X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Whorehey
    Here's hoping Big Phil can get his act together at the Waste Management Phoenix Open this weekend.
    He'll have to manage the waste that is his game lately.

He is floundering around looking for some answers, I couldn't believe my eyes when he was using that long putter last year. Watching professional golfers use long putters is like watching an NFL game using a Nerf football.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Yo Rental...check out Craigslist...crazy ass deals on there.

I've been knocking shit around with a 17-year old set of Lynx Black Cats with fucking gay-ass flare shafts that shuck monster dick (because at some point, the club heads fly off, then they are damn near impossible to fix), but I hit them well.

I've always wanted a set of Pings, and over the years, I had hit a friends i3's, and absolutely loved them. Found a set on the list for $150, and got them down to $90. Since it was the 1-PW, it was a fucking steal, and these damn things are mint. Since then, I've sporadically picked up clubs here and there to complete the set, and get some extras. I picked up a Ping G10 3 wood that looked brand new for $25, and hit it so well, I picked up a G10 10.5 degree driver, and the guy threw in a 2009 Taylor Made burner 10 1/2 degree driver that he hit for half a season and hated, a g10 21 degree hybrid, and a 2009 Taylor Made rescue 19 degree hybrid all for $150.

I then went to Dicks and hit about 50 putter, and really gravitated to two Odyssey Putters. Love the fucking XG White Hot #7, and the XG White Ice #9 that is modeled after the putter Mickelson is using...

hopped up on the List...and found a #7...got the guy down to $30. The thing is not the newest model...but probably from five or six years ago...

but fuck...I love the damn thing...

Talk about itching to play...

Yo wrning...no shit...we need to play early Saturday morning...the day of the concert...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Whorehey
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        Yo Rental...check out Craigslist...crazy ass deals on there.

I've been knocking shit around with a 17-year old set of Lynx Black Cats with fucking gay-ass flare shafts that shuck monster dick (because at some point, the club heads fly off, then they are damn near impossible to fix), but I hit them well.

I've always wanted a set of Pings, and over the years, I had hit a friends i3's, and absolutely loved them. Found a set on the list for $150, and got them down to $90. Since it was the 1-PW, it was a fucking steal, and these damn things are mint. Since then, I've sporadically picked up clubs here and there to complete the set, and get some extras. I picked up a Ping G10 3 wood that looked brand new for $25, and hit it so well, I picked up a G10 10.5 degree driver, and the guy threw in a 2009 Taylor Made burner 10 1/2 degree driver that he hit for half a season and hated, a g10 21 degree hybrid, and a 2009 Taylor Made rescue 19 degree hybrid all for $150.

I then went to Dicks and hit about 50 putter, and really gravitated to two Odyssey Putters. Love the fucking XG White Hot #7, and the XG White Ice #9 that is modeled after the putter Mickelson is using...

hopped up on the List...and found a #7...got the guy down to $30. The thing is not the newest model...but probably from five or six years ago...

but fuck...I love the damn thing...

Talk about itching to play...

Yo wrning...no shit...we need to play early Saturday morning...the day of the concert...
        Poj, all bullshitting aside... I love my Pings to fucking Death!!! Get yerself some Titleist Pro V1s too. They cost a little more, but they're worth it.
        'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• Whorehey
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by gbranton
          Watching professional golfers use long putters is like watching an NFL game using a Nerf football.
          Word. Why don't you just move the fucking tees up...

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            I've been knocking shit around with a 17-year old set of Lynx Black Cats with fucking gay-ass flare shafts that shuck monster dick (because at some point, the club heads fly off...
            Oh yeah, that reminds me...I don't have a 9 iron because the fucking club head came off!
            Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Geez, what is up with Mickelson today? He's spraying the ball all over the course, missing fairways and blowing chip shots. Not good.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

I am all for some golf concert day..probably getting hotel room this year..so hell yeah..

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  Geez, what is up with Mickelson today? He's spraying the ball all over the course, missing fairways and blowing chip shots. Not good.
                  He looks like a guy who is just hanging out and waiting to turn 50.
                  "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

ha! yeah hohey.. 18 holes a week. tuesday me and the boys chuck in $5 winner takes all.. low score on the last wins a buck off everyone... often jackpots to fiddy plus, we sometimes have 10 or 12 in the group.

god i'd love to get over there and swat it around with you fellas.

the RA golf nerds
                    btw, if anyone ever comes to gold coast aus gimme a yell... i'll show ya a good time!
                    Last edited by ashstralia; 02-04-2012, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      His manbreasts are getting in the way, or...he's too busy trying to figure out all his bets for the fucking Super Bowl tomorrow...
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Hitting a serious dose of depression...can't say why yet...but damn...I need a new fucking job that pays more fucking money...

...or I need to sell a kid...

Comment

• Whorehey
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2012

TW Chasing Charlie Wi by 4. Bill Murray looks to be in rare form. All my chores done as of 7:45 PM CDT. My ass ain't leaving the couch tomorrow!
                          Last edited by Whorehey; 02-11-2012, 09:44 PM. Reason: I forgot how to fucking spell...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Phil and Tiger together today...would love to see TW pull it out.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Leader just double bogied first hole..

Comment

• Coyote
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...