Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Man, haven't seen or heard Augusta quite like this in a while. It's LOUD, as the roaring cheers are coming about every five minutes. Guys are bombing the crap out of the pins right now, and it's too early to tell who is going to pull this off.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

And don't look now, but Woods is now one off the lead.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Just got in from shooting 101...FUKK!!...This is a great finish..Rory really choked today eh?,,,I would love to see a 4-5 man playoff..so many within 1 shot til Scott just nailed the 16th..awesome shot

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Great tourney..felt bad for Mccilroy...shitload of pressure for a 21 yr old or anybody ....4 straight birdies to win for Charl Schwartzel??!!

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
            Rory really choked today eh?
            It was awful to watch, and it finally got so bad that after the triple-bogey at 10, he drove his next drive into a creek. He was just standing in the tee box, bent over his club in a state of shock, and CBS stopped showing him on camera for the rest of the tournament.

Overall, an amazing and intensely satisfying Masters final round. I was rooting for the Australian guys (Adam Scott, Jason Day and Geoff Ogilvy), all three of them within striking distance. In any event, congrats to Charl Schwartzel for a beautifully played round.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Well..he seemed to handle the interview well at the end..kid knows his jacket is coming.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Impressed with Jason Day too..amazing how many young players there are..I dont recall a "youth " movement in golf like this .

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Impressed with Jason Day too..amazing how many young players there are..I dont recall a "youth " movement in golf like this .
                  It is odd, as it came on so quickly. For the longest time, the only winners were whomever was playing when Woods was not. You have to imagine that these kids grew up watching Tiger as an inspiration. That and the new technology developed in the past seven years have made for a rapid turnaround. Now that Tiger has become mortal and the rest of the field has grown older, these younger guys were ready to fill the void. The pisser is, they can all hit the ball seven miles, but not one of them seems to have the imagination that Woods had at that age. They seem to overpower the course by brute force alone, and only a handful of them are any good with a putter. That is what makes Day's performance today stand out, as his putting was amazingly accurate, as was Schwartzel's and Ogilvey's.
                  Last edited by chefcraig; 04-10-2011, 07:41 PM.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Fairwrning
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Good point..technology on clubs today is so far beyond that of, hell, five years? I would bet a good percentage of todays PGA players would struggle badly with wooden drivers, paper thin irons and no hybrids...How low would Ben Hogan shoot in his prime today?

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Good point..technology on clubs today is so far beyond that of, hell, five years? I would bet a good percentage of todays PGA players would struggle badly with wooden drivers, paper thin irons and no hybrids...How low would Ben Hogan shoot in his prime today?
                      Here's an example: I've been using the same clubs for about ten years now, while the guys I play with have gone out and spent hundreds on the latest things. They usually out drive me, but their short games and putting is dismal, so we are about even when we tee it up. One weekend, we were to play in a charity tournament, when one of our gang broke his foot (biking, of all things). Since he backed out, he allowed me to use his bag. Now I'd never even touched a single club of his, but not only out drove and outscored our crew that day, I managed to get us to a third place finish.

It is said that a poor craftsman blames his tools, but it did make me seriously reconsider investing in more recent equipment. That is, until the economy tanked and I stopped playing as much, if at all.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

well done charl. 4 birdie finish. if i didn't watch it, i wouldn't have believed it. the eagle chip in early in the round always helps.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

aah, putting. that other game within the game. i love it. i sweetly stroked one today which tracked straight towards the hole,
                          went left, went right, then leftish again and trickled in...dr.c is playing beautiful golf.

Comment

• ashstralia
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Feb 2004

111 players, i won by 7 shots. 3 blokes shared 2nd

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

atta boy
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Pro golfer Kevin Na shoots a 16 ... on one hole! (video)

BY DAN CAHILL Afternoon Sports Club Apr 15, 2011 03:52PM

Kevin Na set an all-time PGA low, carding a 16 on the ninth hole Thursday at TPC San Antonio during the Texas Open. | AP

Any weekend golfer is familiar with a “snowman,” the term used for scoring an “8” on a hole.

But what do you call it when you card a 16? A double snowman?

Well, for weekend golfers it rarely gets to that point because a compassionate playing partner usually allows the hacker to pick up his ball before it reaches double digits.

Such is not the case on the PGA Tour.

Kevin Na, playing in the Texas Open, recorded a tour-record 16 on the ninth hole at the TPC San Antonio on Thursday. Amazingly, he shot a 4-under-par 64 on the other 17 holes, but his meltdown on No. 9 was epic.

Even the announcers had a hard time keeping track of his shots, at one point saying, “I’m not even sure what stroke he’s playing.”

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...