X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
    Mickelson is playing the Greenbriar..I can get passes for $40...may have to go walk the grounds Saturday.
    That's one of the nice things about following Phil: Chances are he'll make the cut and still be there on the weekend.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

I think he will be playing late Saturday as well..

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

I don't think he's missed a cut this year yet...

Of course, knowing wrning's luck...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I love links golf...I've always liked watching European golf as a whole...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Now I will feel bad if Phil misses the damn cut

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Tiger commits to World Golf Championships-Bridgestone

PGATour.com

AKRON, Ohio -- Tiger Woods officially committed to the World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational today, marking his return to competitive golf at a venue that has been very kind to him throughout his career. Firestone Country Club's historic South Course has served as the event's host venue for 11 of the last 12 years and was the stage for all of Woods' seven victories. Woods and a field that includes Charl Schwartzel, Rory McIlroy, Darren Clarke, Luke Donald, Nick Watney, K.J. Choi, Phil Mickelson, Hunter Mahan and Dustin Johnson will again challenge the South Course at Firestone Country Club for the season's third World Golf Championships event, Aug. 3-7.

The field will be finalized when the commitment deadline passes at 5 p.m. ET today.

Woods, who won the Bridgestone Invitational from 1999-2001, 2005-2007 and again in 2009, joins a field comprised of tournament winners from around the world and one that annually ranks as one of the strongest and deepest of the year. Joining Woods among the players already qualified are 2011 major championship winners Schwartzel (the Masters Tournament), McIlroy (U.S. Open) and Clarke (British Open).

The winners of the season's first two World Golf Championships events, Donald (Accenture Match Play Championship), and current FedExCup points leader Watney (Cadillac Championship), have also qualified and will both have the opportunity to become the first player since Mickelson (Cadillac Championship/HSBC Champions) in 2009 to capture two World Golf Championships events in a single season. Mickelson is qualified for the Bridgestone Invitational via his victory in April at the Shell Houston Open.

"Tiger Woods' record here at the Bridgestone Invitational truly speaks for itself, and we're excited he has joined what is shaping up to be an incredible field," said Executive Director Donald Padgett III. "We look forward to welcoming our fans to Firestone Country Club and those from around the world through our international television partners for what promises to be a memorable and thrilling week of competition."

The Bridgestone Invitational will mark Woods' first competitive start since he withdrew from THE PLAYERS Championship in May after just nine holes with injuries to his left knee and left Achilles tendon. In five starts in 2011, not including THE PLAYERS, Woods' best result was a T4 at The Masters. In two previous starts this year in World Golf Championships events, he lost in the first round to Thomas Bjorn at the Accenture Match Play Championship and finished T10 at the Cadillac Championship.

Woods is one of four past champions already qualified for the Bridgestone Invitational along with Clarke (2003), Stewart Cink (2004) and defending champion Hunter Mahan (2010).

If not otherwise qualified, the winner of this week's Greenbrier Classic on the PGA TOUR and Irish Open on the European Tour would have the opportunity to join Woods and the game's best in the field at the Bridgestone Invitational. Both events are expected to have an Official World Golf Ranking Strength of Field Rating of at least 115 points. In addition, any player not otherwise qualified who moves into the top 50 of the Official World Golf Ranking on Monday, Aug. 1, will earn a last-minute trip to Firestone.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                That's one of the nice things about following Phil: Chances are he'll make the cut and still be there on the weekend.
                Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                I don't think he's missed a cut this year yet...

Of course, knowing wrning's luck...
                Originally posted by Fairwrning
                Now I will feel bad if Phil misses the damn cut
                Crap, aren't we the kiss of death. Phil shot 3 over and missed the cut.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                  if adam can learn to roll the pressure putts, he could win a few big ones. smart move all round imho.
                  hehe... nice win at the wgc scotty! bring on the uspga. go aussies!

Comment

• Fairwrning
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                    Crap, aren't we the kiss of death. Phil shot 3 over and missed the cut.
                    Sorry Phil

On a lighter note<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jNRbvRuRO60?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jNRbvRuRO60?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

hehehe... asian chicks, good at oral, not so good at aural. i'm going out for a smash today.

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

i had 86 hits today in extremely testy windy conditions off the back tees. short game and putting above average. leading by five strokes.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

i should clarify, i was drinky celebratory. it was round one of our club championships. rds 2 and 3 next saturday and sunday, round 4 the following saturday. woohoo!!!! had a birdie on the 575 yard par 5 5th. not many birdies out there yesterday.

Comment

• ashstralia
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Feb 2004

ladies and gentlemen; your 2011 c grade club champion is....... ashstralia!!!!!! thangya verra mush.

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Is Tiger back? He won his first tournament in 2 years this weekend. Sure would be great if he could get it going again.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                                Is Tiger back? He won his first tournament in 2 years this weekend. Sure would be great if he could get it going again.

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/story/...ar-win-drought
                                I never understood what the fuss was about Tiger and all those women. He was just doing his job. Golfers sink their balls into a hole and then move onto the next hole.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...