
            Do you curl them up like making a relaxed fist, or do you leave them extended, like making a OK handsign?
            That depends, too...IMO the Lynch-type positioning seems to favor the "OK" splayed hand deal, doesn't work so well with the more tradition pencil-like grip...
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Coyote
              yeah i like the relaxed fist... and i have a callus on the bottom side of my palm from palm muting and alternate picking

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I found if I used a medium pick and choked up of it, it would act like a heavier pick and if I held it towards the back it was like a lighter pick. I vary how much pick I hold all the time and sometimes I use the pointed end and sometimes I use the round edge. An .80 to .90 is what I like.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

Jim Dunlop Sharp Jazz III

Comment

Working...