• ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

blaze, do you really need an alias?

Comment

• Golden AWe
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Yup, can't compete with "The Colour and The Shape". One of my most listened records, ever. "Everlong" and "New Way Home" rank among the best and most catchy "rock pop rock" tunes ever.

The albums after that have had their moments, but "Colour" is still the best.

The new one sounds interesting. I saw them back in 2008, and it looked like the Foo Fighters have entered the "mammoth band" status, but I'm glad they seem to survive.

Them Crooked Vultures was a bit of a disappointment though.
      Last edited by Golden AWe; 04-09-2011, 07:04 AM.
      Originally posted by Cato
      Golden, why are you FAT?
      Originally posted by lesfunk
      Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• indeedido
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

That flying V in the new video used to belong to the guitarist in Motorhead. Dave bought it from him and you can see it in the Ace of Spades performance from The Young Ones from the early '80s. Check it...

This space for rent.

Comment

• Blaze
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by ashstralia
          blaze, do you really need an alias?
          Missed me already did ya, Ashley ? I have spludge ya here. I would not recognize the Foo Fighters if you put them in a line-up. Prior to this thread, had I been asked what genre the Foos were, I would have said pop with a lean toward electronic dance.

Numb-nuts up there, clarathecarrot, is attempting an angry shrine.. err, rather a disingenuous shrine.

As someone says so well - Carry on.
          "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
          sigpic

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Blaze
            Missed me already did ya, Ashley ? I have spludge ya here. I would not recognize the Foo Fighters if you put them in a line-up. Prior to this thread, had I been asked what genre the Foos were, I would have said pop with a lean toward electronic dance.

Numb-nuts up there, clarathecarrot, is attempting an angry shrine.. err, rather a disingenuous shrine.

As someone says so well - Carry on.

Perhaps,... you could help me with my pop-up book ? I need a forward / backend reverse cowgirl to assist me with the full release notes.

The shape needs some editing, stretching and perhaps some input.

Working title; Jump Up And Down On This.
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
              Funny that I found this thread...
              I was just coming here to share some thoughts on Grohl and his band after reading this article late last week...

Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl has told the Hollywood Reporter that he and his bandmates will not give permission for "Times Like These" to be used on "Glee."

"It's every band's right, you shouldn't have to do fucking 'Glee,' "Grohl said after the premiere of the documentary "Foo Fighters: Back and Forth," at South By Southwest. "And then the guy who created 'Glee' is so offended that we're not, like, begging to be on his fucking show. . . . Fuck that guy for thinking anybody and everybody should want to do 'Glee.' "

After that I asked myself... why am I not a fan of this guy and his music?
              I had the self titled disc when it first came out but since then I never really got into the band's catalog apart from what I would catch here and there... I guess I felt it was going to be a one off throwaway kind of thing so I never subscribed to the band.
              This dude has so much rock cred apart from the whole Nirvana thing (hangs with Lemmy, jams with Page and JPJ, did an album with fuckers like Cronos and King Diamond (Probot), played drums on the first Tenacious D album and a lot more).
              I made it a point to secure their back catalog this weekend in prep for the upcoming film, cd and tour and I will make sure that i catch a show when they are in my area.
              Feels like the right thing to do.
              I dig the new single.

The Foos are probably one of the best practicioners of widely distributed straight-up American hard guitar rock left standing these days. Not that hard of a feat considering the current state of rock, but it's not a case of them being mediocre and only seeming to be good because the rest of it is varying degrees of shite.

I'd still say the first two Foo albums were the best from start-to-finish, but they're...what...fifteen years into their existence and still banging out good stuff like Rope. I wouldn't rank Grohl's music or abilities quite in the same league as the true rock giants in my book, but for his time he's among the better rock musicians out there.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Terry
                I dig the new single.

The Foos are probably one of the best practicioners of widely distributed straight-up American hard guitar rock left standing these days. Not that hard of a feat considering the current state of rock, but it's not a case of them being mediocre and only seeming to be good because the rest of it is varying degrees of shite.

I'd still say the first two Foo albums were the best from start-to-finish, but they're...what...fifteen years into their existence and still banging out good stuff like Rope. I wouldn't rank Grohl's music or abilities quite in the same league as the true rock giants in my book, but for his time he's among the better rock musicians out there.
                I posted the link to their new single over two weeks ago. Thank you for attending the meetin'.
                Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-10-2011, 01:06 AM. Reason: Foo Fighters are carrying the Torch.
                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

stream the album

watch it performed live
                  Last edited by ThrillsNSpills; 04-11-2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                    I posted the link to their new single over two weeks ago. Thank you for attending the meetin'.
                    The older I get, the much longer it takes me to keep up with anything new in terms of realtime response, so two weeks is actually pretty good by those diminished standards
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

and the video for 'next year' is classic. in fact all of their early vids were. i remember a time when new foo's clips were anticipated with an almost rothian fervour.

edit
                      years ago, a kid came to his lesson after the big day out. i says, 'so what did ya learn from your first big rock show, kid?'
                      he says, 'the foo fighters are the best rock band. my hero is their best song. i wanna learn that.'

that kid is kicking arse in his own career now. g'day ryan, love ya mate.
                      Last edited by ashstralia; 04-13-2011, 05:22 AM. Reason: self aggrandisement, vis a vis successful students.

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

and thanks for the original post, thrills. you rock dude

Comment

• CROWBAR
                          Commando
                          • Sep 2004

Somewhere out there, I'm sure Courtney Love must be really pissed off at all the success Dave Grohl is having these days!

while she still drags her cooch through the gutters of L.A.

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by CROWBAR
                            Somewhere out there, I'm sure Courtney Love must be really pissed off at all the success Dave Grohl is having these days!

while she still drags her cooch through the gutters of L.A.
                            Yeah, sometimes I wonder how much of Kurt's money she has left.. She's such a filthy cunt.
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• CROWBAR
                              Commando
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                              Yeah, sometimes I wonder how much of Kurt's money she has left.. She's such a filthy cunt.
                              I can't stand that skank. They should have her picture next to that word in the dictionary.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Gotta pick this one up and leave Forevermore in the bargain bin...

Comment

Working...