X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whorehey
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ashstralia
    good onya g! yeah whorehey, craig is a certifiable golf nut like myself. i saw some highlights, but i don't have the pay tv. i may go over to barney's to watch the final round tho...
    Dude, what's this barney's place you keep referring to? Don't Aussies get to watch Golf for free?

BTW,think I figured out that "reply with quote" thingy. Won't know for sure until I post this. Sorry Chef!
    'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• Whorehey
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

Done and done

Comment

• Whorehey
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by gbranton
        Ping IST-K irons 2 - 9, 60, 53 and 49 Cleveland wedges, Cobra S2 driver, three wood and hybrid. An Odyssey putter

Nice...

Been slapping around i5's (4 - U) for five years. Gonna re-grip in the next couple of weeks, think I can put off the inevitable for a year or two. G15 driver, 3-wood, hybrid. Anser putter. Pro V-1 pellet of choice. Tried the Taylor-Made TP 5-piece ball a couple of times last year, knocked the shit out of it. But the cover is so thin that on mis-hits the sidespin is magnified and I banana slice like a 30 handicapper.

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
          Besides all that, John Daly won the damned thing in 1995. I mean really, John fucking Daly?
          It's unfortunate that John has turned himself into a sideshow act. The man has MASSIVE amounts of talent but ZERO drive. I honestly belive that if he could have controlled the boozing and put in some serious time honing his game he could have been one of the best golfers of the modern era. His balance and flexibilty are other worldly. I have seen him demonstrate incredibly soft hand and touch around the greens at times. He has a $100,000,000 body and a $0.05 head.

I'm not saying this because I'm a big fan either, I used to root for him until I started watching his reality show and that ruined it for me. He was whiny and unlikable. He came off very poorly, so I don't really care what happens to him anymore, I just think it's a shame.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Whorehey
            Pro V-1 pellet of choice. Tried the Taylor-Made TP 5-piece ball a couple of times last year, knocked the shit out of it. But the cover is so thin that on mis-hits the sidespin is magnified and I banana slice like a 30 handicapper.
            I haven't played enough over the last few years to settle on a ball of choice lately. But I know I don't need anything that magnifies a slice, LOL.
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Whorehey
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2012

Anthony Kim needs a wake-up call.

Comment

• gbranton
                Veteran
                • Aug 2005

Anthony Kim needs a wake-up call.
                If not, he'll be the next John Daly........with a fraction of the natural talent.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  Besides all that, John Daly won the damned thing in 1995. I mean really, John fucking Daly?

Damn, not one of his better pictures.

And disturbing to see because....... well, just ask anyone here who's actually met me in person
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• gbranton
                    Veteran
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                    I guess the Jim Owen studio in the couty jail was closed that day.

Comment

• Whorehey
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by FORD
                      Daly sporting orange before Rickie Fowler...

Comment

• gbranton
                        Veteran
                        • Aug 2005

Daly sporting orange before Rickie Fowler...
                        It probably WAS Sunday morning.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

haha FORD!!!

whorehey, barney's my mate who had a bike crash and who i've been caring for. he's got the satellite dish. he's a member here, check his thread in fan intro. no, barring the u.s. masters and the aussie open/pga/masters we have to pay to watch golf. sux!!!!

one of our fta networks used to show all 4 majors, but they only do the masters now.

edit; i like the pro v1, also srixon z star, but mostly use a wilson ultra at $1 per ball.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

People PAY to watch golf?

It bores me to death for free. If I wanted to pay to be put to sleep, I'd go to a Chickenshit concert!
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

yeah, the sports channels are included in the overall package... we pay a lot more for cable/satellite than you guys do... smaller market and all that.

Comment

• ashstralia
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                                It's unfortunate that John has turned himself into a sideshow act. The man has MASSIVE amounts of talent but ZERO drive. I honestly belive that if he could have controlled the boozing and put in some serious time honing his game he could have been one of the best golfers of the modern era. His balance and flexibilty are other worldly. I have seen him demonstrate incredibly soft hand and touch around the greens at times. He has a $100,000,000 body and a $0.05 head.
                                couldn't agree more mate. winning a major so early in his career as an unknown alternate may have been the worst start ever.

then again, he still represents everyman.

Comment

Working...