X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Whorehey
    Bubba Watson is smashing it all over Doral today.
    What a difference a day makes. Sunday, he's smashing it all over, hitting everything but the fairway. Yikes, from holding the outright lead to dropping two behind at the seventh. And he hasn't even gotten to the water holes yet.

Keegan Bradley and Bubba are a great pairing, seeing as they are two of the longest hitters on the tour. But outside of Bradley and Rory, the way these guys are playing today, just about anyone in the top ten has a chance. Johnny Miller can't believe what he is seeing, saying it looked more like a round at the U.S. Open than Doral.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Whorehey
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

It's that gawd awful looking ping G20. Tiger Woods is DONE.

Thought I heard Miller saying it's a leg. He changed shoes the turn.
      First thought he had a blister.
      'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

It's that gawd awful looking ping G20. Tiger Woods is DONE.

Thought I heard Miller saying it's a leg. He changed shoes the turn.
        First thought he had a blister.
        Miller also made the astute observation that Tiger just can not get the correct distance with his irons, either. He's been either too short or far too long the whole four days. How can a guy shoot a 62 in the final round last week, then completely lose his short game less a few days later?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Whorehey
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2012

Tiger Woods is a mess right now. Hank Haney's book
          should be a real interesting read. Surprised Tiger didn't
          buy his silence.

Comment

• Little Texan
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I wouldn't write Tiger off just yet. I think he's close to getting it together, and just needs to find some consistency in his game.

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

You guys see that TW didnt finish the round?...he was seen driving away in his car..something wrong with leg or foot..switched shoes at the 10th..

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

yeah the news here reported a busted achilles tendon...

Comment

• Whorehey
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2012

If he blows off Bay Hill, Arnie's gonna be fucking pissed.
                  I don't see him playing again until the Masters...

And if his Achilles is fucked up, Augusta National is not the
                  flattest piece of real estate. He can't compete on it with one
                  leg like at Torrey.

I would like to see him ditch Sean Foley. TW's full swing as welll
                  as his putting stroke are a mess. I've seen TW gag more
                  six footers in the last couple of months than I have watching
                  his entire career. I also think that 62 he fired at the Honda was the
                  Golf Gods smiling on him one particular day.

That being said, I hope he can get it together. I absolutely love
                  having a coffee table full of snacks and drinks on a Sunday afternoon
                  watcjing him destroy a field.

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

If he blows off Bay Hill, Arnie's gonna be fucking pissed.
                    I don't see him playing again until the Masters...

And if his Achilles is fucked up, Augusta National is not the
                    flattest piece of real estate. He can't compete on it with one
                    leg like at Torrey.
                    Judging by the occasional commentary offered by both Palmer and Jack Nicklaus, the older guys are already pretty much disappointed with Tiger. The whole "I only play majors" thing disgruntled not only them, but just about everybody else out there, guys who were grinding it out week to week to pay off their condos. Yeah, Woods was a terrific spectacle to witness in his prime, but let's face it: As a human being, he was somewhat, if not far less than perfect. OK, I'm no better when it comes to morality or judgement, but by the same token, I'm not going through life making a living in the public eye by flaunting my greatness of skill while thumbing my nose to those with lesser abilities. And don't get me started on his sham-marriage. Why even bother getting engaged if you plan on continually banging anything and everything that catches your eye, let alone smiles at you?

Seriously folks, the guy is a walking shithead, and no amount of talent is going to change that.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

can't argue with ya craig.

aussies are renowned for allowing our sporting champs a certain amount of leeway with regards to their shenanigans...

but he's turned into the yngwie of golf. unlikeable much???

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                        can't argue with ya craig.

aussies are renowned for allowing our sporting champs a certain amount of leeway with regards to their shenanigans...
                        The thing is ash, a bit of humility goes a very long way. Take for instance your fellow countryman Craig Parry. This is a guy that was so hungover on an opening Thursday at Doral a few years ago, he overslept and just about missed his tee time. He splashed some water on his face, hastily got dressed in the first clothes he could find in his bag, paid some kid to get a golf cart, then drive him to the first hole. He not only hung around for the cut, but went on to win the tournament with one of the most remarkable final shots ever seen. There wasn't a person watching that didn't instantly feel for the guy, let alone becoming a fan of him in the process.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

i remember that. wow!

Comment

• ashstralia
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Feb 2004

btw popeye is a great bloke, by all reports.

Comment

• gbranton
                              Veteran
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              Seriously folks, the guy is a walking shithead, and no amount of talent is going to change that.
                              I can't stand him, it wouldn't bother me if his fucking leg fell off.
                              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ashstralia
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Feb 2004

go rory.

let's see golf at a new level, the same game of course, but with a new generation of players using soa equipment.

the wind'll still blow, it'll rain on sunday, 12 under will win easily.

bring on the masters!!!

Comment

Working...