THWACK! The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ashstralia View Post
    couldn't agree more mate. winning a major so early in his career as an unknown alternate may have been the worst start ever.

then again, he still represents everyman.
    I'm not so sure, everyman goes to work each day and tries to hone his craft, he hasn't given his talent it's due. Maybe it was too soon for him but then again we put ever more increasing amounts of pressure on younger and younger athletes.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• yeah. i reckon most of us still fantasize about a past where boobs bucks bourbon blow and baccarat get shoved in your face just for being able to hit a high drawn 4 iron from 230. whilst resembling FORD.

in oz, we still use metres. add 10% gives you yards. 230m = 253y
      Last edited by ashstralia; 01-28-2012, 04:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ashstralia View Post
        most of us still fantasize about a past where boobs bucks bourbon blow and baccarat get shoved in your face just for being able to hit a high drawn 4 iron from 230.
        I have two of those things in abudant supply in the present, what I consider to be the best two. Even though my four iron is 200 yards at best.
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• screamin lectric green!

Comment

• It was supposed to be 60 degrees and sunny today...started decent but it became windy and cold,,I think i shot 120 today,,,,quit keeping score after 12..Worst round I have ever played..

Comment

• least ya got a few holes in fairwrning... our course resembles a lake at the moment. oh well, we will live in a flood zone!

Comment

• True..but when you play that bad it gets frustrating...and the fucking wind is 20 mph in 48 degree temps..

Comment

• We've got the Golf Show coming up in a couple of weeks
                  here in Chicago. Bunch of golf shops and resort destinations
                  in a convention hall. Find some great deals on last years models.
                  I ain't proud. I'll play last year's Pro V1s for $35/dozen.
                  'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• i 'best balled' a v1 and a v1x a while ago, liked the v1 better. thing is our course is soft most of the year so i can get by with a cheaper harder ball.

if you keep your grooves really clean, ya still get a fair degree of control, i reckon.

Comment

• Note to TW: Posting a 72 for a final round score is NOT gonna cut it on Tour (PGA or Euro).

Jesus, 2/14 fairways?

Comment

• I've been playing 10-12 times a year for 20 years now. I'm just now feeling like I can actually play. I have shitty clubs and a $25 driver. I'm hoping to upgrade to some Taylor Made Burner irons in April. I was hitting the absolute SHIT out of the ball off the tee at the end of last season, so I might keep that $25 driver.

My "almost" hole-in-one story: 15 years ago on a long par 3...don't remember the yardage or the club that I hit, but it was probably a 5. This was before I knew how to hit a golfball. Anyway, I hit it and it's dead center, going right at the pin. I saw it bounce real close to the hole and much to my surprise it checked up and stayed about 4 feet from the hole.

As I got to the green I was searching for the ball mark to fix it, but there was not ball mark on the entire green. I looked in the hole and there was a half-ball mark buried into the lip and side of the cup. So I kind of got a hole-in-one, it just didn't stay in. If I had actually hit a lofted shot and not a 400 mph line drive...oh well. I did make the bird though...
                        Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dam near 70 here today..end of January,,crazy..getting the fever

Comment

• Here's hoping Big Phil can get his act together at the Waste Management Phoenix Open this weekend.
                            He was all over the place last weekend at Torrey.
                            Sorry, Ash. I thought Pebble was this weekend. It's next weekend.
                            My friends are going to the indoor simulators this weekend to hit into the screen, gonna take a pass.

Comment

• cool whorehey.. pebble is an outstanding course. can't wait.

great tale, DPA!! mate if that driver/putter/wedge gets the results don't part with it!

fairwrning.. me too. haven't had a hit for weeks. autumn is our best weather for golf (your spring of course) and when the water damage subsides, our greens crew will have her looking ship shape in no time. there's probably only 6 fairways that were underwater anyway. i reckon a little layoff does wonders for the enthusiasm; last year i played a LOT of golf. at least 18 a week and maybe a dozen comp rounds.

Comment

• [QUOTE=ashstralia;1606531 at least 18 a week [/QUOTE]

Ash, we're talking holes, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X