Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Cmon O's...pull it out against the evil empire.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by fairwrning
      cmon o's...pull it out against the evil empire.
      she screamed
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• qikgts
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
        she screamed
        ... .. . as the Bombers went down in order in the 13th...
        You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• fourthcoming

Oh the Pain. Derek Jeter, Texiera, Russ martin, Ibanez, and Jay Nix are apparently the only Yankees who bothered to show up for the series. Yanks could have really set themselves up nicely for Detroit IF they won last night. O's hitters are choking too except for McClouth. I honestly can't see the Yankees getting past Detroit IF they get past Baltimore....and that's a big IF. If they continue to hit like this, one run a game is not going to beat Detroit.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Sadly, this is the wall this team has been hitting, with the exception of '09, since 2004 with their post season efforts. When they don't show up to play when it matters most, all I can do is just scratch my head and focus on football.

I mean, really, these guys should have bashed the O's for Joe Girardi, who just lost his Dad. Instead we got A-Rod actually being upset this time that he was pulled. Even if CC smokes'em tonight, he needs some GD run support FFS!!!

Comment

• fourthcoming

Couldn't agree with you more DLR. You would think the team would have come out inspired and would have their managers back last night. The thing that bothers me the most is the approach the hitters are taking in their at bats. Perfect example is Cano. The at bat before A-Rod choked and couldn't produce a sac fly. Cano is up there....men on 1st and 2nd 3-1 count and he is swinging at ball 4 low and inside and grounds out. Their whole hitting philosophy is what gets me. It's a very greedy approach. Instead of moving the lineup along and passing the baton, each guy is way too eager to be the hero. Too many guys swinging for the fences instead of cutting down their swing with 2 strikes or being happy with a walk. Cano walks in that spot their looking at bases loaded no out. Granted Alexis probably does nothing but there is still only one out. Swisher, who is also useless in the postseason gets up and hits what would have been a sac fly after Arod. It's not a given that Swisher would have produced a sac fly.....could have struck out or hit into a dp instead but if Cano, who if he was a smart ballplayer could be an all time great, would have approached his at bat smartly, your giving your team 2 chances to produce a sac fly instead of one. Very frustrating. It's frustrating too that there is a generation of Yankee fans now who don't know what it was like before 1996. 1993-1994-1995.....those were exciting, great years.....guys like Boggs and Donnie Baseball preached patience at the plate and led by example. None of these fugazzi Yankee fans even know who the hell Stump Merrill is or know about the lean years. Baseball isn't all about hitting home runs and star power....it's not a brutish game....it's still a game of thought combined with skill. Anyway,Go Yanks.

Comment

• So this is love
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

After Martin and Ibanez magical homers I thought this team would be going to rip through the O`s fast but here we are Game 5 WTF...
                Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• fourthcoming

You can't really look past a team like the O's and look to the next series, but the yankees would have been set up perfectly for Detroit if they had won last night. Carsten Charles needs to come through tonight. Then again, Hughes pitched his ass off last night....the bullpen too and it didn't make a difference. You would think the O's are throwing Palmer, Cuellarr and McNally against us this series.

Comment

• So this is love
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

CC tonight and the rotation is broken ......In hockey and baseball playoffs I have a rule to never put my money on a team that goes to the wire in the first round to win it all.....the fresher the players the better the odds...but thats just me...I still favor the bombers tonight

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

If the O's win, I'm gonna have an O'-face!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Aaahh the lean years. Showalter was there. Seems like forever ago. I still remember how hard the Yanks fought Seattle in the '95 playoffs. You hit the nail on the head. Donnie baseball wasn't about one guy. It was a team wide mindset. I think I'd like to see him manage the Yanks at some point down the road still.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Tonight's Yankee line up:

Jete
                          Ich (eech)
                          Robbie
                          Tex
                          RAAUUUUULLL!!
                          Swish
                          The Grandy Man
                          Martin
                          Chavez (the Spirit horse)

Anyone missing? Nah.

Comment

• So this is love
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

In my book your best player must be better than the opponents best....27 million dollar man on the bench really? in a decisive game 5? Can't wait to see those Girardi balls of steel...lol

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Are you saying A-Rod should be in there based on the amount of money he makes? If so, I couldn't disagree more. If he was making twice as much as he is now or half as much as Eduardo Nunez, his current numbers on the field drive the bus of the decision makers. Shit, Granderson should even get his butt sat down for this one.

Comment

• So this is love
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2012

ARod is making so much money because he is considered the best player....and no he shouldn't be playing if he can't handle the fucking pressure...but its a mental game...hes not alone Grande, swisher,cano...all I'm saying is your best player must be the best or you're fucked.

Comment

Working...